Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

My auto mode for fan is consuming more electricity as compared to when i set the fan on the max speed

Literally I am not able to understand how to save the electricity as when the ac is on My 1.1 Ton consumes 1600 watt for 40-45 mins

my last month usage came around 301 units for the house.
which includes projector for a few hours.
ac - average 8-10 hours for 27 days.
washing machine-front load- twice a week.
2 door 275 lit fridge.
big 32 litre microwave.
TV- lcd etc etc..
other household stuff.

without AC for the month of march with my old LG AC in hall (minimal use) was 1100 so 500 extra for month of april is a bliss..

the ac cannot consume more power in auto mode than in full power mode for fan as in auto mode i have never seen the fan kick to full at most times of a few seconds to be true when i drop down the temp in remote and it gets back to low with minimal sound.

i do not get direct sunlight. that may be one of the reason.

last year with average 4 hours usage i had 3k bill average for march-august.
so this year i was expecting 5k plus.. now with 1600 bucks i am sure have a smile with a grin :):)

all thanks to @rishiguru had he not posted it i would have never opted for sharp.

I have the 1.5 Sharp PHT in a 170 sq ft bedroom . The AC was was probably used 25 days out of 30 and used it for 8 - 10 hours a day

The usual temperature setting is 21 or 22 on Auto
The electricity bill for last month was Rs 2500 approx 1500 bucks over my normal 1k electricity bill

So I am pegging Rs1500 for using the AC for 8 hours a day on a 21- 22 temp setting.

my last month usage came around 301 units for the house.
which includes projector for a few hours.
ac - average 8-10 hours for 27 days.
washing machine-front load- twice a week.
2 door 275 lit fridge.
big 32 litre microwave.
TV- lcd etc etc..
other household stuff.

without AC for the month of march with my old LG AC in hall (minimal use) was 1100 so 500 extra for month of april is a bliss..

the ac cannot consume more power in auto mode than in full power mode for fan as in auto mode i have never seen the fan kick to full at most times of a few seconds to be true when i drop down the temp in remote and it gets back to low with minimal sound.

i do not get direct sunlight. that may be one of the reason.

last year with average 4 hours usage i had 3k bill average for march-august.
so this year i was expecting 5k plus.. now with 1600 bucks i am sure have a smile with a grin :):)

all thanks to @rishiguru had he not posted it i would have never opted for sharp.

What is the distance from the IDU TO ODU OF YOUR AC

I have the 1.5 Sharp PHT in a 170 sq ft bedroom . The AC was was probably used 25 days out of 30 and used it for 8 - 10 hours a day

The usual temperature setting is 21 or 22 on Auto
The electricity bill for last month was Rs 2500 approx 1500 bucks over my normal 1k electricity bill

So I am pegging Rs1500 for using the AC for 8 hours a day on a 21- 22 temp setting.

cheers.. i saved a lot of dough which will suffice for some poison this month.. a few pegs in chill :):)

What is the distance from the IDU TO ODU OF YOUR AC

precisely 3 metres :D

indoor unit above my window. and outer unit outside my window where the top of the outer unit has 1 inch clearance with the bottom panel of my window..

For daily 2-3 hours usage, do i still need to go for inverter model?

the invertor will give you more savings over longer duration for shorter duration the savings will be less but it will still be there...

if you are ok with the pricing and falls into your budget there is no harm in getting the latest better technology...

Can please anyone help me choose the better one between Panasonic CS-TS12PKYP & LG BS-Q126B8R8?

Also I came to know that LG is providing alloy type condenser whereas it's copper for Panasonic.

EER for Panasonic CS-TS12PKYP is 3.25 whereas for LG BS-Q126B8R8 its 3.47. I don't know about the other aspects but based on these numbers alone, the LG one sounds more efficient. Someone who knows better on these please suggest further.

PS: I recently bought Samsung AR12HV5NBWK 1Ton (2014 model) which comes with 10 year warranty on compressor. COP is 3.52. It's been over a month and my feedback so far is good. You may consider that too.

EER for Panasonic CS-TS12PKYP is 3.25 whereas for LG BS-Q126B8R8 its 3.47. I don't know about the other aspects but based on these numbers alone, the LG one sounds more efficient. Someone who knows better on these please suggest further.

PS: I recently bought Samsung AR12HV5NBWK 1Ton (2014 model) which comes with 10 year warranty on compressor. COP is 3.52. It's been over a month and my feedback so far is good. You may consider that too.

I am also using Samsung AR12HV5NBWK 1Ton (2014 model) for last 1 month.
Electricity bill for half month was also reasonable.
I just face one problem that when i set temperature to 24 the room is not that cool (I dont use fan). I always set 23 or sometimes if i want more cool then 22.
I think that may be there thermometer settings is somewhat on higher side.

What about you ?

Dear rishiguru ji

Fantastic post! You have set a benchmark as far as product reviews go in hifivision.

I have been toying with the idea of replacing my air conditioners with inverter types this summer. We have 7 a/c at home (ranging from 1T to 2T) and energy bills are literally shooting thro the roof.

The only thing I am worried about is the electronics. In last 7 years 3 of our A/c (all LG split) suffered card burnout. It happens during thunder storms where surprisingly only the a/c control card is effected. Each time the replacement card was quoted a very high figure or not available. The only solution was to bypass the card and operate in a standalone mode e.i. no control on temp, timer, fan speed etc.

We have now power off and isolate the air conditioner at the first sign of thunder and lightening.

I hope these a/c control cards are better protected than LG ones.

Great suggestion as I am planning to buy an AC this summer. So, at the first sign of thunderstorm I've to disconnect the AC from electrical outlet, same thing I do with my computer and broadband modem / router to avoid burn-out.

Thanks & Regards, :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Sharp AHXP-18PHT not available in maximum shop on kolkata not even in sharp dealer.As per maximum shop & Dealer they said due to some issue on that perticular model so sharp discontinue this model.

Sharp AHXP-18PET available on every shop they refer this model.

then frnds what should i do , pls help

Sharp AHXP-18PHT not available in maximum shop on kolkata not even in sharp dealer.As per maximum shop & Dealer they said due to some issue on that perticular model so sharp discontinue this model.

Sharp AHXP-18PET available on every shop they refer this model.

then frnds what should i do , pls help

I waited 20 days for 13PHT about a month and at last purchased 13PET
The News which i got from inside is that these Sharp guys are Full fulling a big corporate order due to which PHT is out of stock since its stock was less and Pet was able to catch up with the demand so it is still in stock[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sharp AHXP-18PHT price i last get lowest 48k. is it correct price ?

In Some shop available Sharp AHXP-18PHT.

The best price which i got fo 18PHT was 41k but since i wanted to buy 1.1 Ton only therefore i bought 1.1 PET for 33k

from kolkata lowest price i get 48k, from where you bought & when ?

can you pls share your review of 18PHT...

Price differs from state to state and from time to time. Try to renegotiate the price down a bit and don't wait too long deciding :)

I just stopped my research on AC and went blindly for Sharp 1.25 T AH-X 15RET for a room of size 135 sq ft. Installed yesterday amidst 41 degree scorching heat on Calcutta and ohh man .... how correct u guys were and what a stupid I am ... those who are still skeptical buying an inverter AC just , should follow Rishi's review and go for the one.. especially this one from Sharp...its so different ... never felt too cold or too hot ....so silent.. no jerking sound of compressor start up.... just nothing...its like a ceiling fan which can produce cold and can adjust its speed automatically... we are loving this so much that its almost running for 16/17 hrs since it was just installed 4 pm yesterday...barely 24 hrs ago... have been using a 2 Ton Hitachi since 2006 ( just imagine how power hungry it is ) and never have this experience... am so much stunned that I am thinking to ask for a VRS to my 8 year old companion ....

Never consider Sharp even in my dream on choosing the AC .....So Thank you very much Rishi for this wonderful recommendation :clapping: .... special thanks to theironhorse to point that out .....

I too didn't knew much about the existence of this brand in AC segment before I bought my Sharp Inverter ACs way back in 2012. Its only when I did an extensive market research did I stumble upon this and found them as the best VFM air conditioners all around. Back then they were slowly penetrating the AC market with Inverter ACs when people never knew about Inverter ACs.

Their Inverter ACs provided astounded value to me, as they were certainly providing equal or better quality imported products from Thailand having much advanced and superior technology than competitor's 5 star non-Inverters of Hitachi/ Daikin/ General at much less cost!!!

Their Inverter AC drive was a big success in India, today they command 45% market share of all Inverter ACs sold in India. With this success they have also opened air-conditioner manufacturing facility in Pune, put up at an investment of around Rs 250 crore, to manufacture inverter air-conditioners. This facility has an installed capacity of 5 lakh units a year.

To know further read the below quote from "The Hindu" newspaper:

Sunil K. Sinha, Chief Executive Officer and Regional Head of Sharp India. Bijoy Ghosh

CHENNAI, JAN. 8:

Sharp India Ltd will phase out its value-for-money range of products and focus only on high-end models across product categories.

We will focus only on products such as inverter air-conditioners, LED TVs above 32 inches, and frost-free refrigerators, in order to rationalise our product portfolio, said Sunil K. Sinha, Chief Executive Officer and Regional Head of Sharp India.

For Sharp India, TV and air-conditioner verticals contribute over 70 per cent of the top line. Sinha said the company wants to consolidate its presence in these two segments in the next couple of years.

The company recently launched its air-conditioner manufacturing facility in Pune, put up at an investment of around Rs 250 crore, to manufacture inverter air-conditioners. This facility has an installed capacity of 5 lakh units a year.

With less than 4 per cent share of the 3.4-million-unit room air-conditioner market, Sharp currently lags behind many other brands. However, if you consider only the inverter air-conditioners market, which is around 6 per cent (a little over two lakh units) of the overall market, we command over 45 per cent share, said Sinha. In the current year, it expects to garner at least 7-8 per cent share of the overall room air-conditioner market, which is expected to cross 4 million units.

In the 4.5-million-unit LED TV market, Sharp commands 3 per cent share. It hopes to cross 5 per cent in 2014.

Besides the listed entity of Sharp India, the parent company Sharp Corporation of Japan has two wholly-owned companies Sharp Business System (sales and marketing company) and its captive research and development unit Sharp Software Development.

To prove the companys commitment to after-sales service, Sinha has given his direct telephone number in the product guarantee cards and advertisements for customers. Its a good initiative for consumer connect, he said.

[email protected]

(This article was published on January 8, 2014)

Link: Sharp to focus on high-end models | Business Line

Last edited:
I am also using Samsung AR12HV5NBWK 1Ton (2014 model) for last 1 month.
Electricity bill for half month was also reasonable.
I just face one problem that when i set temperature to 24 the room is not that cool (I dont use fan). I always set 23 or sometimes if i want more cool then 22.
I think that may be there thermometer settings is somewhat on higher side.

What about you ?

You are right - Without fan 24 or even 22 doesn't feel that cool - I have tried it too. For me the 27+fan setup gives about the same effect as setting it at 20-22 without fan. A lot of power is saved that way.

The underlying principle is very simple: "Moving air (wind) feels cooler than still air".

Dear sir i heard about problem in inverter Ac that is card problem some one told me everytime when Service done card create problem its cost approx 4 k please help me out i would like to purchase inverter Ac but due to this not able to purchase, waiting for your reply

Ensure that refrigerant tubes are vacuumed, prior to charging, with Refrigerant. Here in Chennai, at my Brothers place, the personnel came for installation made a shortcut; they installed and just purged the line with gas; operated the AC and went. These happened for 2 ACs installed on 2 different days over a period of 1 week.

When I came to know, that vacuum was not done, I wrote to Sharp for their standard procedure for installation. They apologized and redone the installation after proper vacuuming.

Hi can you please suggest how they redone the installation? did they remove all R410a gas , vacuumed and reinserted/refilled the gas? or just pumped down the gas? what is pump down.?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back