RIP Sam Kapasi

@ Navin, since you are a close friend can you give out more details how the accident if it is not a issue with his family

I know the land rover is not a good handler on tarmac and high speeds since its a proper off roader but what went wrong?

Sam was a very safe driver. He never sped. As was posted on Sam's thread on TBHP....

Sam & Jenny were driving from Pune to Mumbai in the Land Rover, and met with an accident. Sam did not survive. Jenny is Ok.

- Accident due to a tyre burst on the Expressway.
- Sam's Father was with them too. He is fine.
- Sam suffered a head injury from hitting the A / B Pillar. They had to cut the seat belt to remove Sam from the car.

Let us not speculate. It wont lead to any good and for sure it wont bring my best friend back. I have not slept for 2 days now. I cant.

Sam was a very safe driver. He never sped.
and, he was wearing a seat belt. and it was burst tire; no other vehicle was involved. All the "usual suspects" that we might rant about on Team-BHP look to be out of the question.

We can do everything right, and still die. Life is that fragile.

It is just so hard on those who are left behind.

Didnt know much about him but I believe my forum friends when they say He was Awsome ...

RIP good person!!!

If a man is measured by the number of lives he touched, Sam would be up there with the greats. He was an inspiration to many.

Very very true navin

Proof is the tribute thread on tbhp. Its 60+ pages and still going on

Following is what Jenny (Sam's wife) had posted on his facebook page. This is for all those who dont use facebook like me

Source - A post on Tbhp

Dear friends, this is Jenny!

I wish with all my heart that it would not be me but my wonderful husband writing one of his many jokes, laughing about it with the world around him! I wish so much that my heart is paining but this tragic car accident we found ourselves in on Sunday has taken him from me (and all of us), leaving behind a void that cannot be described with words.

I thank all of you for having shared so many moments with Sam, for being part of his life. He loved all of you and as so many already expressed, he LOVED LIFE and lived it to its fullest day by day!

Please excuse if I take some time to reply to all the messages and wishes received. Our entire family would like to invite you to a memorial service on Sunday, 30th, to honor him and share the love he gave us at every moment of his life!

Please share this message and we hope to see you there.

Location: Mumbai Educational Trust, near Lilavati hospital, Bandra Reclamation.
Time: 5 - 7 pm.

Proof is the tribute thread on tbhp. Its 60+ pages and still going on

Thank you rikhav. Both on Facebook and TBHP many have expressed what Sam meant to them.

Even at his funeral which happened shortly after his body was bought to Mumbai (at midnight on the 23rd) there was a crowd. In just few hours, in the middle of the night, so many made time to bid their farewell to him. It speaks volumes.

Sad to hear this. I never knew him personally but have read some awesome stuff on Team BHP. He was truly a larger than life personality. Condolences.

Guys,

I have been asked by some about a private meet for Sam. This is my personal plea.

While Jenny is doing her best to respond personally to all the condolences it is just not physically possible for her to do so on such short notice.

I would strongly suggest that all of us give her space and let her grieve and come to terms with this loss. If so many of us feel so deeply and are so hurt by Sam's passing, you can imagine what Jenny and Sam's father (Inayat) must feel having been there during this accident.

One reason for the rememberance on Sunday was to give so many of Sam's friends a place to say goodbye without individually visiting Sam's small family (wife and father).

There is exepected to be a significant crowd on Sunday at MET. Family and Friends are flying in from as far away as Delhi, Bangalore, Dubai and ofcourse Germany.

To those who have contacted me about this Sunday's Rememberance, I have suggested either car pooling, using public transport or at least using a chauffer. The MET has almost no private parking and there is expected to be a significant traffic jam since the Lilavati hospital is on the same street. This is the best option.

There will NOT be any TBHP organised meet for Sam. We love Sam but that is not how TBHP works. Yes many TBHPians are meeting and have already met (in the past few days) privately within themselves to bid farewell the Sam. However we cannot expect Jenny, Inayat or any of Sam's family to be present at these meets.

Jenny knows how much TBHPians loved Sam and he, them. However it is not physically possible for her to reciprocate as yet. Maybe one day when she feels up to it she will. For now she needs to rest. The past few days have been very very stressful.

Please give Sam's family some room. That would be best for them and that is what Sam would have wanted.

There are around (more than by now?) a thousand messages on Team-BHP, and that must have been just one small part of Sam's life.
While Jenny is doing her best to respond personally to all the condolences it is just not physically possible for her to do so on such short notice.
Really, really not expected surely. She needs peace, as much as possible.

Each person who goes on Sunday will carry the wishes of ten of us who can't.

I have been an ardent follower of Sam kapasi .I have read his blogs over and over again.He breathed alive all his experiences.I am very much shocked and saddened by his sudden and unfortunate demise.I would like to quote his reply on Teambhp.com on the occasion of his birthday in 2008.

My dream is to fly... over the rainbow... so high.

My dream is to fly
Over the rainbow so high

My dream is to fly
Over the rainbow so high

Rise Up
don't falling down again

Rise Up
long time I broke the chains.

I try to fly a while so high
direction's sky

I try to fly a while so high
direction's sky

My dream is to fly
Over the rainbow so high

My dream is to fly
Over the rainbow so high

I'm back home. Too many long island teas - not my usual poison but what the hey.

I'm a simple man. A show-off, attention demander, a loud personality, very easily written off as a loudmouth - very full of himself, a sham, showman, storyteller, entertainer, die-hard romantic, fake, full-on, call me what you will.
Nature blessed me with a persona slightly different from normal - I went on to be awkward and odd with life.

I am not afraid. To live. To love. To be myself. I am so full of faults, it is just weird to be me. But here I am. All of 35 and living - as hard as I can. As strong as I can.

To me there a great happiness than to know that I made someone smile, or that I could help someone with their little holiday wish, some silly fantasy in life. I have only a few more years to live, could be 10,20 or 50 but it's just a few more years. And I'm going to live the YetiLife. As hard as I can.

The only greater happiness than to love, it is to be loved. You gave me that happiness on this thread.

This very huge thread full of plain happiness and your simple happy wishes to this show-off, this exaggerater, this story-teller.

I wish you happiness every day. And I feel very blessed.

"Thank you" said the very drunk Yeti as he signed off with a beaming smile. Life was pretty good.

Thank You too yeti for aloowing us to be a small part of your life and living life.

RIP Sam!!

Yesterday, the Marketing Director of Sahil Intl. (distributor for JBL and Harman Intl.), Sam Kapasi, passed away.

Sam was young (39) but he did a lot. He was a close friend of mine. Before Sam joined hands with JBL about the only car audio speaker you could find was Pioneer. Today in less than 10 years JBL is the best distributed car audio brand in India.

Beyond his fondness for audio, he lived life large. Some fellow HFVians might know him some might not. Those that do would also know him as the Yeti. I have included a few links of his as well as his facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/sam.kapasi
About me | YetiLife
Sam Kapasi is NO MORE :( - Team-BHP

RIP Sam.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back