samsung 37" or 40"? on 10K difference

junkmail159

Hi guys

sorry for my weird sounding username. i was expecting i will be able to choose a screenname. i am new here and found hifivision a great forum. its like team-bhp for gizmos.

i was following this forum for arnd 2 weeks for choosing my first LCD. will be used in my bedroom and viewing distance is arnd 9-10 feet. i am getting following offer from a dealer(Noida Gallery) in noida without bargaining.

37" b530 - 38k
40" b530 - 48k

these are the prices quoted by dealer and i am sure he will come down to 3k as i will be buying a samsung fridge and oven from him.

My question is that is it worth going for 3" extra for a difference of 10k. 37" seems decent to me. One more thing i am getting 40" C530 for 48k from gaffar market(famous for grey) with bill warranty and free installation from samsung service center. Suggest me guys.

I may sound like a math geek but just look at this calculation:

37" at 9 feet (108") gives a viewing angle of 19.44 deg
40" at 10 feet (120") gives a viewing angle of 18.92 deg
Angle is diagonal.

Clearly 37" at 9 foot will 'appear' to be bigger! :eek: So just sit a foot closer!

Still worth 10k more? Now it seriously depends on your purchasing power.
For me, I would stick to 37" as it is not for your HT in living room and since features are same.

Last edited:
Hi santy

good calculation. but by this calculation you find even 32" sufficient.
37" at 7.78 feet gives a viewing angle of 19.44 deg :).

actually to some guys on this forum 37" is some odd size. is it something that that i will not be able to enjoy full HD as in case of 32".

experts plz give suggestion on my 1st post.

hi guys, adder/spirovious/blasto and other experts...i need to decide early as i have shifted with family to a new place and doesnt have a tv.

budget is a little constraint as of now as i need to buy other stuff too. but i dont want to repent later. i want to know whether it is VFM for shelling out 10k extra for 3" difference from 37" to 40".

if any one has prior experience on grey market(gaffar, delhi). i am a bit skeptical abt grey because LCD are more prone to problems even i found an authentic one.

37" size will not impact HD resolution etc in anyway. If your seating distance is 9 to 10ft and if you can afford it, go for 40".

First of all the 37inchers use CMO panels which are pretty bad compared .to the 40 inchers which mostly have samsung s panels or au optronics panels. Plus you'd want to get the new c530 and not last year's b530..

First of all the 37inchers use CMO panels which are pretty bad compared .to the 40 inchers which mostly have samsung s panels or au optronics panels. Plus you'd want to get the new c530 and not last year's b530..

thanks reignofchaos its really a useful info that 37" uses CMO panel :thumbsup:. but are you sure about this and can u provide me the info source. what i know is that its lottery in samsung for all models and sizes. and do u know how to check panel type in recent models of 40 B530/C530.

i was preferring b530 as diff b/w these is slight contrast ratio(80k/60k) and USB movie playback. for that i will be using laptop/dvd player.

Correction - The 37" C series is now all AUO. So that is good news :)

LE37C530,550,570,580 - BN07-00828A,AUO,T370HW03 VG, AU37H3G, 8bit, 37.0inch, 16.7M, 16:9, 0 to +50, 12V, AMVA3, CCFL, 60Hz
LE37C630,650,670 - BN07-00829A,AUO,T370HW03 VH,AU37H3H,8bit

BTW 3 Inch is visible difference.
If you do not have any issues with LG why not find equivalent models of LG? Adding a bit more in 37" b530 price you may get 42inh lg...which is significantly 5 inch bigger..

Hi guys

sorry for my weird sounding username. i was expecting i will be able to choose a screenname. i am new here and found hifivision a great forum. its like team-bhp for gizmos.

i was following this forum for arnd 2 weeks for choosing my first LCD. will be used in my bedroom and viewing distance is arnd 9-10 feet. i am getting following offer from a dealer(Noida Gallery) in noida without bargaining.

37" b530 - 38k
40" b530 - 48k

these are the prices quoted by dealer and i am sure he will come down to 3k as i will be buying a samsung fridge and oven from him.

My question is that is it worth going for 3" extra for a difference of 10k. 37" seems decent to me. One more thing i am getting 40" C530 for 48k from gaffar market(famous for grey) with bill warranty and free installation from samsung service center. Suggest me guys.

i think the model b530 is 2009 model and has been phased out. plz check on website before going in to the market.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back