Samsung 2012 PS43E470 review - The budget performer.

Okay, it plays almost every format from the USB. It connected my memory card (32 gigs), a pendrive (16 gigs) and it played everything i threw at it, even the .flv files downloaded from youtube.
PS- My pendrive has NTFS file system. But i dunno why it doesn't detects my WD 1TB HDD.

Okay, it plays almost every format from the USB. It connected my memory card (32 gigs), a pendrive (16 gigs) and it played everything i threw at it, even the .flv files downloaded from youtube.
PS- My pendrive has NTFS file system. But i dunno why it doesn't detects my WD 1TB HDD.

Have you tried with 1TB HDD of other brand.
n tell me other any -ve thing you found. How its black level, color accuracy, screen reflection, etc. Are you happy with this TV. I am outside these day n I am suppose to buy a TV next month.

"This video contains content from Multi Screen Media, who has blocked it on copyright grounds." this is the message coming .Please upload in some other server.

Shit! They blocked it again. I will upload again in the evening.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Can someone please tell me how to check the used hours on the e470?? I bought this tv and got it installed today.I accessed the service menu but cannot find the usage hours option!! anyone help??

Hey guys,After months of pondering over which tv to get i recently purchased the 43E470 for 40k after exchange of my old crt tv.The tv is great in HD as expected but is quite good too when it comes to SD channels.The SD channel quality is good if not better than my old crt tv and much better than the similar or slightly more expensive lcd/led tvs.This was the main reason i chose a Plasma over the lcd equivalents.My minimum viewing distance is 6ft.I am not running any slides/break-in material .Just normal tv in (customized) Standard mode and dynamic/movie mode for HD movies,this should be enough for the first 100hrs and then i might crank up the contrast and brightness after this period.

Reflections a slight issue:sad:, but i am able to control it to some extent with thick curtains and less lighting:D.Dont get this tv or any Plasma tv without proper AR filters if you love watching in bright/sunny conditions.
Will post pics by tomorrow evening...

Thanks to Blasto,adder etc for helping lost souls like me find "HEAVEN":eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
I am a bit disappointed with the audio performance of this TV when watching video rips in mp4 and mkv.

I have the old style CRT and divx player in my bedroom and the audio is just fine.

Since this is my first flat TV I have little by way of benchmarking. Is the audio quality normal?

I am a bit disappointed with the audio performance of this TV when watching video rips in mp4 and mkv.

I have the old style CRT and divx player in my bedroom and the audio is just fine.

Since this is my first flat TV I have little by way of benchmarking. Is the audio quality normal?

Yes the speakers in this tv is not quite up to the mark! but this is the case with most slim tvs(Lcd/led/plasma).These tvs contain small speakers(10 to 40 watts peak RMS), in very confined space so you wont get the same sound as compared to a CRT tv! Also some video rips have poor audio quality(too soft) so it may not be the tvs fault! If you find the sound too low get a home theater or a simple stereo set up, will be much better than those small tv speakers!

Is PS43E470 model available in bangalore. I am keen on buying a plasma tv

Yup. its available. I just saw it today. I loved it. Came over here to check out the reviews as i am really concerned about a few things regarding plasmas--

1. The panel really heats up (true to all plasmas in the store on display).. is this ok?
2. Power consumption?? the store guy told me its more than a normal CRT tv. is this true?
3. Its not full HD, how much of a difference does it make?
4. Burn in!-- is it still a problem?

P.S- its available for 38k here and the guy is throwing in a free panasonic DVD player with it. :)

Although I am also eyeing my 1st Plasma (was thinking of 46" LED earlier) but based on my understanding so far :

Yup. its available. I just saw it today. I loved it. Came over here to check out the reviews as i am really concerned about a few things regarding plasmas--

1. The panel really heats up (true to all plasmas in the store on display).. is this ok? - Some heating is there if you are close to unit, not too much else these TVs would not have been sold for so long.
2. Power consumption?? the store guy told me its more than a normal CRT tv. is this true? Yes - LED/LCD also consume less power. Though modern day plasmas do not eat too much into your bills but difference but would be there.
3. Its not full HD, how much of a difference does it make? For 43", some difference but not as much as you would feel in 50". Anyways it will take sometime for Full HD channels to come in as well. However to be future ready, if you can afford it, go for full HD. No big deal.
4. Burn in!-- is it still a problem? I would rather say, Burn-in cannot be ruled out hence use the TV more judicially especially in initial days. Read this forum for more about it...

P.S- its available for 38k here and the guy is throwing in a free panasonic DVD player with it. :)

R

Hey Guys
I went last evening to buy the P43E470. Some issues---

1. The same salesman who had just a few days back demoed it with great gusto did a full 180 and told me not to buy it. He almost looked heart broken when i said i have decided.

2. Had taken a 1TB drive with HD movies and diff formats to check on the USB. Well... it did not even recognise the HDD.

3. So the salesman plonks in his 8GB thumbdrive... if fails to recognise that even.

4. Then he tries a 4GB thumbdrive and finally it recognises the external disk. But even then, it recognised only the .mkv format file in.

Has anyone else seen this or experienced this problem? Does the e470 have a problem with the USB??

The next in line is the LG Pa4250. I put it side by side with the e470. The LG screen is definitely brighter (almost LCD like) but the picture detail is far superior in the samsung. The colours are more vivid in the LG but the Samsung seems more natural.
The LG is 6k more expensive. but reads anything u can plonk into the USB drive. It read all the above drives with ease.

I really like the Samsung but i wont pick it up if it has USB drive issues. What do you guys think? Anyone owning this model here? Please enlighten. Thanks.

Hi Guys
I finally went and bought the LG pa4520.
Just one day down, so hardly anything to share in terms of feedback/review... but the picture quality is amazing. A friend who has a 40inch Sony bravia came over and was sure the pic quality is better on the plasma. :)

More when i experience it fully.

cheers

Hi Guys
Just one day down, so hardly anything to share in terms of feedback/review... but the picture quality is amazing. A friend who has a 40inch Sony bravia came over and was sure the pic quality is better on the plasma. :)

cheers

Congratulations! How about some pics please :)

Hi Guys

cheers

GR8 to see someone finally buy an LG Plasma.. have seen 42PA4520 and it looked good... didnt find it different from another Full HD model from 8-10 ft.

Have also seen couple of more LG models 50PA6500 & Pentouch - found them decent as well. Congrats again...:clapping:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back