Sennheiser HD599 vs Philips SHP9500

spriyadarshi

i was planning to buy a pair of hd 599's until i came across shp9500 and going by the reviews they seem like an amazing deal. Please help me to choose wisely as i'm just beginning to enter the world of quality audio and this would be my first pair of open back headphones,i would mainly be using it for long hours of casual music(rock,pop,electronic)

are you buying the philips from India ? The price used to be half of the current price 2 years ago! Go for hd 560s. That’s the best you can get now under 20k. It undercuts many higher tier headphones in several areas. Also buy an amp to drive these headphones

I recently acquired a Hifiman Deva for a great price from an Indian dealer and having heard both your target Headphones, I find the Deva way better sounding in every department especially for the genres you have mentioned.

are you buying the philips from India ? The price used to be half of the current price 2 years ago! Go for hd 560s. That’s the best you can get now under 20k. It undercuts many higher tier headphones in several areas. Also buy an amp to drive these headphones
the hd 599se and shp9500 both are available at 7-8k and unfortunately thats the limit of my budget too as this is my first purchase with my own money

i was planning to buy a pair of hd 599's until i came across shp9500 and going by the reviews they seem like an amazing deal. Please help me to choose wisely as i'm just beginning to enter the world of quality audio and this would be my first pair of open back headphones,i would mainly be using it for long hours of casual music(rock,pop,electronic)
Hi, I'm using SHP9500 and it is amazing hp. I found it better to my ATH m50x..when I received Beyerdynamics dt990 pro...m50x looks like noob to me now.

@dinesh1201 yeah i never understood the hype around m50x, there just isn't anything special going on for them
I've also used HD598 in the past and it's a beautifully sounded hp, don't know why this Phillips sounds so good :cool: to me. It's very good with 50mm driver, 32 Ohm ..drives very easily. However, Beyer DT990 Pro-250 Ohm is my favourite now :)

@dinesh1201 what amp do you use? also arent the highs too fatiguing in beyerdynamics? i've had my eye on them for quite a while and the only issue stopping me was the reviews of them often hitting harsh highs

@dinesh1201 what amp do you use? also arent the highs too fatiguing in beyerdynamics? i've had my eye on them for quite a while and the only issue stopping me was the reviews of them often hitting harsh highs
They go high but not much that sounds like they are screaming to your ears :) I use it on my PC using FiiO K3 DAC, it has a preamp, gain and bass switch. The phone can't handle it... even the PC not able to push it much. I do not listen to high volumes. So tweaking the EQ helps.

Purchasing via ubuy.co.in may not be cost effective as the Total cost (including Shipping & Customs) comes around 15.5K which is more than 200% of MRP.
This is why I was curious to know where the shp9500 was selling at so low in India. This is a worth buy only if you can source it from USA directly.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back