Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

Hi can you please suggest how they redone the installation? did they remove all R410a gas , vacuumed and reinserted/refilled the gas? or just pumped down the gas? what is pump down.?

They had not removed the gas out of the air conditioner. They pumped back the refrigerant back into the Outdoor Unit. Then with the vacuum pump, they vacuumed the system. Then they charged the system with refrigerant from outdoor unit and topped up the gas from the refrigerant bottle, which they had brought along.

Hi all,

First of all i would like to thank Rishi for the wonderful review, If it had not been for your review i might not have considered an Inverter Air conditioner. I bought a Sharp 1.1 Ton X13 PET model from a distributor in chennai for a 36k which included installation & a stabilizer. Cooling performance so far has been very satisfactory. Sharp AC prices seems to be going up. In fact now Sharp AC's are manufactured/ Assembled in India However prices are going up.

I was curious about the energy part so decided to put the AC to test. I ran the AC for 18 hours yesterday and monitored the energy consumption from the main meter. End result was very surprising. Total unit consumed after 18 hours were 11.6 which included all my other appliances at home including a new 900VA inverter with 150 AH battery which ironically was installed yesterday while i was still testing the AC. I'm assuming here that the AC would have consumed around 10 to 10.5 units in 18 hours . I know this is not a fool proof method to test the energy consumption part but at-least it gives us a rough idea. Compared to this Sharp AC, my 1.5 Ton window Ac consumes around 30- 32 unit in 18 hours and doesn't cool half as much.

So far i'm very happy with the energy saving part of Inverter Tech. I believe it will bring down the electricity bills by 30- 50 % depending upon the number of hours AC is ran. Anyone who runs AC's for more than 10 - 12 hours will have substantial savings compared to one who runs it for a few hours.

Once again i would really thank you for posting the results of your research on a public forum which I'm sure would have benefited many like me.

Regards
Sumesh

Last edited:
Thanks rishi for this detail review
purchased AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton ac very happy with its performance. thanks buddy for making purchase so easy.

Hi Everyone, I wish to buy a Hot and Cold 1.5 T Inverter AC. Does anyone has any experiance of it? Sharp Doesn't sell these in india. So can anyone suggest any other brand and model?

Hi,

After reading all these discussions for a week, I have purchased AH-X13PHT(1.1) from Lulu connect kochi for 34500 (1000 extra for installation) on Sunday night and got the delivery on Monday morning (within 14 hours).

What all are things to verify during installation? Can you guys suggest recommended setting to reduce power consumption?

Thanks

Hi Rishiguru,

I am planning to buy an AC.

My apartment is in South Kolkata, is on top floor and the room has walls facing north and west and is about 10 by 12 ft.

After reading your exhaustive review I decided to go for SHARP 1.5 Ton Inverter AC.

I have trolled the internet and also been to some retail outlets. And the best deal I got till now is

SHARP AHX 18PET W (I guess the W stands for White) for 44000/- (installation extra @ 2500/- by a SHARP engineer). Even at the cost of letting a potential customer who is ready to pay in cash, go away, the dealer is not ready to bring down the price by even 1 rupee.

I need you help in arriving at a decision here. Is the aforementioned model a good value for money option ?

I am really concerned about electricity bills and you yourself know the monster that CESC is when it comes to usage rates.

Usage is going to be around 6 hours per night.

Really need your expert opinion here. Many thanks in advance.

Hello rishi sir, thank you for this superb review, i have decided to buy SHARP ac but little bit confused can you please suggest which model is better ?
1. AH-XP18MV
2. AH-X18PET
3. AH-XP18PHT
these PET/PHT are new versions of MV or what, please help.
and what is the diff btw PHT/PET and which type of gas they are using like "AH-X18PET" is using R-410, but don't know about PET/PHT. i ahve listen they can be max operated at 46 degree temp, is it true ?? cause i live in punjab but i have to use it for night only(room at ground floor).

Hello rishi sir, thank you for this superb review, i have decided to buy SHARP ac but little bit confused can you please suggest which model is better ?
1. AH-XP18MV
2. AH-X18PET
3. AH-XP18PHT
these PET/PHT are new versions of MV or what, please help.
and what is the diff btw PHT/PET and which type of gas they are using like "AH-X18PET" is using R-410, but don't know about PET/PHT. i ahve listen they can be max operated at 46 degree temp, is it true ?? cause i live in punjab but i have to use it for night only(room at ground floor).

I think..(please check to make sure)

MV- I think is the old model
PET - Non Filter model
PHT- With Ion Filter

Hi Everybody,
I am planning to buy two ACs simultaneously. While I previously inclined to Hitachi/Daikin but going through this thread it seems to me I should go ahead with Sharp. My only concern is how they will behave in long run. While I can find people who has used Hitachi ACs for than 10 years and they are absolutely trouble free.But Sharp Inverter ACs are relatively new,so I do not know anybody who is using these machines for even 2-3 years. Does anybody of you personally or know anybody who has been using Sharp inverter ACs for at least 2-3 years and let me know about the experience for long run. Eagerly waiting for your feedback.

Rishiguru you are using these machines close to 2 years now. We will be very grateful if you can come up with a long term review on these machines.

Just a word of caution to all the buyers.
I recently purchased a 2 Ton Inverter model AH-XP24 SHT.

I have the following observations.
a) This is an India made AC and the dimensions and Weight of both Indoor and outdoor units are lower then the earlier published figures for the Imported model.

b) The outdoor unit weighs less then other brands like Samsung , LG ,Hitachi etc.
c) I think to offset the lower size Sharp has increased the air flow rate over the coils. This has increased the noise levels
d) The published sound level for the Indoor unit is 45/34 dB. However I observed it to be in excess of 60dB in Jet Cool mode.

Bought a sharp inverter AC ahxp 18pht about a year ago, after going through reviews here. Also have 3 other non inverter Lg ACs. Had a problem with the Sharp AC since I started using it again after about 9 months of rest- the outdoor unit fan is making a rattling noise and have called the AC Tech to look into it. The other 3 ACs vary from 11 years old to 6 years old to one year old, never had to call an AC Tech ever, usually get a once in two year check on these ACs.
Just saying.......

To add further. I recommended to my daughter (Who resides in Mumbai) to purchase a Sharp Inverter AC based on this review.

Sorry to say that the internal unit coil developed a leakage today. Its hardly 6 months old.

Now i have to conclude that Sharp AC's quality is suspect.

The Sharp people are planning to replace the coil instead of the whole unit. Is this OK??

Hi,

any quotes on Sharp AMC? What do they charge for annual maintenance contracts?Any idea would be appreciated.

To add further. I recommended to my daughter (Who resides in Mumbai) to purchase a Sharp Inverter AC based on this review.

Sorry to say that the internal unit coil developed a leakage today. Its hardly 6 months old.

Now i have to conclude that Sharp AC's quality is suspect.

The Sharp people are planning to replace the coil instead of the whole unit. Is this OK??

A coil can leak owing to sewage gases present in the area, most probably due to a huge drainage flowing nearby. Get them to change it and fixing it tight and covering it with some PVC, if possible!

I think now sharp air conditioners are from india plant rather than imported.Some dealers commented that imported one has better quality than current.It seems like they are using alloy instead of copper.
Review is for an imported model and now most models are not.So the quality could be a suspect.

Hii,

Nice and very informative post. You are right a huge variety of different AC by different brands are available here. I would recommend you to research online before buying, check user reviews, Energy efficiency, purifier, capacity etc. to make a wise purchase. I replaced my older AC with Blue Star 5HW18ZCR1 Split AC and it provides good job for me.

Deysurya ..... being motivated by this thread I ad also bought a 1.25 Ton of Sharp AC last year and its doing a decent job by then. But nothing out of the world as it was portrayed by the OP ..... believe me .... nothing extraordinary ... don't want to insult anybody but as that original post is somehow seems commercially motivated to me .... though very much power hungry , but my 9 years old 2T Hitachi still doing a faster cooling than this Sharp..... though Sharp is way ahead as far as your electricity bill is concerned and is very silent too but so as the other inverter ACs in the market ..... so don't get too overwhelmed by the post and use your own ability of research on various product ..... especially your primary consideration should be post sales service of a product in your area which is very much essential for a heavy duty mechanical product like compressor ...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back