Samsung PS51E550 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Issues, etc.

Even I'm considering to buy this TV. At what price are you getting this TV? From which dealer? I hope it's still available with dealers.

yes...I live in talegaon which is exempted from octroi so may b that's the reason y the person is giving me for 72k...but with some negotiation may be till 70k he ll give....today I went to pune city and looked in almost all the Samsung plaza and Vijay sales as well as e zone and every one says it is for 78k without negotiation .....so I guess m getting a better deal...;) :yahoo: :yahoo:

BUT:sad: :sad:

at Samsung plaza near baner there are two models E490 and E550 side by side and every one in my family including me felt that the color as well as the brightness as well as sharpness was much better on E490... I checked the settings for both the TV and they were exactly the same....don't knw what was wrong.....:sad: :sad:
can some body please put some light on this matter....

e490 is half HD, so you cant watch bluray hi-res

That is untrue. You can very well watch BDs on HD-ready TV sets. It is just that with FHD sets you will be enjoy a little more, but more on 50" and above sets.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

@justkix please tell me which one to buy.....m pretty confused about the IR problems every ones talking about..... what to do??

You should buy what you like best and what fits into the budget. I knew about IR problems before and yet purchased the plasma. But you are you and I am what I am. IR is something to be careful about. I am not suffering because I am careful. In the bargain, I am getting wonderful picture quality which no other LED can offer me.

You should buy what you like best and what fits into the budget. I knew about IR problems before and yet purchased the plasma. But you are you and I am what I am. IR is something to be careful about. I am not suffering because I am careful. In the bargain, I am getting wonderful picture quality which no other LED can offer me.

Thanks....:clapping: :clapping: m going in evening to book my set.....will b home in few days....will post bout it....

Finally... finally after months of confusion and consideration, I took the plunge and bought myself Samsung 51E550 from Jumbo Ambience Mall Gurgaon for 74k... Samsung has again started Bluray player offer from 1st Jan to 28th Feb along with 2 3D bluray movies (both likely to be animated movies). Will get the TV in couple days after my cheque gets credited.

Had gone to buy Panasonic 50UT50 due to 3 years warranty but my wife was happy with colors on Samsung :D and somewhere deep inside I also wanted to buy Samsung. Tried negotiating hard but their manager said this is how far they can go as they have made some payment to Samsung for bluray player as well, so that is not entirely free for the retailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Finally... finally after months of confusion and consideration, I took the plunge and bought myself Samsung 51E550 from Jumbo Ambience Mall Gurgaon for 74k... Samsung has again started Bluray player offer from 1st Jan to 28th Feb along with 2 3D bluray movies (both likely to be animated movies). Will get the TV in couple days after my cheque gets credited.

Had gone to buy Panasonic 50UT50 due to 3 years warranty but my wife was happy with colors on Samsung :D and somewhere deep inside I also wanted to buy Samsung. Tried negotiating hard but their manager said this is how far they can go as they have made some payment to Samsung for bluray player as well, so that is not entirely free for the retailer.

are you serious??? they have again started bluray offer??? OMG.....:clapping::clapping: I have booked it my tv hasn't come yet...so probably I ll b entitled for that as well.....I bought it for 73....tomo I ll ask my dealer.....any one from pune can please confirm about the offer....

Any extender warranty offer?

whats the panel replacement policy of Samsung in case of Dead Pixel under warranty

Extended warranty is not there with the retailer - will check with samsung once tv arrives. He said Bajaj was offering that during Diwali only.

I was considering 51E8000GR but unfortunately it is discontinued.

The Model which was available for Demo was 51E470 and probably they did nit have it well set, the screen looked pretty dull...very dull. Not even 50% of quality of LED.

Which Bluray Player is with the scheme?

Is 51E550 brighter enough as compared to LED models like ES7000/7500?

Anyone trying to purchase this in Bangalore. i and my friend are planning to purchase one each here. anyone else would wish to join in would be great. we are open on the models depending on which one we would get a better price on. it would be great if more can join so we can negotiate a good deal.

Anyone trying to purchase this in Bangalore. i and my friend are planning to purchase one each here. anyone else would wish to join in would be great. we are open on the models depending on which one we would get a better price on. it would be great if more can join so we can negotiate a good deal.

I am in
however since I am based in Udaipur, I will need help in the shipment

no yar....same dealer but he said the prices have increased according to his latest price list.....thats y....

I see. Price seems to have increased by a couple of thousands post Diwali season. Has your TV been delivered to you? Did you check with the dealer about BD player?

I see. Price seems to have increased by a couple of thousands post Diwali season. Has your TV been delivered to you? Did you check with the dealer about BD player?

I ll get my tv delivered today ....:clapping: :clapping: that's what he said....lets wait and watch...I ll update u guys....

my new tv finally arrived tonight.....:)

manufacturing date is November 2012....ekdam fresh piece....:clapping: :yahoo: Samsung engineer is supposed to come tomo ...will keep u guys updated...and yes I also buyed Videocon d2h HD.....

Attachments

• WP_000891.jpg
    WP_000891.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 66
  • WP_000890.jpg
    WP_000890.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 69
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back