Samsung Plasma 50 inch Full HD TV PS50C550G1R

uziel

I have putup some actual pictures of Samsung Plasma 50 inch Full HD TV PS50C550G1R as in India quite different from whats given in other countries. Immediate notice was there was no lighting in the remote unit. This TV unit dated October 2010. The package is quite slim but the length is a bit on the higher side. The original package contains the stand, TV, mounting kit, documentation, remote and the power cable. The wall mounting can be done by samsung engineers anytime till a year from the date of purchase. I am putting some initial observation from my side, may be irrelevant but thought to document it. (will add later as time passes)

Some Pros: :clapping:

(a) The TV Body built looks quite solid
(b) Ports are adequate and well placed
(c) The front right lower panel is almost touch operation of panel buttons
(d) No Buzzing and acceptabable heat dessipation
(e) Best VFM when source is full HD
(f) Screen Swivel 20 degree each side.

Some Cons: :sad:

(a) Date & time has to be reset everytime you hard power up/down.
(b) While playinng from USB, many issues regards format acceptance
(c) While playing over Network, fastforward/reverse does not work
(d) Allshare has lotza limitations
(e) Regards DLNA, Samsung PC Share manager has limited capability. I had to use Mezzmo which is much more capable
(f) Support staff at Samsung have limited knowledge of DLNA & allshare
(g) No wireless dongle supplied.

Attachments

• Photo0037.jpg
    Photo0037.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 375
  • Photo0038.jpg
    Photo0038.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 372
  • Photo0044.jpg
    Photo0044.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 371
  • Photo0045.jpg
    Photo0045.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 371
  • Photo0040.jpg
    Photo0040.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Congatulations :clapping:

No wireless dongle supplied in "Pros" Are you sure about this ?

Are you using wireless USB adapter or lan cable for allshare/dlna?

Congatulations :clapping:

No wireless dongle supplied in "Pros" Are you sure about this ?

Are you using wireless USB adapter or lan cable for allshare/dlna?

Thanks for the correction. I am using both, the wireless Samsung WIS09abgn and wired option. Therez lotz stuttring while full hd video plays as huge bandwidth is required.

Thanks for the correction. I am using both, the wireless Samsung WIS09abgn and wired option. Therez lotz stuttring while full hd video plays as huge bandwidth is required.

May be you need to upgrade to a better bandwidth routher n-band ? Btw did you buy the dongle from the dealer or outside? I am looking for one too...

I have putup some actual pictures of Samsung Plasma 50 inch Full HD TV PS50C550G1R as in India quite different from whats given in other countries. Immediate notice was there was no lighting in the remote unit. .

What are the other differences in the indian model?

May be you need to upgrade to a better bandwidth routher n-band ? Btw did you buy the dongle from the dealer or outside? I am looking for one too...

I got it from dealer for 5000/-. If you know someone in US/Europe, you can get it for half th price.

hi,

can u please tell what is the price u paid for this TV

I bought it from Samsung Brand showroom for 70K, their first quote was 71K. In Delhi, there were other samsung Dealers who were ready to offer lower than what I paid but I dint care as the shop was near to my house and I got the TV unloaded from the Truck in front of me near the showroom and then bought it myself to house to avoid swapping and other issues. He kept insisting ""godown se bhejwa dunga"" but I was adamant so I had to pay a premium. The set was completly out of box and I inspected each and every tape, seals and packing to avoid getting fooled :D

I bought it from Samsung Brand showroom for 70K, their first quote was 71K. In Delhi, there were other samsung Dealers who were ready to offer lower than what I paid but I dint care as the shop was near to my house and I got the TV unloaded from the Truck in front of me near the showroom and then bought it myself to house to avoid swapping and other issues. He kept insisting ""godown se bhejwa dunga"" but I was adamant so I had to pay a premium. The set was completly out of box and I inspected each and every tape, seals and packing to avoid getting fooled :D

Did you ask them to check the usage hours using service menu ?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: MUST READ BEFORE USING SERVICE CODES!!!
Entering or making changes in service mode by untrained persons can cause significant and permanent damage to your television. If you are not qualified to service your television, please DO NOT ENTER these service menu codes.

Samsung PS50C550:

1. With the TV in standby, on the remote: press & reease the {INFO} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} buttons in sequence ie. one after the other.
2. The TV will turn On with the 'Service Menu' displayed.
3. In the 'Service Menu', navigate to 'SVC' and press Enter/OK
4. The 'Panel Display Time' will be displayed in the service menu.
5. Press the {RETURN} button to return to the main page or {POWER} button to exit the Service Menu.

*WARNING* All changes are auto Saved. So be careful while making any changes.

Last edited:
In US, they follow the naming convention a bit different from here. Like they have PN50C550G1FXZA and PN50C550G1FXZC and the same here in India is PS50c550G1RLXL. The remote unit part number in India is BN59-01019A whereas in US it is BN59-01041A which is backlit.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back