sam9s Home Theater - Civil Construction - PHASE II

Hi Sam, Nice to know abt the screen reached you... Let us know if they send you any spec for the screen. I mean gain and any other details...
Also you view on the screen material...

Sam - are you getting the frame made locally by your carpenter or getting it from somewhere?
Regarding mounting the projector i suggest not mounting it on tiles. Mount it on the ceiling or the back wall. I mounted it on the back wall because i was not very comfortable with the idea of drilling my ceiling (all concrete no brick).
You can also consider placing it on a high back shelf (but then you might need vertical lens shift if you want to do this).
It is my experience that any loose structures will vibrate when LFE is being unleashed by a good sub. In my case, i had to work on windows, doors and pretty much everything that was loose in the room because they vibrated uncontrollably under the assault of the sub - so be warned :)

Sam - are you getting the frame made locally by your carpenter or getting it from somewhere?
Regarding mounting the projector i suggest not mounting it on tiles. Mount it on the ceiling or the back wall. I mounted it on the back wall because i was not very comfortable with the idea of drilling my ceiling (all concrete no brick).
You can also consider placing it on a high back shelf (but then you might need vertical lens shift if you want to do this).
It is my experience that any loose structures will vibrate when LFE is being unleashed by a good sub. In my case, i had to work on windows, doors and pretty much everything that was loose in the room because they vibrated uncontrollably under the assault of the sub - so be warned :)

Yes I got the frame made by a carpenter locally, but I was standing along with him in the entire process, explaining him how it needs to be done.

The projector had to be mounted on tile as I do not have a conventional roof, I have cement sheets if you remember and they are place at an angle, for the rain water to slide n drop and not accumulate on it ... hence the mount could not have been installed on it.

The trick I did was to have an 8mm ply cut exactly to the size of tile and place exactly above it and mount the stand with this....... this gave the entire frame a very strong hold ......

As for LFE, there are no loose structures, no windows. And for the doors I specifically got them made pretty heavy. The only thing I was a bit skeptical was the false ceiling and glass door of my rack .... but even they did not budge ... even though my rec was shaking like earth quack when I pumped the LFE db to +1 .. :)

Screen Material ....:: See I am not an expert but AFAI can tell, the screen material is top quality with the look and feel it gave me, plus I was much more than happy of the image quality I got, so no complaints. The gain value is 1.2 for this screen

Your endeavor sure gives some hope to the rest of us who plan to do this down the line. Kickass setup Sam. Hope you enjoy every minute of your movie watching experience. If possible can you summarize your equipment list here with approx costs? i.e. speakers/sub/AVR/screen/projector, etc.

Edit - Just noticed that you have the equipment list on the first post but without costs. Do you mind sharing the costs? If not, can you PM please? I am more interested in costs of projector/screen/framing.

Last edited:
Hello,

I love this thread. I have embarked on a similar project. Though i have had the room from before, which now i am converting into a home theatre room. I am sort of of a noob, but you have really helped me :)

i have just also posted a new thread, would really appreciate if you could look at my config, with the amount of research you have done, it would be very valuable feedback.
Congratulations again!

^^ I guess you missed previous pages check page 16 ........:)

Last edited:
^^ I guess you missed previous pages check page 16 ........:)

Ok. Thank you.. really I missed.. Thats a great picture quality.. Congrats.. btw how you have placed the screen to the wall ? any special hook?? Height of the screen top from ceiling and screen bottom from the floor?

where you have placed the sub?

Rgds,
Samrat

Hi Sam,

I was a silent follower of your post and I must say you have meticulously planned your HET. It looks wonderful. The Screen, Lights, the equipments and acoustics. This could be one of the reference guide for anyone who wants to set up such dedicated entertainment system. It looks so tempting that given a chance I might buy a ticket to watch a show there.

Hats off to you and supporting FMs. Once again congratulations on your marvelous set up. It will definitely serve and please you for long long time.

Cheers, Vinay

I fully concur with Vinay, Sam has always been a person who spreads his knowledge about what/when/how he does and also actively responds back to fellow FMs queries. I have got inspired from his HTPC build and immediately built mine and I believe the same happened with the Unraid NAS built and hopefully somebody would get inspired with his HT room build. I cannot have the luxury with a dedicated HT but as and when I get a chance to do that then definitely this thread will be a reference point to start with :clapping:

Ok. Thank you.. really I missed.. Thats a great picture quality.. Congrats.. btw how you have placed the screen to the wall ? any special hook?? Height of the screen top from ceiling and screen bottom from the floor?

where you have placed the sub?

Rgds,
Samrat

No special hooks, the carpenter that made the frame also placed those hooks.
Height from top, from the floor all is calculated via Epson screen calculator (google it), I think I have shared the link as well somewhere at the back...

Sub is on middle right hand side of the room.

I fully concur with Vinay, Sam has always been a person who spreads his knowledge about what/when/how he does and also actively responds back to fellow FMs queries. I have got inspired from his HTPC build and immediately built mine and I believe the same happened with the Unraid NAS built and hopefully somebody would get inspired with his HT room build. I cannot have the luxury with a dedicated HT but as and when I get a chance to do that then definitely this thread will be a reference point to start with :clapping:

Thanks manniraj, such kind words, really mean a lot. :). Its been a pleasure spending time at hifi vision with people like you and others who believe in sharing and caring ..... :) Thanks again for such kind words ... :)

Hi Sam,

I was a silent follower of your post and I must say you have meticulously planned your HET. It looks wonderful. The Screen, Lights, the equipments and acoustics. This could be one of the reference guide for anyone who wants to set up such dedicated entertainment system. It looks so tempting that given a chance I might buy a ticket to watch a show there.

YOu are always welcome Vinay anytime you visit Ghaziabad you should come and we can have a movie together over a beer ... :D

Great set up! Congrats!!

I know the feeling you'll have, in the coming months of pure excitement and joy, every time you enter this room!

I built mine about 2 years ago. I am away from it for last 6 months and missing it terribly!

YOu are always welcome Vinay anytime you visit Ghaziabad you should come and we can have a movie together over a beer ... :D

Thank you for your generous offer Sam :licklips: . I will certainly stop by to experience your exquisite HET.

R, Vinay

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back