Samsung 32C630 or LG 32LD550 OR LGLH60YR or Sony 32EX500

Sunil_Neglur

hi Everyone,
This is one of the biggest confusion i ever had while selecting the Tv.I have a Sony trinitron CRT TV and plan to exchange it to enter the world of LCD LED.I am not sure if i should go for LCD or LED as cost is also a factor. My basic requirement is to have a 32" screen with 100hz having good picture quality and a decent sound quality. I do not want to have very high sound output but the quality of sound should be good.Please guide me i have selected the following lcds Samsung 32C630 or LG 32LD550 OR LGLH60YR or Sony 32EX500 .The company should also have a reasonable after sales. service.In case LED tv are better can you suggest one
Thanks
Sunil Neglur

Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie to this forum and have absolutely no idea about the new technologies so expert on the forum please guide me
Thanks
Sunil

I just got samsung 32c650 and there's only one word for it..awesome!!! I think in my opinion, you shud just go for samsung!!!

LG's features are mindblowing. I am a normal user who watches occasional movie on TV, but its mostly for watching cricket,tennis,news,cartoons etc on cable (have a Set top box and the clarity on my CRT is very good).
I am considering LG 32LD460. The price in bangalore is 33800. Any other users in this forum who own this ?

In that case shell out a few more thousand and get the Jazz Theatre (LH60YR). The PQ even with normal cable is very good and the sound is awesome (no other LCD TV comes close with regard to sound). Since you are into watching sports you might also benefit from the Jazz Theatre's 100Hz TruMotion.

Any idea how Pana X15 is ?. I have seen some good reviews about it, but it does not have USB support and is HD ready. Price wise both LG32LD460 and Pana X15 are same. LGLH60YR is almost 10k more :( so thinking about it twice.

get the samsung C630 or if one is in a budget the C530.
or the sony EX400 and EX500 much cheaper via grey market.

42+ for 32LH60YR is way tooooo much. Dunno about B'lore but it should be available for much less. In Delhi it is available for around 35,000/-. But Bangalore being the big city that it is I am sure there are many other places where you can get it for much less.
You can try asking B'lore forum members to help you out. There are many B'lore forum members here.

P.S: adder is from Bangalore and he seems to be quite knowledgeable. So maybe he can help you out..... though he seems to be more of a Sony(grey market)/Samsung guy.:)

Last edited:
Yeah right 42+ is too much, today went around inquiring about 32LH60YR. It was surprising that most of the showrooms dont have this one as they say its out dated (its a pity that a good model is phased out here), the best quote I got was 38K. All the sales guys are pushing for new LG460/550/650 or Pany X9. My search is getting crazier by the day :mad: . I did look into LG 460,550 & 650 liked all the 3 of them (with airtel connection in showroom). Hmm tough choice guys (never imagined that buying a LCD is so taxing :D). Before I decide not to buy any, I'll go ahead and buy one tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys :)

Thanks adder, shredder. Well today I ran around many showrooms in Bangalore but it seems like LG60YR is an outdated model. It was available in Girias and the best he offered was 39K :mad: (no way close to the delhi price). All the sales men pushed for new models 32LD460,32LD550,32LD650 and Pana X9. Honestly I was impressed with all the 4 models, but really wanted to check LH60YR. I had previously considered 32LH35FR (even this one is outdated). Its a pity good models are not in production anymore. Now I am even more confused so will check out all the above models whichever looks good I will go for it or else I might not buy a LCD at all :D
Prices:
32LD460 - 33,400
32LD550 - 36,800
32LD650 - 38,000
Pany X9 - 27,000
Of all these somehow I was inclined towards 32LD550. Waiting for your suggestions soon and I shall update with the details of my purchase
tomorrow.

Adder looks like you are a lucky guy who gets good deal with grey market :licklips: Burma bazzar/national market is not my cup of tea, but I will start hunting for the best price in bangalore. ;)

Thanks adder, shredder. Well today I ran around many showrooms in Bangalore but it seems like LG60YR is an outdated model. It was available in Girias and the best he offered was 39K :mad: (no way close to the delhi price). All the sales men pushed for new models 32LD460,32LD550,32LD650 and Pana X9. Honestly I was impressed with all the 4 models, but really wanted to check LH60YR. I had previously considered 32LH35FR (even this one is outdated). Its a pity good models are not in production anymore. Now I am even more confused so will check out all the above models whichever looks good I will go for it or else I might not buy a LCD at all :D
Prices:
32LD460 - 33,400
32LD550 - 36,800
32LD650 - 38,000
Pany X9 - 27,000
Of all these somehow I was inclined towards 32LD550. Waiting for your suggestions soon and I shall update with the details of my purchase
tomorrow.

Adder looks like you are a lucky guy who gets good deal with grey market :licklips: Burma bazzar/national market is not my cup of tea, but I will start hunting for the best price in bangalore. ;)

Well i never got great prices,the dealers usualy quote a price higher,since they know that you will ask for a cheaper price.
It the same with other dealers in SP road which is sell computer hardware.The dealer i know most(ankit computers which i am sure many know) quotes the highest and i have ask for a price match.:mad:

Well if you don't want to buy in grey market ,i strongly suggest you consider the samsung C530/C550A its true contrast is atleast 3x more then the LG models and has one of the best image processing out there,definitely better the the LG/panasonic models.

Thanks a ton adder!!..All of your suggestions were really helpful. Will check out today evening and I will have to trust my eyes and instincts and chose a model.
Girias is offering true 0% financing only for today so got to grab it:eek:hyeah:

BTW apart from Ankit, there is a store called Railtion computers on SP road, he is very competitive (only if you are serious about buying stuff from him). Next time check it out (I visit SP road almost twice a month LOL!).

Well guys lemme get hold of a LCD TV soon and will post my comments on the same

Cheers!!

hello guys,
i am from bangalore and im planning to buy samsung la32c630 or la32c530/550 but my budget is fixed for 40k i cant go more than that..i visited samsung plaza at rajajinagar today they told me c630 costs 45k,c530 costs 40k after discount. are there better offers than this ?i see quite a few people here are from b,lore so can u guys help me out? also are the two models above mentioned good or should i go for something other than that.?

hello im from bangalore and i have the same requirement as above and im interested in samsung 32c630 or 32c530 i wanted to know the best price available. i visited samsung plaza in rajajinagar today they quoted 45k for 32c630 and 40 k for 32c530:mad: i think there are better deals out there...my limit is 40 k, any suggestions on a better deal or a better product..?:licklips:

Hi

Could you please let me where you have enquired for the below prices ..

32LD550 - 36,800
32LD650 - 38,000

LG LD550 and above series also comes with a Broadband TV, though i am not sure how it is useful here.

Also Samsung LA32C530 is 39,000 in ezone online.

Thanks

Hi Guys..I had a look at Samsung C530,550 and LG 32LD550 and I decided to go for LG 32LD550. I got a very good deal yesterday as Independence day offer.
Final price of LD550 : 35500 - 1500 (for my old 21" ordinary CRT) + Wireless headset free + 2months Airtel DTH free.
Location : Girias Near Sarakki signal (close to kadrenahalli cross/dayanand sagar college). I found that they give very competitive prices (it was better than Pai's, Unilet, Devis, eZone, Croma & Adishwars). I am not sure if you will get the same price & offers today, but you can check with them.

I dont think broadband TV is useful as of now, the only reason I went for LD550 (over LD460) was because of 100Hz truemotion. I've had horrendous experience with Samsung support very recently so chose LG over it. I booked my TV very late yesterday so I am getting the TV today. I am all excited :eek:hyeah: and will post my updates soon.

Cheers

Hi,
I have finally booked the Samsung C630 for 45k in devi internationals in jaynagar near ashoka pillar and has been promised to get back around 3k for my old Sony Trinitron.I liked the features and great image quality
Thanks
Sunil

Beware if u r planning to buy samsung. i have got one series 5 lcd almost one & half year back for 72000/-.It developed problem within year & i had to repair it under warranty. But within six months TV developed same problem again . This time samsung is asking RS 2000/- jJUAT THAT THEIR MECHANIC WILL VISIT HOME & DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM . MIND YOU JUST VISIT CHARGES NOT REAPAIR CHARGES.REPAIR WILL BE EXTRA. This despite informing them that problem is same as one which was repaired . They are giving only one answer - IF WE ARE COMING TO YOUR HOUSE , YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY. I have never heard such ridiculos charges anywhere. Anyway , go for sony as i can tell u from my experiance. I have got both & sony does have better picture quality.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back