Setup Budget Home theatre

magic.murugan

Hi,

Am from chennai.

Am planning to setup a budget home theatre at my home.

I have a Bedroom which is 19 X 20 out of that 3 or 4 will go for attached bath. The room will be Dark moslty since it has only one window and that too not very big. So even in day time we close the windows using a curtain and the bed room door it will dark enough.

One end we are having our bed and rest of the place is free. We can lie on the floor relaxly or recliner or chair for wathcing the movies.

And am ready to spend upto 30k for this. that too after couple of months [ need to do some savings for this purpose ] If 30k is not enough and i need to invest more money means i need to wait and make some more savings to get it.

Am planning to use it with DVD / DTH TV. not with computer. Even if i need to use it in future it will be minimal.

Can any one help me to set it up.

Sethu Murugan

Welcome Sethu to HFV.

With your budget you are looking into buying home theatre package. Why don't you have a look at the AV Sources > Home Theatre section for some directions.

Also depends on how much of a quality you opt for. If you don't have the money now, you can go for a 2.1 setup now and add the other speakers later. Do you have a DVD player already?

Thank you for your responses.

Actually, Iam not expecting a mini satyam theatre to be setup in my home, I mean I do not want superier quality, since for that I might need to invest a lot which is defenitly not possible for me. At the same time, I like watching movies big screen than a 32 inchs LCD or LED TVs. So a normal LCD projector would be more than enough for me.

Am dreaming of this kind for past 2 - 3 years. unfortunately i was not in a position to set it up. Now I can do it. That is why I have started this process.

Why I had 30k fixed in mind was, couple of months back when I visited a Mall in bangalore, there was a display of some projector which was labled around 30k.

Yes I have a DVD player. It is onida player which is around 5 years old. I might change to some new player which has USB support also. Mostly I download [ not a cam print ] movies from net and convert that into DVDs and then play it in my DVD player. If i have USB support, I need not to create DVD I can directly watch the movies from pen drive.

Regarding Audio, I dont mind starting with normal speakers which I have already then later I can enchance to 5.1.

No am not looking for TV.. Am looking only projectors. Am concentrating on that only. If i could find some decent projector in chennai less that 30k also well and good.

couple of vendors contacted me with various options. But since at that time I was not in a position to buy I did not looked into at that time.

And I do not have any problem with players. I think what ever I have now is more than enough I belive.

Hey frnd.. I went thru the links you have provided. It seems to be interesting. Actually what it does. I do not come to a conclution based on the description given there.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back