Satellite speakers and sub

Akshit2111

Hello
Can anybody explain to me the importance of satellite speakers when it comes to home theatre system. Like currently my system doesnt have one. Will it have a good impact on movies or whether it'll have any effect on music since music is supposed to be in stereo.
Also if you have bass heavy floorstanders,is it required to add sub then? Like what difference will i notice? (Although the bass i get is adequate for.my liking

Current gear
Fronts- polk audio ri a7
Centre csi a4
Avr pioneer vsx 831

Hello
Can anybody explain to me the importance of satellite speakers when it comes to home theatre system. Like currently my system doesnt have one. Will it have a good impact on movies or whether it'll have any effect on music since music is supposed to be in stereo.
Also if you have bass heavy floorstanders,is it required to add sub then? Like what difference will i notice? (Although the bass i get is adequate for.my liking

Current gear
Fronts- polk audio ri a7
Centre csi a4
Avr pioneer vsx 831

It would be better if you just have a single thread for your ht system as a whole instead of multiple threads as that makes it easier for you to collect information and people to see the whole picture and give you advice accordingly.

Satellite speakers are meant for small rooms......they are small speakers and are mostly not capable to produce low frequencies.....hence a sub is required to fulfill the gap.......

Music is decent enough...again it depends on brand to brand and the config of the satellite speakers...if one way or two way.....you cant really play them loud as they will start jarring...thats where bookshelf speakers come in the picture and then yes Floor standers....

Hope this addresses your query.....you can easily google this information.

Satellite speakers are meant for small rooms......they are small speakers and are mostly not capable to produce low frequencies.....hence a sub is required to fulfill the gap.......

Music is decent enough...again it depends on brand to brand and the config of the satellite speakers...if one way or two way.....you cant really play them loud as they will start jarring...thats where bookshelf speakers come in the picture and then yes Floor standers....

Hope this addresses your query.....you can easily google this information.
Sorry sir i actually meant surround speakers

It would be better if you just have a single thread for your ht system as a whole instead of multiple threads as that makes it easier for you to collect information and people to see the whole picture and give you advice accordingly.

It was a different topic sir so thought of getting it addressed it in a different thread..

Sorry sir i actually meant surround speakers

Surround speakers is meant for the special effects you get from rear speakers......for example...a plane moving from front to back or back to front...it creates presence ....just like the cinema experience you enjoy....for music not really much but helps to spread or envelope the sound in the room.....

Hope this helps....all this information is available on google and also on various threads already posted by members...please check

Surround speakers is meant for the special effects you get from rear speakers......for example...a plane moving from front to back or back to front...it creates presence ....just like the cinema experience you enjoy....for music not really much but helps to spread or envelope the sound in the room.....

Hope this helps....all this information is available on google and also on various threads already posted by members...please check

Thank you sir. One more thing in order to invest in surround speakers we need stands also. And i have been looking over the internet and quite confused like do i really need stands or should i wall mount it and also i could find stands that were either too expensive or too cheap. Whats the difference. And is every surround spekers wall mountable. ?

Any speaker can be used for surrounds, even floorstanders. All satellites and small bookshelves have wall mounting capability. Satellites will usually come with wall mounts.

Any speaker can be used for surrounds, even floorstanders. All satellites and small bookshelves have wall mounting capability. Satellites will usually come with wall mounts.

When i demoed for a bose HTS they told me that i need to buy wall mounts separate which was worth 12000/-(one of the reasons i had to get go of it)but i guess thats the case with bose only....i didnt know that wall mounts come standard with satellite speakers. So this means If i wish to buy polk audio tl1 or tl2 as my surround speakers ill be getting mounts as standard in the box? Also if in case i wish to go with second hand gear then in that ill have to buy mounts separately?

Polk satellites as well as OWM3/5 have keyhole slots at the back, no separate wall mounts required. Same holds true for any bookshelf speakers with keyhole slots. Q acoustics compact speakers require separate mounts, each costs 3k I believe.

S
Polk satellites as well as OWM3/5 have keyhole slots at the back, no separate wall mounts required. Same holds true for any bookshelf speakers with keyhole slots. Q acoustics compact speakers require separate mounts, each costs 3k I believe.

Since for surrounds i am a little short on space, ill prefer to wall mount it but the thing is if i use keyhole slots will i be able to angle the speakers towards me..is it possible if we are not using mounts?

Go for Polk OWM3 then, it has seven possible tilting/positioning options. I am using it in my setup as surrounds with tilt downwards.

When i demoed for a bose HTS they told me that i need to buy wall mounts separate which was worth 12000/-(one of the reasons i had to get go of it)but i guess thats the case with bose only....i didnt know that wall mounts come standard with satellite speakers. So this means If i wish to buy polk audio tl1 or tl2 as my surround speakers ill be getting mounts as standard in the box? Also if in case i wish to go with second hand gear then in that ill have to buy mounts separately?

12,000 for satellite wall mounts :p is crazy... FYI, wall / ceiling mount brackets from MX (indian brand) would cost you 200 - 300 Rs each;)

Since for surrounds i am a little short on space, ill prefer to wall mount it but the thing is if i use keyhole slots will i be able to angle the speakers towards me..is it possible if we are not using mounts?

If mounting & tilting to your listening position is not feasible, consider a Bi-pole speaker for surrounds..

Most small satellite speakers come with mounting hardware..Slightly bigger ones not necessarily come with mounting hardware..

If you need to tilt the speaker to your listening position then look for a speaker with key hole mounts & mounting thread (usually a small hole at the rear of the speaker).. This will give you the advantage of tilting the speaker based on your needs..

Otherwise pick any 14inch TV stand (Abt 400 Rs) from local electronic shop, which have horizontal tilt and a very small amount of vertical tilt.. You can place any speaker on it and use the horizontal tilt to fire the speaker to your listening position..

Below image for Example..
wall-mounted-tv-stand-250x250.jpg

12,000 for satellite wall mounts :p is crazy... FYI, wall / ceiling mount brackets from MX (indian brand) would cost you 200 - 300 Rs each;)

If mounting & tilting to your listening position is not feasible, consider a Bi-pole speaker for surrounds..

Most small satellite speakers come with mounting hardware..Slightly bigger ones not necessarily come with mounting hardware..

If you need to tilt the speaker to your listening position then look for a speaker with key hole mounts & mounting thread (usually a small hole at the rear of the speaker).. This will give you the advantage of tilting the speaker based on your needs..

Otherwise pick any 14inch TV stand (Abt 400 Rs) from local electronic shop, which have horizontal tilt and a very small amount of vertical tilt.. You can place any speaker on it and use the horizontal tilt to fire the speaker to your listening position..

Below image for Example..
wall-mounted-tv-stand-250x250.jpg
Thank you so much :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back