Servicing/Repair a stereo amp (Norge) in HYD

rahuln

Hi,

My Norge Audio 2060 amp conked off couple of weeks back. The power on/off switch is not working. The Norge Audio don’t have any local service station. I tired visiting the Vector Systems as suggested by the amp manufacture but they are not interested in fixing the amp.

I would like to get it done from a reliable source.

Thanks

Why not ask Norge itself to get it fixed? Might cost you extra shipping money, but should get working as good as new.

I work closely with transportation teams and I know how the goods are handled. As much as possible I avoid shipping. In fact, I went to Norge office to pick-up the amp when I purchased it. I would really like to get it fixed locally. I think it should be simple fix to replace to on/off switch.

I work closely with transportation teams and I know how the goods are handled. As much as possible I avoid shipping. In fact, I went to Norge office to pick-up the amp when I purchased it. I would really like to get it fixed locally. I think it should be simple fix to replace to on/off switch.

If it is only power switch issue... we can guide you if are ready to DIY...

Try Archana electronics in secbad

Update: Finally, I got the amp fixed from Vector System technician. Initially, he diagnosed it to be a power switch failure and asked for 1000 INR to fix it. Since, I had no other option, I agreed to it. But after bringing it home, as soon I plugged it in, my MCB tripped off. So, I took it back for repairs. There was some more damage and it costed additional 500 INR to fix it.

My system is working like new again but it took 5 round trips and 1500 INR to get there.

Unfortunately, I think it damaged the headphone out of TV which was connected to amp. Not sure if it was after fixing or before.

Thanks

@rahuln Hope you dont connect the amp to headphone out again. You are not supposed to do that. Amp requires a line in.

@rahuln Hope you dont connect the amp to headphone out again. You are not supposed to do that. Amp requires a line in.
I did the same, connected headphone out to amp. What we can use here to get the line out to amp? I am using the 3.5 mm to RCA cable. I use it once in a week, weekends for one or two movie.. My TV is LG 32 inch LED.

I did the same, connected headphone out to amp. What we can use here to get the line out to amp? I am using the 3.5 mm to RCA cable. I use it once in a week, weekends for one or two movie.. My TV is LG 32 inch LED.
What other outputs do you have on your TV. Do you have line out on your set-top box?

There are two main reason to use the headphone out. One there is no other analog audio out on the TV and second since the amp doesn't have a remote, I use the TV volume to control to amp volume. This is not possible with optical out. Out of curiosity, what's wrong in connecting the headphone out to amp?

There are two main reason to use the headphone out. One there is no other analog audio out on the TV and second since the amp doesn't have a remote, I use the TV volume to control to amp volume. This is not possible with optical out. Out of curiosity, what's wrong in connecting the headphone out to amp?
I had the same question when I connected phone’s and laptop’s headphone out to amp directly. The technical reason I don’t know yet, but when I connected through a Bluetooth receiver, saw the significant change on quality...

I had the same question when I connected phone’s and laptop’s headphone out to amp directly. The technical reason I don’t know yet, but when I connected through a Bluetooth receiver, saw the significant change on quality...
Headphone out should not be directly connected to line in of amps, but if it has to be connected, then it should be through a buffer.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back