Serio amp. Hk 675

S.P.KRISHNA

I am being offerred a used Sterio Amp of HK 675 . Before auditioning it Iwould like to know whether it can be paired with Diamond 9.5 and will the HK AMP better than cambridge Azur 640 V2 .

Thanks

Hi:

Never heard the 675, but seems a serious 2-channel amp with 75 wrms, but how it gels with the 9.5 is in question here - need to be cautious here with HK's not-so-good reputation in stereo department.

Having said that, if you're getting the used 675 for a very good price, cheaper than the 640, then nothing wrong in taking the plunge.

:)

audition the amp before you buy it. i didnt really like the hk for music. also from what i;ve seen hk sells for a lot more in india that it does in america when compared to nad / cambridge etc so it might be overvalued here

Thanks to Mr. vinod and afj . The offer is for 15K . There are no specific inputs about these amps any where and with the limited information I have
I feel that this amp has a good base similar to the yamaha low end Amps.,without any good Highs and Mids . Any way an audition of the amp is to done.

Regards

Thanks to Mr. vinod and afj . The offer is for 15K . There are no specific inputs about these amps any where and with the limited information I have
I feel that this amp has a good base similar to the yamaha low end Amps.,without any good Highs and Mids . Any way an audition of the amp is to done.

Regards

the bass on the hks are really good. very tight and big and forward. definitely way better than a low end yamaha. even better than most yamahas. mids are disjointed and highs are harsh. excellent sound separation though

yes, pls audition it and share your experience. I always felt very positive of HK, even the new models like their stereo receiver.

Re: Sterio amp. Hk 675

I had auditioned the HK 675 which was with me for 3 days. It was a solid amp built robustly and weighing 11kg approx. It was 75W per channel at 8 ohms and may be approx 95 to 100w at 6 ohms. My 9.5 was 150w at 6 ohms at 87db. Player was sony DVD. As I had switched on I was amazed at its real raw power by which it has driven the speakers and the power specifications are not inflated. The amp has a solid base and tight , Good forward mids and the last where it had failed is on high frequencies to an extent of 40%. It had also lacked punch at low volumes and as the volume is increased the lows are incresed more than highs . Overall this amp did not impress me as I hear more of carnatic , telugu and hits from Tamil and Hindi where I prefer the highs more to be pronounced. Of course those who prefer Good base and mids over highs this is a good amp with raw power and can drive any towers. Though the final price offerred to me was 13K , which is very good price, I decided not to go with it.

Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back