Samsung Frame 55

waris

Hi there,
After lots of discussion I am zeroing upon Samsung Frame 2020 55 inch for movie watching over Netflix, Prime, Hotstar etc. In future I may get XBOX or PS.
My viewing distance is 9 ft. Is this 55 incher good enough for the purpose. I can not buy X90/95 as they are above 1 lac.
I have an offer of Q60T for 83k ( -5k cashback) and Q70T for 92K(-5k cashback).
In my opinion Frame2020 is better than both and also lower in price @82k(-3k for first time purchase from Samsung store).
So shall I go ahead with Frame 2020.
None of the showrooms in Ahmedabad have Frame on display so I request Frame owners and other FMs to kindly comment .

Hi there,
After lots of discussion I am zeroing upon Samsung Frame 2020 55 inch for movie watching over Netflix, Prime, Hotstar etc. In future I may get XBOX or PS.
My viewing distance is 9 ft. Is this 55 incher good enough for the purpose. I can not buy X90/95 as they are above 1 lac.
I have an offer of Q60T for 83k ( -5k cashback) and Q70T for 92K(-5k cashback).
In my opinion Frame2020 is better than both and also lower in price @82k(-3k for first time purchase from Samsung store).
So shall I go ahead with Frame 2020.
None of the showrooms in Ahmedabad have Frame on display so I request Frame owners and other FMs to kindly comment .
I also wanted to add that I have Denon x2400 AVR and it does not support HDR10+ . It also has only ARC . Samsung Frame I think only outputs 5.1 over ARC and Atmos is over eARC.

Take a look at Samsung Serif as well - it is a QLED and supposed to have better brightness than the Frame. It can not be wall mounted though. I had shared my opinions on this TV in a thread

Or if you can do wait for the frame2021, seems better on paper. Frame2021 is well recommended at landing between 73-77k(Samsung exclusive stores have started getting stocks in blr)

I also wanted to add that I have Denon x2400 AVR and it does not support HDR10+ . It also has only ARC . Samsung Frame I think only outputs 5.1 over ARC and Atmos is over eARC.
x2400 does support HDMI 2.0b fully so it should be able to pass-through HDR10, 10+ and Dolby Vision.

Or if you can do wait for the frame2021, seems better on paper. Frame2021 is well recommended at landing between 73-77k(Samsung exclusive stores have started getting stocks in blr)
I checked US websites . They show 1500 USD price. That puts it at 1lac.
Can you share the name of the store, may be I will call them and enquire. In Ahmedabad Croma, Vijay sales, reliance digital don't keep Frame 2020.
I envy all the Banglorians , you guys get all the good stuff and great discounts too.

Usually you will not get to see frame telivisions for demo in Samsung official showrooms, forget about other showroom.
I am also of the same opinion that frame is a very gud television which is value for money .
Online sale is only available on Flipkart and Samsung official website. They were several offers on 50 and 55 inch variants during previous sales on flipkart .
I think if your budget can be increased to 1 lakh then you can wait for 2021 frame television other wise you can go with 2020 model hands down.

Can you share the name of the store, may be I will call them and enquire. In Ahmedabad Croma, Vijay sales, reliance digital don't keep Frame 2020.
I envy all the Banglorians , you guys get all the good stuff and great discounts too.
The Frame is one of the TVs in Samsung's lineup which is priced fairly in India and overpriced in the US. All other Samsung TVs are fairly* priced in the US and overpriced in India.

*: In relative terms. Overall, no Samsung TV is worth its asking price in terms of PQ in the US.

It's spec list mentions only HDR and Dolby Vision. Newer Model x2700 mentions HDR 10+ also. Member having this AVR can confirm.
It should still pass it just fine, as it doesn't have to decode the data and just pass through the bitstream over HDMI. If an AVR can do HDR10, it has HDMI 2.0a/b support and hence can pass through HDR10+ and DV as well. For HLG, you need HDMI 2.0b necessarily.

You should try it when you get the TV. 99% you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Is an online only model in India and prices as lesser as such 84k at launch and downwards thereafter. The samsung store marathahalli called me last week offering the 2020 model at 77k as they seemed to be having some stock (while earlier they'd said its online only and not for demo). Also samsung corporate offers no longer sell frame in 55" since last week, it was listed for 74k few weeks ago.

Is an online only model in India and prices as lesser as such 84k at launch and downwards thereafter. The samsung store marathahalli called me last week offering the 2020 model at 77k as they seemed to be having some stock (while earlier they'd said its online only and not for demo). Also samsung corporate offers no longer sell frame in 55" since last week, it was listed for 74k few weeks ago.
Samsung store is selling it in 79k after 3k discount for first time purchase from their app. Is it a good price. Or should I wait for new frame ? If new frame will be priced at 84k and will be better than 2020 I can wait.
The Frame is one of the TVs in Samsung's lineup which is priced fairly in India and overpriced in the US. All other Samsung TVs are fairly* priced in the US and overpriced in India.

*: In relative terms. Overall, no Samsung TV is worth its asking price in terms of PQ in the US.
Yes. That was something driving me crazy . As per RTINGS frame is as good as Q70T. Now Q70T is selling around 92k - 5k card cashable.
This still baffles me, can you tell why Frame is priced lower than Q70T.

Samsung store is selling it in 79k after 3k discount for first time purchase from their app. Is it a good price. Or should I wait for new frame ? If new frame will be priced at 84k and will be better than 2020 I can wait.

Yes. That was something driving me crazy . As per RTINGS frame is as good as Q70T. Now Q70T is selling around 92k - 5k card cashable.

Frame is sold online only, cutting out various layers of middle men.

ATMOS from streaming services rely on DD+ and ARC is capable of handling DD+.

If you can suffer the wait a few months more, do wait as the prices are same as last year so hopefully they will launch at same price here by may June. Anyway launched elsewhere but seems Samsung india is all about mid range phones right now.

Sharing my experience on buying TV in 2017. Decided LG 55UJ652T, displayed price at Reliance Digital was 1.26 lac, Nowhere it was available less than 1 lac - online/offline/authorised dealer). Negotiate with them and Reliance finally sold brand new tv for 88k. So if you have 1 lac+ tv in mind, you could try negotiating with reliance/croma. Reliance employees also have 5% referral discount code which on negotiation can also give to you

Sharing my experience on buying TV in 2017. Decided LG 55UJ652T, displayed price at Reliance Digital was 1.26 lac, Nowhere it was available less than 1 lac - online/offline/authorised dealer). Negotiate with them and Reliance finally sold brand new tv for 88k. So if you have 1 lac+ tv in mind, you could try negotiating with reliance/croma. Reliance employees also have 5% referral discount code which on negotiation can also give to you
Thanks for sharing this useful information.

If you can suffer the wait a few months more, do wait as the prices are same as last year so hopefully they will launch at same price here by may June. Anyway launched elsewhere but seems Samsung india is all about mid range phones right now.
Yes, that's something I have to decide .

As per the rtings comparison, the Frame has a better panel than the Q70T. It's brighter, more uniform, better response times and has higher contrast ratio. The scores are close because the Frame calibration is worse out of the box but you can tweak that in settings.
The Frame is priced lower because it's an online-only model, while Q70T price has to include the margins of the various layers of distributors and the retailer. In low volume market like India, those margins are substantial.

Hi everyone ,
Thanks for your inputs. I called Samsung Customer care and they had no idea about 2021 model.
When should we expect frame 2021 to go on sale?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back