Samsung 2012 PS43E470 review - The budget performer.

I will be purchasing after 3-4 months time . But it's better to do analysis before the purchase. So that's why i'm doing it.

Cool, I was originally planning to buy last week but now I think, whats the hurry. Better to see all the 2012 models before I make up my mind. If I buy the older model then those prices will hopefully be lowered and if I decide to buy the 2012 models then I get latest technology for my price. So I am in wait and watch mode for now.

I will be purchasing after 3-4 months time . But it's better to do analysis before the purchase. So that's why i'm doing it.

I am also in similar analysis/study phase and will take few months time for the purchase. Wanted to upgrade my 29" LG Flatron and seriously considering Plasma as suggested by many experts here.
Please post the bangalore stores and prices once you check out..

Thanks,
Sunil

I went to Mantri Mall in Bangalore and they have a Samsung franchise.

The 43e470 was not on display but e490 was which I demoed. I can confirm this plays mkv. The selling price of this tv is 46k and the selling price of 43e470 was 39200.

51e550 was 74k change. These are not the display prices which were higher, I glanced at the catlog prices that were listed on a sheet of paper.

I went to Mantri Mall in Bangalore and they have a Samsung franchise.

The 43e470 was not on display but e490 was which I demoed. I can confirm this plays mkv. The selling price of this tv is 46k and the selling price of 43e470 was 39200.

51e550 was 74k change. These are not the display prices which were higher, I glanced at the catlog prices that were listed on a sheet of paper.

But will they take the order for the purchase of 43e470. By the way, which tv you have made up your mind for purchase.

Last edited:
But will they take the order for the purchase of 43e470. By the way, which tv you have made up your mind for purchase.

Yes they are taking orders for 43E470. The salesman told me that they do not have enough space to display all the TVs. I watched 3D content in MKV format on the e490 via USB and it worked perfect. The salesman said E470 also plays MKV and MP4.

I purchased 43E470 after the 43E490 demo because essentially the piece is very similar except for the 3d and allshare option. I did not opt for 3d because I have bought this for my parents and 3d is overkill for them. Also my children are likely to monopolize the TV if it is 3D.

At the time of buying I asked again if it is in stock and he said I could take it with me in the car if I liked. I declined. He said it will be delivered next day afternoon. I guess I will come to know in a day or two if that is not the case.

Finance options are available. I paid 13068 down payment and 3267 x 8 EMI with no processing charges from Bajaj Finance.

Yes they are taking orders for 43E470. The salesman told me that they do not have enough space to display all the TVs. I watched 3D content in MKV format on the e490 via USB and it worked perfect. The salesman said E470 also plays MKV and MP4.

I purchased 43E470 after the 43E490 demo because essentially the piece is very similar except for the 3d and allshare option. I did not opt for 3d because I have bought this for my parents and 3d is overkill for them. Also my children are likely to monopolize the TV if it is 3D.

At the time of buying I asked again if it is in stock and he said I could take it with me in the car if I liked. I declined. He said it will be delivered next day afternoon. I guess I will come to know in a day or two if that is not the case.

Finance options are available. I paid 13068 down payment and 3267 x 8 EMI with no processing charges from Bajaj Finance.

Congrats, on your purchase of 43e470. Do post pictures of the tv after it gets installed

No, I made an inquiry about it and they don't cater to extended warranty.

Hi Guys,

In Samsung don't worry regarding warranty bcoz if you face any serious issue with samsung product they will provide you the refund with in 27 days claim process.

Guys, one thing i wanna tell you is that this TV (PS43E470) does not supports USB HDD's. The salesperson fooled me out. I read this in the User Manual downloaded from Samsung India website. Do check before you buy.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

HI Tigerstyle,

The earlier 43D490 model support USB HDD. I have checked with my WD320GB & WD500GB USB HDD.

Guys, one thing i wanna tell you is that this TV (PS43E470) does not supports USB HDD's. The salesperson fooled me out. I read this in the User Manual downloaded from Samsung India website. Do check before you buy.

I havent tried with a USB HDD but with a FAT32 Pen drive. I played MKV, MP4 and AVI successfully.

please post pictures of the tv showing sd channel.Thanking you in advance

I have uploaded a couple of pictures here using my iPhone camera.

The OP had already posted detailed and HQ pictures of the TV so I did not. The only item missing was the table stand (since he had wall mounted and I did not). I have included a close up of the table stand as well.

@Tigerstyle,

I wanted to ask if you are using a stabilizer with this TV and if yes which one.

I am a bit confused because I don't know if I should buy one.

Thanks

@Tigerstyle,

I wanted to ask if you are using a stabilizer with this TV and if yes which one.

I am a bit confused because I don't know if I should buy one.

Thanks

Naah! This TV has inbuilt voltage protection so i don't need it. Rest depends on you but i don't think it needs one.

I havent tried with a USB HDD but with a FAT32 Pen drive. I played MKV, MP4 and AVI successfully.

Yeah! It can play through USB but it was unable to detect my WD 1TB HDD. Its an NTFS drive though.

HI Tigerstyle,

The earlier 43D490 model support USB HDD. I have checked with my WD320GB & WD500GB USB HDD.

Yeah bro i know it . I also demoed this TV a way back. The newer model PS43E490 also supports all USB HDD's but E470 doesn't seems to support them. :(

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back