RIP - Irrfan Khan

M

mpw

I see shocking news - actor Irrfan Khan is no more

Needless to say i am a fan of his like many of you i know.

I feel sad and heart broken today

:-((

Always loved his work - those eyes.... that communication to the audience...

Paan Singh Tomar - was a movie i have loved lots..

Rest in Peace sir..

One who lives has to die one day but today ...

Today i grieve..

This is terrible news - hurts somewhere deep inside.

Mpw.

What a big loss! One of the few male actors today who excelled both at style and substance is no more. Recently I saw two of his earliest movies - Salaam Bombay and Kamla ki Maut (from the late 80’s) on MUBI. And another - ‘Kaali Salwar’ (2002) somewhere from the middle of his career. He was good at his stuff right from the beginning of his career. And remained as good till Hindi Medium and Karwaan (his most recent movies I could watch).

Perhaps one of the last actors to emerge from the great parallel cinema trend of 70s and 80s, he, like Naseer and Pankaj Kapur could manage to bridge art and commercial cinema without losing either his popularity or his essence. His performances will be long remembered. Irrfan Khan will be long remembered.

RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding Actor. Loved him in Pan Singh Tomar and Maqbool.
Sad News.
May his soul rest in peace.

Tremendous loss. I was shocked when I got the news today.
Rest in Peace Irrfan Khan

All our hopes and fears are encapsulated in these 3 paras - i especially empathise with the Ticket collector lines... & i quote

======================================================================================
It’s been quite some time now since I have been diagnosed with a high-grade neuroendocrine cancer. This new name in my vocabulary, I got to know, was rare, and due to fewer study cases, and less information comparatively, the unpredictability of the treatment was more. I was part of a trial-and-error game.

I had been in a different game, I was travelling on a speedy train ride, had dreams, plans, aspirations, goals, was fully engaged in them. And suddenly someone taps on my shoulder and I turn to see.

It’s the TC: “Your destination is about to come. Please get down.”

I am confused: “No, no. My destination hasn’t come.”

“No, this is it. This is how it is sometimes.”

The suddenness made me realise how you are just a cork floating in the ocean with UNPREDICTABLE currents! And you are desperately trying to control it.
============================================================================

These lines are stuck in my mind since some time now...

Life is so un-predictable.. and so scary

Live each moment - enjoy what you have and be kind to everyone..

Am hurting..though i dont know him as a person at all.

I know why
but
i dont know why..

This guy touched me deep inside with his skills... thats why..

RIP Irrfan Khan. a natural actor, who could play varied roles with such ease. A big loss for the Indian film industry and for all his fans.

Rip Sir. One of the finest natural actors who delivered great performances. Will miss him a lot. Infact had just seen Tokyo Trials a couple of days back where he played justice Radhabinod pal which was a true event in history with superb performance.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back