Samsung Frame 55

I got the frame 50 inch for my parents. It has only got a 60hz screen and doesn't support hdmi 2.1 . I find screen uniformity to be really good, didn't notice any dirty screen effect either. Contrast is fantastic, brightness has better than I expected too. Overall I'm quite happy with it, I use my PS5 with it as well (at 60 hz) and it seems perfectly at home while gaming ad well. Viewing angles aren't great because of the lack of a wide angle filter, so that's something you would need to consider. Screen reflections are not visible when watching bright content, however it is slightly visible when you have a bright light source opposite it . Software is quite smooth, I've only noticed very occasional stutters in performance of the software. Overall I'm really happy with this purchase, I didn't expect an Edge Lit set to be this good. Black levels are pretty good too , unless you watch it at night without any lights on, I find the blacks perfectly acceptable when you watch it in a room with a dim light source

I got the frame 50 inch for my parents. It has only got a 60hz screen and doesn't support hdmi 2.1 . I find screen uniformity to be really good, didn't notice any dirty screen effect either. Contrast is fantastic, brightness has better than I expected too. Overall I'm quite happy with it, I use my PS5 with it as well (at 60 hz) and it seems perfectly at home while gaming ad well. Viewing angles aren't great because of the lack of a wide angle filter, so that's something you would need to consider. Screen reflections are not visible when watching bright content, however it is slightly visible when you have a bright light source opposite it . Software is quite smooth, I've only noticed very occasional stutters in performance of the software. Overall I'm really happy with this purchase, I didn't expect an Edge Lit set to be this good. Black levels are pretty good too , unless you watch it at night without any lights on, I find the blacks perfectly acceptable when you watch it in a room with a dim light source
Hi,
I will be watching from 9ft distance over L shaped sofa (3+2). Will the viewing angle create problem for the person on the sides?

Hi everyone ,
Thanks for your inputs. I called Samsung Customer care and they had no idea about 2021 model.
When should we expect frame 2021 to go on sale?
They've no idea as they don't want to commit. Same with usa samsung chat when i was asking them a few days before pre order began. May-Jun was the period last year despite the lockdowns. You can expect it in q2 for sure.
2021 model claims a wide angle viewing filter, though it might hit contrast ratio at times, wait for someone in usa to post a review. As of now just the qn series are getting reviewed or the new sony oled. Soon x90j and samsung regular qleds will start popping as deliveries must have begun by now mostly.

Hi,
I will be watching from 9ft distance over L shaped sofa (3+2). Will the viewing angle create problem for the person on the sides?
I sit at a distance of 11-12 feet in front and find no issues at all . At 9 feet if I were sitting to the side of it , it'd look a bit washed out , it's not unwatchable but it's not accurate. My dad and mom in fact almost never sit in front of it but they're both fine with the colors although they did notice that the colours look slightly washed out.

I'm taking the wait for 2021 recommendation back, samsung seems to be shipping IPS panels this year and I assume that's why wide viewing angles are advertised for frame this year. If they have done it to qn85a and qn80a, suppose further downgrades to the lower qled's.

I'm taking the wait for 2021 recommendation back, samsung seems to be shipping IPS panels this year and I assume that's why wide viewing angles are advertised for frame this year. If they have done it to qn85a and qn80a, suppose further downgrades to the lower qled's.
Ohh. If that's the case then better to go for 2020 model. What's the best price we can get for 55 and 65 inch model. Since I watch from 9-10ft I was also looking at 65inch. Samsung website shows 1.3lacs for 65. I think for 65inch x9000h may offer more value for money at 1.51 Lacs with FALD design.
Plz share your views.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back