Rockwool acoustic panel help

Thickness is around 50mm. Sound seems a bit fuller, vocals are better, but I have to keep the volume a bit higher than before.

Thickness is around 50mm. Sound seems a bit fuller, vocals are better, but I have to keep the volume a bit higher than before.

With that thickness, you effectively have a HF tone control (it'd explain why you're looking to raise the volume). I'd suggest either doubling the thickness or an airgap of 2 inches between the panels and the wall to make it behave more like a broadband absorber.

Yeah...2" thickness is
With that thickness, you effectively have a HF tone control (it'd explain why you're looking to raise the volume). I'd suggest either doubling the thickness or an airgap of 2 inches between the panels and the wall to make it behave more like a broadband absorber.
Yeah...airgap of 2" is very important imho.
You can also experiment with changing the number of panels installed.

Yeah...2" thickness is

Yeah...airgap of 2" is very important imho.
You can also experiment with changing the number of panels installed.
Dear FMs,

I am also in the process of making DIY panels. I have sourced the rockwool already. Thanks to FM @Anshul_J

While I went through the data sheet of GIK's acoustic panel, I noticed the broadband absorber is made of two slabs of fibreglass with a air-gap in-between the slabs and another air-gap between the wall and the panel.

I want to know what other FM's think about this? Has anyone done this in similar way? Or just the rockwool panel with air-gap towards the wall will do? I dont have any measurement device to take the readings and to study the data.

Dear FMs,

I am also in the process of making DIY panels. I have sourced the rockwool already. Thanks to FM @Anshul_J

While I went through the data sheet of GIK's acoustic panel, I noticed the broadband absorber is made of two slabs of fibreglass with a air-gap in-between the slabs and another air-gap between the wall and the panel.

I want to know what other FM's think about this? Has anyone done this in similar way? Or just the rockwool panel with air-gap towards the wall will do? I dont have any measurement device to take the readings and to study the data.
Unless you seal the air gap its not of much use. So keeping it in the centre rather than in the wall is more useful.

Unless you seal the air gap its not of much use. So keeping it in the centre rather than in the wall is more useful.
I plan to do one the following
1) 50mm rockwool slab + 10 mm airgap + 50mm rockwool slab + 50mm sealed airgap
2) 2x 50mm rockwool slab together with 50 mm sealed airgap

Which one do you think will be more efficient?

I plan to do one the following
1) 50mm rockwool slab + 10 mm airgap + 50mm rockwool slab + 50mm sealed airgap
2) 2x 50mm rockwool slab together with 50 mm sealed airgap

Which one do you think will be more efficient?
sealed airgap with the wall

I am planning to install Fabric wrapped rockwool acoustic panels of size 3x2ft in my bedroom. Roxul Rockwool panels are available for density of 40-100 kg/m cube, what density will be appropriate?
I used 50mm thick and 50kg/m3 density, it is sufficient for home. It trapped sound echo more than I expect.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back