Samsung A450 vs Panasonic PV80

madbullram,

Congrats. You will enjoy great PQ for years on the PV8. Great VFM.

PS - When and where is the party???

You would get an exclusive party when you hit Chennai :) All expenses taken care 3 days stay at house with food and non-alcho drinks and HD movie experience with Pop-corn and snacks.

Does that sound good? :)

You would get an exclusive party when you hit Chennai :) All expenses taken care 3 days stay at house with food and non-alcho drinks and HD movie experience with Pop-corn and snacks.

Does that sound good? :)

Sounds perfect. Its a done deal then. Next time I am in Chennai I have a new place to party at...

BTW your WDTV should really hit peak performance with the PV8. Do put in a detailed review about it, the PQ, how good is the upscaling for Divx rips of both DVDs and Blu-Ray DVDs.

^^ did u ask the best price without the exchange offer??

Yes without exchange it would be for 45,500 rs exclusive for our forum members. Contact them and refer our forum for the price deal. You can talk to Vaibhav at Ph.044-30582222/23/24

Hi:

:eek: 45k, I got it for 53k, thought was the best deal. These plasma prices are going down in price like hell. Very good indeed.:)

But whats really going to be my primary player is WD TV which would be playing all my HD movie content and DVD rips which I would be ripping and storing on my 1TB hard drive.

Interesting. I see a lot of members are using the ripped DVD route for viewing. I see a lot of difference in just DVD players. I recently was watching a original DVD of Hijack (cut from HD content). On my Oppo 983 I could see colour and clarity that my Pioneer 696 just could not show - both at the same resolution (720P) and onto the same TV. I am assuming at 1080P the difference will be even more glaring.

What I would like to do one day Madbull, is to come to your place with my Oppo 983 and watch the same movie from a original DVD and from a ripped version. Should be good information for all of us.

Cheers

Interesting. I see a lot of members are using the ripped DVD route for viewing. I see a lot of difference in just DVD players. I recently was watching a original DVD of Hijack (cut from HD content). On my Oppo 983 I could see colour and clarity that my Pioneer 696 just could not show - both at the same resolution (720P) and onto the same TV. I am assuming at 1080P the difference will be even more glaring.

What I would like to do one day Madbull, is to come to your place with my Oppo 983 and watch the same movie from a original DVD and from a ripped version. Should be good information for all of us.

Cheers

Most welcome Venkat. Snacks and non-alcohol drinks supplied free of cost :) provided it aint my fiancee entertainment day ;)

Okay guys here is my scorecard from my scribble pad during my analysis:

Parameter - LG - Sammy - Pana (scale of 1 to 10)

Design - 9.5 - 8 - 7

Sound - 9 - 8 - 7.5

HD PQ - 9 - 9 - 9 ( All std setting, Pana colours were natural and more pleasing after 20 mins of viewing)

SD PQ - 7 - 7 - 9.5 (Tata SKY - channels checked were HBO (Torque movie),Times Now (with news ticker), and Sun TV)

720p PQ - 9 - 9 - 9.5 (Iron Man on 720p .mkv format with DTS encoding played via my WD TV. Pana scored .5 more for the black and natural and smooth colours. BUT only a marginal bit)

Connectivity - 9 - 9 - 7 (Thats bcos i compared with Pana PV8)

So all in all I was completely happy with PV8 bcos:
1. I have a HTS so sound not a problem
2. All the DVD players have usb port so USB/SD Card slot was never a reason to think different
3. Design - I liked the matt finish of PV8 as it didnt reflect light unlike LG and Sammy
4 PQ - THIS is what a TV is for not for audio etc, this Panny PV8 won without any contention
5 Price - I got LG61 for 50k, Sammy 450 for 50k, and Pana 39990 on exchange ( so simple maths)

Having said all this, all 3 TVs are great. You chose what your eye likes and you will not go wrong with either of the 3 TVs. For SD content my humble opinion is that Pana is undisputed king/queen

PV8 is now available for 45.5K at JD which is a steal!!!

congratulations buddy.....although you have drifted away to the rival camp in terms of the manufacturer.....at least you are part of the big happy Plasma family :D.....hope you have years of enjoyment from your PV8....

Cheers

Venkat/madbull,

Will be waiting for an update on this...

Psyc: Yes, I have but my respect for Sammy has increased by leaps and bounds and it was SD that swayed my decision

Moserw: Will update as soon as I get my TV

Congrats MadBull.
I knew you were gonna shift towards Panny, if you managed to watched the SD content on both TV's simultaneously. :)

It's like a team here, Pv8 team, and A410/A450 Team hehe. Glad to see you in mine ;)

Okay guys here is my scorecard from my scribble pad during my analysis:

Parameter - LG - Sammy - Pana (scale of 1 to 10)

HD PQ - 9 - 9 - 9 ( All std setting, Pana colours were natural and more pleasing after 20 mins of viewing)

I saw a major difference in HD PQ in between Samsung and Panasonic as i said earlier. You didnt. That's why i asked you to get your eye's help in such decisions. Lots of times, people come out with different conclusions for a same thing.

but this is very unfair....i don't have anyone on my team......i don't think there's anyone else on hifivision with a 410/450....Dushie has an older generation Sammy plasma.....anyone else?

Congrats MadBull.
I knew you were gonna shift towards Panny, if you managed to watched the SD content on both TV's simultaneously. :)

It's like a team here, Pv8 team, and A410/A450 Team hehe. Glad to see you in mine ;)

I saw a major difference in HD PQ in between Samsung and Panasonic as i said earlier. You didnt. That's why i asked you to get your eye's help in such decisions. Lots of times, people come out with different conclusions for a same thing.

but this is very unfair....i don't have anyone on my team......i don't think there's anyone else on hifivision with a 410/450....Dushie has an older generation Sammy plasma.....anyone else?

I am with you dont worry, it was a very close call and my Fiance' liked Pana's matt finish

If i'm not wrong, marsilian's who's knowledge is 50 times AbhY's, is on your side as well ;)

Last edited:
Hey congrats on your Panasonic PV8 plasma Ram !! So finally - the plasma purchasing thing is over !! Looks like I'd be making a visit to your place for a nice movie session soon !! :D

Warm regards,
Venkat

Hey congrats on your Panasonic PV8 plasma Ram !! So finally - the plasma purchasing thing is over !! Looks like I'd be making a visit to your place for a nice movie session soon !! :D

Warm regards,
Venkat

Always welcomed Venky :) may you also purchase PV8 at 40K without exchange in 3 months :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back