Samsung Plasma 50 inch Full HD TV PS50C550G1R

Hey Kittu, how were the FPS games?
I see some ghost images in my B450 during horizontal screen movement during normal TV viewing. Does it happen in C550? (Particularly during FPS)?

Well I did not observe anything on his TV we were too involved in shooting each other :)

I'm considering between this TV and the LG PK550 in Gurgaon. Can anyone recommend a good dealer and the latest price for the Samsung in Gurgaon?

I've been quoted 59k for the LG and 68k for the Samsung so far at a couple of shops in Jacobpura (Old Gurgaon).

O

[...]
(c) Fastforward/rewind etc is not possible when media is played through Allshare
[...]

That's the most common complaint but it's actually not an issue. Samsung decided to map left & right key to ffwd/rew instead of the actual buttons at the bottom. Use left/right key and it will work fine.

Hello everyone,

I purchased this TV about a week back. I'm really happy with it so far, barring the buzzing noise that hear from time to time (not loud though). I didn't spend enough time researching prior to buying the TV. Anyway, after I bought it, I started snooping around on forums and while looking for Service Menu info, reached this thread. I've tons of questions, but the one that is bothering me the most is this:

The Panel Hours on my TV is showing as 583 hours. As mentioned, I bought the TV about a week back. Is 583 hours is something that I should really be worried about?

Could it be that these many hours were clocked in the factory?

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I purchased this TV about a week back. I'm really happy with it so far, barring the buzzing noise that hear from time to time (not loud though). I didn't spend enough time researching prior to buying the TV. Anyway, after I bought it, I started snooping around on forums and while looking for Service Menu info, reached this thread. I've tons of questions, but the one that is bothering me the most is this:

The Panel Hours on my TV is showing as 583 hours. As mentioned, I bought the TV about a week back. Is 583 hours is something that I should really be worried about?

Could it be that these many hours were clocked in the factory?

Thank you.

583 is totally not acceptable. It is a display piece or a return pne from another buyer. Callup samsung report the issue and get it replaced.

NO these many hours could not be clocked in the factory, and I doubt you clocked 583 hrs in 1 week. Do one thing: in a completely darkened room, display a black image and see if you can notice retention of any image...... then let us know.

583 hours is unacceptable, in my opinion. I'll say this again, in a plasma TV the first 100-200 hrs are the most important. If you get a plasma at 583 hrs, chances are that those hours were clocked in a brightly lit showroom, where the plasma was displayed at torch mode in order to compete with LCD displays.
Lodge a complaint immediately. But seeing as you have kept it for 1 week, it might be an uphill task getting your point across....

Hey guys,

First of all, thank you so much for replying.

Sorry, it took me a while to get back. Anyway, here is what happened.

I went to the showroom and asked to speak with the manager, in private. So, off we went to another room and by now I had prepared a nice speech. As soon as I sat down, I rattled off everything that had happened, including the 583 hours and the image burn that I thought I saw. I told him that they had either given me a piece that was used in the showroom or a customer returned piece and that I wanted a replacement or a refund.

You know, I totally expected him to flip and be defensive et al, but guess what? He didn't pretend, argue or retort. He said, with a smile, that he will replace the piece. Believe me, I was in shock for a few seconds. I can't understand how he decided to replace it without asking me a single question. He did seem like a really nice guy, I must admit.

Anyway, he called me the next day and told me that they are expecting a few new sets from Samsung on Monday and that he will deliver it the same day. I'll wait till Monday and if I don't hear from him, I plan to go to the showroom again.

If I don't get it on Monday, what do you guys suggest I do?

Thank you

Hey guys,

First of all, thank you so much for replying.

Sorry, it took me a while to get back. Anyway, here is what happened.

I went to the showroom and asked to speak with the manager, in private. So, off we went to another room and by now I had prepared a nice speech. As soon as I sat down, I rattled off everything that had happened, including the 583 hours and the image burn that I thought I saw. I told him that they had either given me a piece that was used in the showroom or a customer returned piece and that I wanted a replacement or a refund.

You know, I totally expected him to flip and be defensive et al, but guess what? He didn't pretend, argue or retort. He said, with a smile, that he will replace the piece. Believe me, I was in shock for a few seconds. I can't understand how he decided to replace it without asking me a single question. He did seem like a really nice guy, I must admit.

Anyway, he called me the next day and told me that they are expecting a few new sets from Samsung on Monday and that he will deliver it the same day. I'll wait till Monday and if I don't hear from him, I plan to go to the showroom again.

If I don't get it on Monday, what do you guys suggest I do?

Thank you

PLease do take in writing that the set is going to be replaced .

Hey guys,

I wouldn't actually have to write this if you could see the grin on my face!! Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I got the replacement plasma today. Finally, all the tension is over. I checked the panel hours and it showed zero hours. Compared to the first one, this one looks brand new. In the first one, the labels were slightly faded and even the remote was faded compared to the new one.

Anyway, thank you so much, guys, for all the ideas and everything. You guys are a wonderful bunch and thank you for always sharing and answering.

I'll stay in touch.

Thanks again.

After constantly reporting the IR/Ghost image and other issues about my TV, samsung said they will replace my SET... Hoping to see a better one this time. They said it takes 8 to 10 days to process the same...

Fingers Crossed....

Kittu

hi i just bought myself the 50 c 550 when i turned it on today for the first time i hadnt connected the cable connection it was on pc mode so the screen was black i could clearly see tensports logo and the big tv logo retained on the tv does this mean i was sold a showroom piece? if so can u help me with what i should do now?

hi i just bought myself the 50 c 550 when i turned it on today for the first time i hadnt connected the cable connection it was on pc mode so the screen was black i could clearly see tensports logo and the big tv logo retained on the tv does this mean i was sold a showroom piece? if so can u help me with what i should do now?

you can check the usage hours using menu for the key combination search the forum... Did u see the tensports logo when you switched on the TV and you were on a diff channel? Fishy.....:indifferent14: .. check the usage hours on TV and MF date on the box... If you see more than 20 or 30 hours return the TV get a new one ... Mind you they can always reset and send back so try notedown the model number and serial numbers...

Good Luck.

just checked my viewing hours are 273 i asked for replacement but theyre saying it will take 20 days or the will refund my money in 3 days what should i opt for anyone know a good dealer in mumbai? i bought this from the samsung dealer called metro radio on sv road in bandra.

just checked my viewing hours are 273 i asked for replacement but theyre saying it will take 20 days or the will refund my money in 3 days what should i opt for anyone know a good dealer in mumbai? i bought this from the samsung dealer called metro radio on sv road in bandra.

take the refund and go for a diff model.

thanks for all the help guys, i asked for the refund like you said and they said theyd get back to me on the same, i tired finding the piece with different dealers but no one seems to have it in stock. does anyone know of a good trusted dealer, would really appreciate it. thanks in advance

thanks for all the help guys, i asked for the refund like you said and they said theyd get back to me on the same, i tired finding the piece with different dealers but no one seems to have it in stock. does anyone know of a good trusted dealer, would really appreciate it. thanks in advance

Forget this model and go for other one. PS50C6500 ...The same was bought by many members as group buy in HFV.. for 67.5k .

Good Luck,
Kittu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back