Samsung Plasma 50 inch Full HD TV PS50C550G1R

hey - congrats man. Did you get to see a demo before buying? Is there a possibility to see demo of 6500 plasma somewhere in delhi/ ncr?

70k is fabulous price. Where are you getting it for lower?

hey - congrats man. Did you get to see a demo before buying? Is there a possibility to see demo of 6500 plasma somewhere in delhi/ ncr?

70k is fabulous price. Where are you getting it for lower?

I did take a demo. In Delhi, series 6 Plasma is displayed in the Samsung Brand Shop in Yusuf Sarai, next to Metro station.

I saw the 58 inch Samsung C6500 at the Samsung showroom in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Looks simply amazing.

My wife had to drag me out of the shworoom to stop me from buying it.

I saw the 58 inch Samsung C6500 at the Samsung showroom in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Looks simply amazing.

:D:lol::eek:hyeah:

Iam sure she realized that it will create a hole in your pocket.. :eek:hyeah:

How much was it quoted?

I agree with you on the same buddy , it is a stunning set and the PQ is awesome.

Guys

Love this forum. Have decided on the Samsung 50C550. Looks like prices in Delhi and Mumbai are tooo good compared to Bangalore since some of u have quotes for 70k or less on this TV. I have a negotiated quote of 75k here in Bangalore. Anybody know of a store in Bangalore quoting less. Also, though, I did a demo in one shop - I want to redo it in another shop - know of anybody having it on display since in Bangalore, it is rarely on display.

Thanks

Guys

Love this forum. Have decided on the Samsung 50C550. Looks like prices in Delhi and Mumbai are tooo good compared to Bangalore since some of u have quotes for 70k or less on this TV. I have a negotiated quote of 75k here in Bangalore. Anybody know of a store in Bangalore quoting less. Also, though, I did a demo in one shop - I want to redo it in another shop - know of anybody having it on display since in Bangalore, it is rarely on display.

Thanks

I got it for 68900Rs :yahoo: Bangalore 2 months back....... From Yesbee .... No demo direct buy coz I saw it in my friends before purchase we played some PS3 games..........:cool:

Guys

Thanks

Go to Devi International and talk to Niranjan, he will give you the lower price from the one you have been offered.

One of my main reasons for this TV was for the support of DLNA protocol. I am doing a lotz of research on this and and also in touch with Samsung tech deptt regards this. The PC Share Manager available in Samsung website for the use of allshare feature is quite debilitated and featureless. Samsung prefered to develop an in-house software for DLNA rather than working with already available 3rd party software (mentioned a few at the end) whose softwares are much more tweakable and capable. Samsung tesh support staff is very incapable of helping anyone about DLNA queries. Though DLNA softwares still struggle to support many formats that can be played, Samsung PC Share Manager is among the worst. Samsung not responding to customers who have lotza complaint about their software is quite flabbergasting, which in turn does give some more weightage to the fact that Samsung is quite interested in selling and post sales support is not that important. There are some issues that I myself would like to point out that Samsung should workout:

(a) If media is not in root folder, sharing is issue many a times.
(b) Adding device manually option is not available
(c) Fastforward/rewind etc is not possible when media is played through Allshare
(d) Server needs o be restarted time n again as TV keeps showing no device conected

I have tried some other softwares and they do much better. Some of them are:

Serviio DLNA media server
MediaTomb - Free UPnP MediaServer
Mezzmo - The Ultimate DLNA Home Entertainment Software
TVersity - Home
http://www.twonky.com/
A Free DLNA Media Server For Mac, Windows, and Linux (Free)
FUPPES - Free UPnP Entertainment Service
EyeConnect

If atall the media is played and the audio format is detected and played, if you connect the optical audio out to the amplifier/receiver, you will not get the dts/dolby output, just a stereo sound!!! There are so many devices and softwares/drivers involved, the interoperability is a huge challenge. The developers are cosntantly working and the users have to be hopeful from the open forum rather than Samsung. If the TV is in standby mode, the TV releases the IP and the media servers does not recoganize the TV! In Windows Vista, my TV is detected as Samsung DTV DMR and OS keeps looking for driver and Viola! Samsung has no answers for this globally. I believe Win7 does not have this issue by using a generic passthrough driver. I will keep inputing here as an when I come up with more information.

where did you buy it from? Pls share number of the dealer so that we can benefit as well.
I bought mine from the Samsung Brand Shop in the Basant Lok Market, Vasant Vihar for Rs. 69,000/- Keep in mind I bought the TV when it had just been introduced and was not available easily. Thus you ought to be able to get it for at least a few thousand less now.

thanks Sanjay! pls give numbers. And how to ensure a new packed piece before it lands at my place?

Their address is:

Samsung Plaza
m/s MG Ezone
#4, Basant Lok, Priya PVR Complex,
Landmark: If you stand as Priya Cinema in yr back, its on right side 30mt away.
Vasant Vihar,
New Delhi 110057
Phones: 01146039911, 01146039922
Fax: +911146039933
[email protected]
Map Location: Samsung Plaza Basant Lok in Google Maps

Insist on visiting their godown, check month&year of manufacture label on packing, check serial# on label on packing n TV are same (then check if the same goes in Delivery Note), check panel hours, closely inspect packing tape, at bottom, therez no tape, white seal holds the rectangulat plate that holds the TV, check signs of thread damage on VESA mount Screws etc. These ounds tedious but the more you can do, better for you.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: MUST READ BEFORE USING SERVICE CODES!!!
Entering or making changes in service mode by untrained persons can cause significant and permanent damage to your television. If you are not qualified to service your television, please DO NOT ENTER these service menu codes.

Samsung PS50C550:

1. With the TV in standby, on the remote: press & reease the {INFO} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} buttons in sequence ie. one after the other.
2. The TV will turn On with the 'Service Menu' displayed.
3. In the 'Service Menu', navigate to 'SVC' and press Enter/OK
4. The 'Panel Display Time' will be displayed in the service menu.
5. Press the {RETURN} button to return to the main page or {POWER} button to exit the Service Menu.

*WARNING* All changes are auto Saved. So be careful while making any changes.
What value did u see in the "Panel Display Time" - what are normal values ?
Thanks

thanks. Will they let me switch it on in the godown? Can you show some pics on the white seal

Their address is:

Samsung Plaza
m/s MG Ezone
#4, Basant Lok, Priya PVR Complex,
Landmark: If you stand as Priya Cinema in yr back, its on right side 30mt away.
Vasant Vihar,
New Delhi 110057
Phones: 01146039911, 01146039922
Fax: +911146039933
[email protected]
Map Location: Samsung Plaza Basant Lok in Google Maps

Insist on visiting their godown, check month&year of manufacture label on packing, check serial# on label on packing n TV are same (then check if the same goes in Delivery Note), check panel hours, closely inspect packing tape, at bottom, therez no tape, white seal holds the rectangulat plate that holds the TV, check signs of thread damage on VESA mount Screws etc. These ounds tedious but the more you can do, better for you.

I got it for 68900Rs :yahoo: Bangalore 2 months back....... From Yesbee .... No demo direct buy coz I saw it in my friends before purchase we played some PS3 games..........:cool:

Hey Kittu, how were the FPS games?
I see some ghost images in my B450 during horizontal screen movement during normal TV viewing. Does it happen in C550? (Particularly during FPS)?

^^ @ BLASTO: No way, not a hint of ghosting here.I have used PC,PS3, PS2 and X360 for gaming and all are just awesome.I am not sure abt lag coz i ain't a hardcore/critic gamer.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back