rythmik fv 15hp - big boy-black beauty

karthi1000

Hi folks the long wait is over to get my hands on rythmik fv15hp..
thanks to ashish avenue sound who make this happen and also denom who gave the information and fellow user sowhatxyz.. I am in mood to add another sub to my ht setup for the past 6 months.. after gaining some knowledge ( i think so):lol:about servo sub i think i can go for rythmik and ordered through avenue sound ... 3 months after i ordered then came the tracking number
i have been tracking the courier from mumbai to trichy eagerly .On tuesday I find that rythmik sub arrived at my city hub.. I heard that it was 110 lbs equals to 50 kg so i went with my assistant to pick that from the couriour hub ,,,,not able to wait to deliver it to my home., To my surprise the package is sooooo big two fellows cant lift nor it can be transported in innova with back seat folded , so i left it there to deliver via their lorry . Back at home I managed four personns ready to lift the package to my room upstairs. After two hours the courior lorry came and they kept the parcel in the door steps and they are in real hurry to get my sign and vanish;) but i told them don't panic its enough to keep it at the doorstep itself I will managae to lift it to my upstairs room ,, then only they became calm:eek:hyeah: finally we manage to lift the parcel to my room
then with the help of two i unpack it and then connected to my setup
zyhv8z.jpg

you can see the pics its like a mini floor stander next to my B&W 683.

2yzlqa1.jpg

33a44yf.jpg

i am using line in input no peq , volume 50% ,cut of frequeny at avr 100hz all other spks 80 hz one port in rythmik.... After initial calibrations i measured the output
oh my god for so many years i am living without 15-22 hz
bass is tight i can feel the air movement
i am already using velodyne spl 1200., Adding rythmik eases out velodyne . the room fills with subsonic energy easily.. Velodyne alone cant reach that 80 db at 15 hz but the brutal combination produces the effect i like.
The real beauty is 15-18 hz boost up u can see that from the graphs . first one velodyne alone second velodyne plus rythmik :clapping:
:
i3gaav.jpg

there is 80 db at 15 hz unbelivable out put
i was in dilemma to combine ported with sealed sub that too with different companies , but now i am happy and i will definitively recommend this sub who wants tight chest pounding subsonic energy

here is a pict of size comparison
fatttu.jpg

PARDON ME if anything wrong in this post , since i am not an expert:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on getting the monster. Enjoy!

BTW how did you measure?
As per Data-Bass site it can hit 98.5 db at 12.5 hz in single port operation, which is much higher than what you measured with both the subs. It must be certainly above 100 db at 15hz.

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

Congratulations on getting the monster. Enjoy!

BTW how did you measure?
As per Data-Bass site it can hit 98.5 db at 12.5 hz in single port operation, which is much higher than what you measured with both the subs. It must be certainly above 100 db at 15hz.

i am using anthem arc to see the final corrected level which is 79 db for all channels .... actual individual mesurement may be high... arc s lower limitation is 15hz so i cant say what is happening below 15 hz ;;;; i will post the results using REW with umik mic soon

Karthi,

It's a nice looking frequency response, with only one null around 66 Hz. See if you can get rid of it by placing the sub in another location.

REW also has the RTA function, make use of it to find the location that gives smoothest response. You already have it very good, but if that single null is taken care of by placement, you are golden. Congratulations.

The FR is fairly smooth but it is not balanced throughout. I can see a range of 55 db to 100 db. You need to match the sub's volume with the rest of the speakers.

Santy,

The spread upto 100 Hz is between 75 to 100 db, that too at listening position of 11 ft. Without any room treatment (I assume), its quite impressive. The output drops beyond 100 hz, which is expected anyway. Offcourse, lesser variation is preferred but he can play with placement and that may change the outcome.

Yes Manoj, there are also no major peaks seem in the boom frequencies which is impressive for an untreated room, and that is good. From the graph, it was clear that subs are over powering other frequencies so it can be tamed down a bit so as to have a flatter response.

The Sine sweep figures are very good. What do you personally feel about this subs performance. I know that this sub can sing very loud below 30hz, but I have heard some say that Mid and Low-Mid bass are not its strongest areas. Of course we know that this sub can pressurize the room easily but can you clarify if this sub can produce the Chest-thimping-Bass?
One more thing to trouble you with. Today, I visited the Avenue sound website and found that he has set the Price for this sub at Rs.120000. So, will he provide further discount from this 120k when we finalise the product?

Great Price, Great sub. Congrats!

The Sine sweep figures are very good. What do you personally feel about this subs performance. I know that this sub can sing very loud below 30hz, but I have heard some say that Mid and Low-Mid bass are not its strongest areas. Of course we know that this sub can pressurize the room easily but can you clarify if this sub can produce the Chest-thimping-Bass?
One more thing to trouble you with. Today, I visited the Avenue sound website and found that he has set the Price for this sub at Rs.120000. So, will he provide further discount from this 120k when we finalise the product?

Great Price, Great sub. Congrats!

i am using this sub primarily for ht , i do play some stereo music and i will upadate once burn-in period is over . music videos in dts hdma playing with nice tight bass , no issues .... u r most welcome for audition.:) Regarding price kindly contact ashsish of avenue sound such a nice person to deal with.

which one is the another sub in this pic?

Smaller one is VELODYNE SPL1200 (left side )

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back