Samsung E470 or Panasonic X50

i am still deciding on xt50d and e490 :(
(from pune)
BTW just today i saw the 51e470 for some 62k in reliance digital and ezone of amanora.
are you sure that the price mentioned by you can be further brought down?

Pune people, shopping festivals are round the corner. Why not wait till then? Meanwhile just have a look and study to decide what is best that meets your needs.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

(from pune)
BTW just today i saw the 51e470 for some 62k in reliance digital and ezone of amanora.

have you had a look at both the tv's? should do a thorough demo.......play HD, SD, various types of video content to see how they handle the processing and then decide.

(from pune)

We can try if we both buy same model. When you say 'saw', do you mean they are having stock ? or on display ? is 3D must for you ? Please PM me your mobile number.

kix and aakash: I have already taken demos of E490 and was happy with the PQ. I also studied and found (and sales people seconded) that there is no difference in panel or PQ of E490 and E470 only that the former is 3D.

About festive season, on the contrary I think prices firm up during festivals ? just my perspective..

kix and aakash: I have already taken demos of E490 and was happy with the PQ. I also studied and found (and sales people seconded) that there is no difference in panel or PQ of E490 and E470 only that the former is 3D.

About festive season, on the contrary I think prices firm up during festivals ? just my perspective..

Prices will not vary for the base product. But some freebies may be offered. On the other hand, Samsung is offering 3d package right now.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

have you had a look at both the tv's? should do a thorough demo.......play HD, SD, various types of video content to see how they handle the processing and then decide.

not really. the reliance outlet in amanora had samsung 51e490 and pana 42x50d placed at left and right corners.
so couldnt do a side by side demo.

but i did see that pana was very natural looking..the faces of players were looking very normal where samsung was showing it to be more bright/colored.
i like the natural look. however they had just the display unit and no stock of pana x50d model.

i am also not able to see the PM option. u can messg me over gmail/skype.

not really. the reliance outlet in amanora had samsung 51e490 and pana 42x50d placed at left and right corners.
so couldnt do a side by side demo.

but i did see that pana was very natural looking..the faces of players were looking very normal where samsung was showing it to be more bright/colored.
i like the natural look. however they had just the display unit and no stock of pana x50d model.

i am also not able to see the PM option. u can messg me over gmail/skype.

We can try if we both buy same model. When you say 'saw', do you mean they are having stock ? or on display ? is 3D must for you ? Please PM me your mobile number.

i am strictly looking for 42.
the reliance and ezone @amanora both had 51es490 on display for ~61k..just vaguely saw the price as was never going to buy it :)

i also visited local shop in hadapsar. he did quote 48k for es490 and 34k for es470. but need to bargain hard to bring the price down.

My wifey is against 3d and as panasonic 42x*D is not in stock, i am left with es470 to consider.

i think PM is enabled after 5 posts. so try...if you are seriously considering 470 then i think we should jointly bargain. I for 51 and you for 43. Btw what is the name of the store in Hadapsar that you visited ?

Last edited:
i think PM is enabled after 5 posts. so try...if you are seriously considering 470 then i think we should jointly bargain. I for 51 and you for 43. Btw what is the name of the store in Hadapsar that you visited ?

ok.
this is my fifth post:)

Its pravin for samsung plasmas.
this pravin electronics is on solapur road just at the very start of gadital bridge.
u can consider this place to be opposite to vaibhav theatre.

i sent you PM (I was not able to earlier, but now i got that option so i think its enabled for you :)

Did u went ahead with the purchase?
i had to turn back as i was not able to demo any of the plasmas...netiher panasonic nor samsung in hadapsar..

yes. Again booked 51E470 for 55 K. He clearly told me it could take 1 month. which i confirmed by calling different shops. As soon as i let them know I was coming for booking and when can they deliver, they started saying 2-3 weeks etc....

yes. Again booked 51E470 for 55 K. He clearly told me it could take 1 month. which i confirmed by calling different shops. As soon as i let them know I was coming for booking and when can they deliver, they started saying 2-3 weeks etc....
:)
thats good deal.

Tough luck continues ! I Had upgraded to 51E490 since 51E470 was not available. TV was finally delivered yesterday. But it decided not to start ! Dealer lodged SR for replacement. Hoping to get within few days.

Finally, Got 51E490 delivered and installed. As of now trying to watch movies which occupy most of the screen or NatGeo in full zoom. this is the only channel which I want to watch AND where both dth+channel logo disappears after zooming out.

Was thinking of running Evangelo's breakin slides in night ? is it safe to fasten break-in by running slides ?

Finally, Got 51E490 delivered and installed. As of now trying to watch movies which occupy most of the screen or NatGeo in full zoom. this is the only channel which I want to watch AND where both dth+channel logo disappears after zooming out.

Was thinking of running Evangelo's breakin slides in night ? is it safe to fasten break-in by running slides ?
Yes. It is safe to run break-in slides as much as you want and there is no rule/warning that says "do this for 'x' number of hours only per day".

hi all

the tube light opposite the TV is giving some distraction. should I put CFL on top of TV instead ? any other lighting advice for the night viewing ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back