Roku 3 - sam9s take on the device

Does this 'Crackle" channel requires VPN activation/static routing or will SmartDNSproxy DNS tweak in router will work ?

Its not the channel that requires static routing, its the device (Roku 3) since by default its locked to use only google DNS we cannot use smartDNSproxy (or any other DNS service) to view any of the US channels including crackle, (as is the case with other devices like WD TV) so yes short answer it does require static routing

Nope .... I think we wont, I dont know how OTA works but the way we are using our devices, I dont think we will get any update here in India ...

Friends ... I got the Roku OS 7 update ..... not any major cosmetic changes but I believe netflix is loading even faster

Now that Netflix has started India streaming, is all that router and roku resetting still required? And can I use Hola vpn which is free or do I need other paid service. Once my roku is reset, will I still need the router on the usa server?

I believe Roku should work without static routing, since Netflix is not blocked anymore the hardcoded google DNS in Roku should be able to open Netflix India. But without DNS switching you only will be able to view India Netflix, and no other region will be available. Since Netflix India is charging same amount, and there is no speed or loading difference, I will recommend sticking to DNS way of accessing Netflix. All you pay extra is 100-150 Bucks and you get to watch all regions Netflix and other video services as well like Hulu, Amazon Prime, Crackle, VUDU etc..

I believe Roku should work without static routing, since Netflix is not blocked anymore the hardcoded google DNS in Roku should be able to open Netflix India. But without DNS switching you only will be able to view India Netflix, and no other region will be available. Since Netflix India is charging same amount, and there is no speed or loading difference, I will recommend sticking to DNS way of accessing Netflix. All you pay extra is 100-150 Bucks and you get to watch all regions Netflix and other video services as well like Hulu, Amazon Prime, Crackle, VUDU etc..

Hi! Are you able to watch Netflix USA through Roku 3 now. It appears that Netflix USA has blocked majority of the VPN service providers. If there is any solution please guide us. Thanks

Yes ..initially it was a problem, but then later was resolved, atleast for smartproxyDNS ... I am able to view US Netflix on Roku 3......VPN should be working too.

@Sam, I managed to get my roku3 going after subscribing to Unlocator for a 7 day trial period. However I am not able to get the Roku app either on android or on iPhone. Can you please tell me how you managed to get it.

Can you also suggest some nice channels for free movies which don't need vpn/dns.

YOu would not get Roku app from google store, install another market called Aptoide (Aptoide - Android Apps Store) and then search roku app there and install ....
and I have no idea about iPhone.

I have shared a list of free channels in this very thread. You just need to search it again ..:)

Apple store has Roku app.. I have installed it on my iPhone 6S..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple store has Roku app.. I have installed it on my iPhone 6S..

Can't get it either on iTunes or App Store. But managed to get it with Sam's instructions, on the android phone so for now am good.

Hey I got the Roku 4. what are you doing about the adaptor ? this has a 120V input . are you getting another one or using a transformer ?

You need 120 to 240 v adapter, I am doing the same ......

Can't get it either on iTunes or App Store. But managed to get it with Sam's instructions, on the android phone so for now am good.

You might need US ID for Apple store.. I have same one & Roku is available on US Apple store.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back