sam9s Home Theater - Civil Construction - PHASE II

Now that you have mentioned, I noticed that I did not put any seating images, nor anyone pointed :) ..... so here 3 pics of how the seating looks

There is one recliner in the centre and 2 sofa cum bed on each side. Usually the sofa cum bed is opened but for the pic sake I have had it closed ....

1zbtgsl.jpg

n19g.jpg

2cgk842.jpg

Awesome :clapping:

Looks very nice :)

One more thing ...is that a texture paint on the wall ???

:D

Now that you for howor ve mentioned, I noticed that I did not put any seating images, nor anyone pointed :) ..... so here 3 pics of how the seating looks

There is one recliner in the centre and 2 sofa cum bed on each side. Usually the sofa cum bed is opened but for the pic sake I have had it closed ....

1zbtgsl.jpg

n19g.jpg

2cgk842.jpg

Can please share from where and for how much you sourced the seating ? Also is the recliner electric / manual... If so why?

Recliner is manual, lever operated, rest sofa cum bed were made by order from a local shop in ghaziabad only. Recliner I bought from Home Town for 20K and sofa cum bed 6K each.

Hi Sam,
Read each post in this thread in last one hours...very informative.

However, for some new members like me >> I am not able to see any pics here. Would request you to share it again, if possible. Or you can email me at [email protected] as well (if you don't mind).

I am also in processing for looking some projectors (shortlisted Benq 1070) & am sure my first movie will also be "Black Hawk Down" :)
I also stay in Sec-62 Noida & would love to visit your place to see the entire setup & take some valuable tips from you [if you don't mind ... again ;)]

^^ Yea its a long story ...... very unfortunate :(.....thanks for reference though.....:)

Last edited:
Yea Yea everything is ok, nothing to worry as such, just few unforeseen circumstances. I was trying to avoid for long, but finally decided to go for it. I will have my HT anyhow, just that it would be much smaller, with a 40-42" TV and an HTiB in all probability.......

I will also go for separate stereo setup this time.

Hi guys,

Got my HTib setup with Projector. I am using YHT 299 with Optoma HD 141-x. Sam, which settings are you running on your Projector? In my case, The movies have a washed out effect. I have not done any acoustics or any other thing. There was a empty living room in my home and I just mounted all the components in place. the ceiling, walls are cement plastered and painted. Ceiling is white while walls have yellowish-cream color. Floor has tiles. Also I have not yet ceiling mounted the projector yet. I have constructed a DIY wall shelf (wooden) and have put the projector inverted on it. I had to adjust the vertical keystone to 5. Also, there is a bright shadow area outside of the screen, let me explain the movie fills the screen but there is a visible bright rectangular shadow visible outside of screen, it is more prominent in dark scenes. any ideas on that?

Hi guys,

Got my HTib setup with Projector. I am using YHT 299 with Optoma HD 141-x. Sam, which settings are you running on your Projector? In my case, The movies have a washed out effect. I have not done any acoustics or any other thing. There was a empty living room in my home and I just mounted all the components in place. the ceiling, walls are cement plastered and painted. Ceiling is white while walls have yellowish-cream color. Floor has tiles. Also I have not yet ceiling mounted the projector yet. I have constructed a DIY wall shelf (wooden) and have put the projector inverted on it. I had to adjust the vertical keystone to 5. Also, there is a bright shadow area outside of the screen, let me explain the movie fills the screen but there is a visible bright rectangular shadow visible outside of screen, it is more prominent in dark scenes. any ideas on that?

There is a separate thread on optoma which can help you with the settings. Sam9 has an Epson.

A photograph would better explain the problem of the shadow.

Yellow cream walls may be a big reason for the washed out colours, the other being settings of the projector. Try with a white cloth, and check out how it looks.

Hi guys,

Hi abhi, as sud said, a thread on Optoma will be a better place to post your question as people with the same projector will be in a better position to ans your query. I have EPSON so can not address this concern ...

. Also, there is a bright shadow area outside of the screen, let me explain the movie fills the screen but there is a visible bright rectangular shadow visible outside of screen, it is more prominent in dark scenes. any ideas on that?

I think i got your problem. I too have same projector. It happens when you try to digital zoom-out, other than using the zoom knob on the top.

I too need to verify with others if i can eliminate that shade area..

@sam9s, @cmarella :

Sorry guys, late to reply, @cmarella: the zoom is set to 0 as of now. Not hijacking this thread, I think I will ask the same on Optoma thread. :)

@sam9s, @cmarella :

Sorry guys, late to reply, @cmarella: the zoom is set to 0 as of now. Not hijacking this thread, I think I will ask the same on Optoma thread. :)

This is very common problem of Full Range and Limited Range Colour Space issue.
What is the source ? Source is maybe giving Limited Range colour space and Projector is set to Full Range or vice versa.

Yea Yea everything is ok, nothing to worry as such, just few unforeseen circumstances. I was trying to avoid for long, but finally decided to go for it. I will have my HT anyhow, just that it would be much smaller, with a 40-42" TV and an HTiB in all probability.......

I will also go for separate stereo setup this time.

Quoting myself, just to update that shifting has been canceled for now, so my HT stays with me ...yeaaaaahhhyyooo :yahoo::yahoo: . I went in to depression for the same:eek:hyeah: , so the good new is I and my HT both are staying in this very flat ....... will update if any new advancement/addition is there in my HT

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back