Sharp XR-10s problem - no throw

exljp

I have the sharp xr-10s, it has no throw or the throw became very faint. Anyone has any idea what could be the problem? There is a lamp indicator which shows green. As per the manual, if the bulb is towards the end of its life, it turns orange and then later it becomes red. But in this case, it is still green which means the lamp is ok.
Thanks

Beaming

The filter requires cleaning at intervals depending upon the dust around. If cleaning is long over due then maybe that is why the beaming is faint.

Manoj and others can throw better light on this matter.

V.

Re: Beaming

I dont remember we cleaned anything ever on this projector and it is in use for the last 5-6 years or more, but sparingly. Can this filter cleaning can be done by us or we have to give it to some professional service guys? Anyone can recommend service guys, preferably around Koramangala, Bangalore?
The filter requires cleaning at intervals depending upon the dust around. If cleaning is long over due then maybe that is why the beaming is faint.

Manoj and others can throw better light on this matter.

V.

After going thru the manual and checking the projector, i realised there is no filter for this model. So problem seems to be something else. Anyone knows any service guys for sharp projectors?

After going thru the manual and checking the projector, i realised there is no filter for this model. So problem seems to be something else.
Considering that projector has been in use for 5-6 years, could it be that bulb has become very weak? If possible, please try out a replacement bulb yourself before letting yourself be ripped off by service guys.

No, as per the manual, if the bulb has a problem, the lamp indicator is supposed to turn orange towards its end of life and then turn red when it is completely gone. But in this case the lamp indicator is green which means it is still good. Even though projector is old, it is very sparingly used.

In most projectors the internal lamp timer is based on the number of hours the lamp has been lit. In your case perhaps the LED is timed to become orange after 1500 hours and red after 2000 hours or something like that. The current state of electronics in most normal PJs cannot actually measure the lumens output of the bulb and set the LED accordingly. Therefore if the lamp fails in an untimely manner (perhaps owing to power fluctuations or outages) the LED timer will not predict the failure.

In most such cases replacing the bulb is the only solution.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back