sam9s Home Theater - Civil Construction - PHASE II

@sam9s- Super build.. read it all through in one go! I was an old timer to HFV and then dropped out for sometime.. now catching up!
Our dreams of a HT match. i started dreaming of a big screen HT from pana PT-AE800 times :) (2004 on)
My house coming up next year- converting the guest room to a dedicated HT. Will bank on you advise and experiences.

Quick q: how is your false roof behaving.. is it still white or did you put velvet/dark paint on it? how is the reflections.. can you please share a pic of your roof when your projector is on?
warm regards..
and congrats again- ultimately- only those who dream and dare achieve their dreams!

@sam9s- Super build.. read it all through in one go! I was an old timer to HFV and then dropped out for sometime.. now catching up!
Our dreams of a HT match. i started dreaming of a big screen HT from pana PT-AE800 times :) (2004 on)
My house coming up next year- converting the guest room to a dedicated HT. Will bank on you advise and experiences.

Quick q: how is your false roof behaving.. is it still white or did you put velvet/dark paint on it? how is the reflections.. can you please share a pic of your roof when your projector is on?
warm regards..
and congrats again- ultimately- only those who dream and dare achieve their dreams!

Thanks so much for the kind words ,.... reflections never was a problem for me, there there are reflection, but the image is so bright that the whole room lits to an extent, so reflection on the roof relatively means nothing.

Though I would bring this in to notice there is a door at the left of my screen, where I was suppose to put curtain, which I will do eventually, that door gives a reflection which I can say is something I do nto like and once I have the curtain, it should take care of that. below are few images of the screen.

ruu03n.jpg

2e1gkeq.jpg

Thanks Sam!

Btw, on your photographs, Just wanted to know if those texts on top of the screen (dts/bd res etc) are intentional. is there anything which you can do to take off the text at the top and bottom of the screen? That will probably bring you an immersive feeling.

Mine is a Denon x-3000 and i dont see those texts on screen (top of screen). U

Thanks Sam!

Btw, on your photographs, Just wanted to know if those texts on top of the screen (dts/bd res etc) are intentional. is there anything which you can do to take off the text at the top and bottom of the screen? That will probably bring you an immersive feeling.

Mine is a Denon x-3000 and i dont see those texts on screen (top of screen). U

Thats XBMC, when you pause a movie it gives that information, when you play it back nothing is there on the screen except the movie .. :)

Here a video I prepared back, will give you that "immersive" feeling ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BIZTDGJ5M

Last edited:
Bro, Sorry for the offtopic.

But I really being so paranoid on this.
I would like to build an HT within 1.5L.
Usage would be like music more than 50%...

Will i get the same quality like Hifi system on an AVR in stereo mode ?
Should i have to compromise that much Audio quality when i listen through an AVR in 2Ch mode ?

@sam

let me know about screening, i see its a custom built,
can u please give some idea what type of cloth and framing u used,
pls elobrate
also, did u look for an option to paint wall white?

thnx

Bro, Sorry for the offtopic.

But I really being so paranoid on this.
I would like to build an HT within 1.5L.
Usage would be like music more than 50%...

Will i get the same quality like Hifi system on an AVR in stereo mode ?
Should i have to compromise that much Audio quality when i listen through an AVR in 2Ch mode ?

If its like mostly for music I would not go for AVR rather dedicated stereo amp and purchase a 40-50 inch TV for the movies, so that AVR is not needed.

Music quality definitely differs when listened through a stereo amp or an AVR. Also depends how high quality your speakers are. Higher the speaker quality greater the different between them connected to AVR or Stereo receiver.

My priority was movies so I did with AVR running in 2 Ch pure audio mode, plus my speakers are more movie driven then music (Polk Tsi 300) so there was no point for me to purchase a stereo amp. In future I might purchase better floorstands, thats when I will also go for a stereo amp.

@sam

let me know about screening, i see its a custom built,
can u please give some idea what type of cloth and framing u used,
pls elobrate
also, did u look for an option to paint wall white?

thnx

cloth is the usual what is used in most of the screens. I have shared the details of where I purchased the cloth from in delhi, in the previous pages. Frame I got it made through my local carpenter, explained him exactly what I wanted. Check out the demo video link I shared with an FM in previous few post.

and no I never looks for a paint wall whit option, that is not what I wanted to do.

Thanks so much for the kind words ,.... reflections never was a problem for me, there there are reflection, but the image is so bright that the whole room lits to an extent, so reflection on the roof relatively means nothing.

Though I would bring this in to notice there is a door at the left of my screen, where I was suppose to put curtain, which I will do eventually, that door gives a reflection which I can say is something I do nto like and once I have the curtain, it should take care of that. below are few images of the screen.
I would urge others who are at the build stage to not put anything reflective, least of all the ceiling. It matters a lot actually - perceived contrast and black levels improved dramatically for me after i painted my ceiling in dark blue. The problem is that light is reflected off the screen and it bounces back from ceiling/walls creating a sort of washed out image - it is really apparent when you do the before/after comparison. Otherwise the big screen exp is so overwhelming that it looks great nevertheless.
I'm now planning to hang curtains on the side walls (light colored walls). I will do that or put up thermocol wrapped with black fabric and stuck to the wall using double sided tape. I'm trying to avoid drilling in the room - such a pain with all the equipment around.
I cannot paint the walls in dark because i have huge fiberglass panels on the side walls that are screwed on - i don't want to pull them out and screw them back in.

Amazing thread :clapping:

Couple of quick inputs needed.

Can you please put down the configuration of your HTPC that you are using as the primary player ?
Are you running XBMC on Windows or Linux ?
I also heard that XBMC does not support 3D pass through / processing , wanted to confirm this.

Thanks
Fillmore.

Amazing thread :clapping:

Couple of quick inputs needed.

Can you please put down the configuration of your HTPC that you are using as the primary player ?
Are you running XBMC on Windows or Linux ?
I also heard that XBMC does not support 3D pass through / processing , wanted to confirm this.

Thanks
Fillmore.

My HTPC ....

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-pc-htpc-media-pc/18571-sam9s-htpc-project-powered-xbmc.html

Yes I am using XBMC, linux based OpenELEC. and XBMC does 3D, though only SBS and TB supported for now. Next versions will support 3D ISO (Frame Sequential)

My HTPC ....

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-pc-htpc-media-pc/18571-sam9s-htpc-project-powered-xbmc.html

Yes I am using XBMC, linux based OpenELEC. and XBMC does 3D, though only SBS and TB supported for now. Next versions will support 3D ISO (Frame Sequential)
Sam.
Thnx for the info man,

I talked to the screen guy from where u got urs
He quoted me 6k.with shipping to lko for a size.of 8x10

But there are some dealers here in my city, i talked some and one of them offer me same price,
So i gave him.advance as it s much convenient for me that i dont bother about shipping and all

Btw this guy showed me a cloth that had a joint in middle costed around 3.5k

But i was little doubtful that it might be problem when viewing, though he ready to give a demo

But then had to spend onetime only, so went straight for the fabric u bought :)

BRAVO :clapping:

Simply Superb ...... Great Work there :)

I loved the way u arranged ur A/V Rack ......... Simply nice and clean .....
Let us see what you got for seating arrangement :)
Is it recliner seats or couch ??

Cheers,
Aditya

BRAVO :clapping:

Simply Superb ...... Great Work there :)

I loved the way u arranged ur A/V Rack ......... Simply nice and clean .....
Let us see what you got for seating arrangement :)
Is it recliner seats or couch ??

Cheers,
Aditya

Now that you have mentioned, I noticed that I did not put any seating images, nor anyone pointed :) ..... so here 3 pics of how the seating looks

There is one recliner in the centre and 2 sofa cum bed on each side. Usually the sofa cum bed is opened but for the pic sake I have had it closed ....

1zbtgsl.jpg

n19g.jpg

2cgk842.jpg

Now that you have mentioned, I noticed that I did not put any seating images, nor anyone pointed :) ..... so here 3 pics of how the seating looks

There is one recliner in the centre and 2 sofa cum bed on each side. Usually the sofa cum bed is opened but for the pic sake I have had it closed ....
2cgk842.jpg

Sofa cum bed is very handy :clapping:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back