Samsung E470 or Panasonic X50

My tv has normal 5A plug. Why do think that tv will require 15A plug?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

My tv has normal 5A plug. Why do think that tv will require 15A plug?

no no. I am not aware. I am completely noob for these socket ports things. I was looking for EBAY there for some it was mentioned that "It is have xA input" and i saw 5A, 15A hence asked.

yeah normal belkin protectors......5A is cool to go.....u can buy expensive belkin in the range of 2k..they are very good.......
....15A........they are needed for OTG and Iron etc...

btw what rating u are chkng?? is it 5A or 15A plug size OR total current rating of the belkin???

if later its alywas good to go for higher for next additions......

Last edited:
I have a 5A wire that is supporting tv, bdp, tatasky stb, and limksys wrt-54g. You must take the wire into consideration. A 15A gadget drawing power from a wire capable of max 5A will lead to a fire.

Wattage=voltage X current X power factor
power factor is around 0.6...so for a 600VA ups it will support devices with total wattage of 360W...5A socket is enough..15A socket are used in AirCond/higher wattage than 1100W.

True. E490 simply not being given for <65K. most of 51s are going out of stock. Today stores were not even picking up the phone.

Booked 51E470 at 55 K from SS Plaza. Paid 1% processing fee and rest in 15 EMIs with no advance EMI. Installation within 1 week.
I hope TV lasts without any issue for atleast 5 years !

Thank you all for having given your inputs and continue to do so.

Please share on these first few hours (100/150/200 ?) period ? What kind of settings to set ? Should I only watch movies in full screen mode since they dont have any logos ?

Sanket.

Last edited:
True. E490 simply not being given for <65K. most of 51s are going out of stock. Today stores were not even picking up the phone.

Booked 51E470 at 55 K from SS Plaza. Paid 1% processing fee and rest in 15 EMIs with no advance EMI. Installation within 1 week.
I hope TV lasts without any issue for atleast 5 years !

Thank you all for having given your inputs and continue to do so.

Please share on these first few hours (100/150/200 ?) period ? What kind of settings to set ? Should I only watch movies in full screen mode since they dont have any logos ?

Sanket.

@Sanky, The price of E490 is increased from 59k to 65k to accomodate the free BRD in hyderabad too. Resellers just say "ask samsung" when querried for the increase today. Good purchase..

Congrats. Be careful with first 200 hours. Actually 100 hours are sufficient but you may wish to extend the window to 200 hours, just to be even more safe.

Actually I am still on low contrast, low brightness mode because I kind of grown to like it that way.

the good old local theater hall memories:):).even I like the same mode u mentioned even though I dont own a plasma.

Hmm. On an lcd panel which has inherently brighter panel, bright settings will yield the movie frames slightly washed out. So yeah. :)

@just4kix: so are you suggesting watching only movies in full screen mode ? or is it okay if I watch channels with logos on it ?

much better if can be avoided for first 200 hours...or u can also zoom 1 the channels to make the logo vanish...my idea just
btw do ur model have auto pixel shift??

@just4kix: so are you suggesting watching only movies in full screen mode ? or is it okay if I watch channels with logos on it ?
Yes. Initially watch movies in full screen mode.

For channel logos:
Panasonic has a feature called "Pixel Orbiter" that moves the whole picture frame after a time gap. Check whether Samsung has a similar feature.

For general IR issues:
Use break-in slides. And you may refer to this excellent thread: http://www.hifivision.com/television/4081-plasma-tv-settings-facts.html

Yes. Initially watch movies in full screen mode.

For channel logos:
Panasonic has a feature called "Pixel Orbiter" that moves the whole picture frame after a time gap

yes I was reffernig this pixel shift or pixel move...I think sammy also has it.read the manual.there may be a selection that pixel move on or pixel move off

yeah normal belkin protectors......5A is cool to go.....u can buy expensive belkin in the range of 2k..they are very good.......
....15A........they are needed for OTG and Iron etc...

btw what rating u are chkng?? is it 5A or 15A plug size OR total current rating of the belkin???

if later its alywas good to go for higher for next additions......

@Prosenjit: Are you referring to Belkin Advanced/Ultimate/Superior/Gold series?. I am thinking of buying "Advanced Series 6-Socket Surge Protector". I think it is sufficient for future as I will have at the most AVR + 5.1 in future attached to this. Will couple with some stablizer or inline UPS.

Sanket.

Last edited:
hi all:

anybody planning to go for Samsung plasma from Pune ?

I think I will book one from eZone now. Anybody can help me get better rate from eZone (quoted 55 K for 51E470) ? (I always wonder what people mean when they say "Got better rate though 'contacts'" !!! ) NOM :)

Sanket

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back