Shopping for a 55" 4K TV

Congrats on your new purchase deepak! Im also planning on buying the 55B6T.

I was going to purchase a VU 65" tv (135k) then i saw this majestic OLED and i have been seduced by it. [emoji7] now saving up another lac more to buy it.

Congrats on your new purchase deepak! Im also planning on buying the 55B6T.

I was going to purchase a VU 65" tv (135k) then i saw this majestic OLED and i have been seduced by it. [emoji7] now saving up another lac more to buy it.

Thanks
I also wanted share that LG is providing 2 year panel warranty with the OLED models. Not sure about what is the warranty for other models of LG / flagship models of Sony/Samsung. I know LECO is providing 4 years warranty.

Finally bought the B6 55" today, expected delivery in 5-7 days. My current TV is Sony W series, running flawlessly for around 9-10 years. Hopefully LG is serious about making good tvs that last, the customer expectations are very high for a 2 lacs+ item. BTW, is a stabilizer is required for LG? I have been running my Sony TV + Bose home theatre without any stabilizer all these years through a belkin surge protector without any issue. If so, which stabilizer should I buy?

Finally bought the B6 55" today, expected delivery in 5-7 days. My current TV is Sony W series, running flawlessly for around 9-10 years. Hopefully LG is serious about making good tvs that last, the customer expectations are very high for a 2 lacs+ item. BTW, is a stabilizer is required for LG? I have been running my Sony TV + Bose home theatre without any stabilizer all these years through a belkin surge protector without any issue. If so, which stabilizer should I buy?

Welcome to the B6 club :)

Yes - it is good to have the stabilizer. I have been using (with my setup of LCD+ Denon AVR +DTH) V-Guard Crystal

What was the price you bought, are you from Bangalore? it seems everywhere it is out of stock now and delivery is promised only next week

I recently bought TCL Ultra HD 55" L55P1US model, for approx. Rs. 47k.
I am quite happy with the panel; good blacks etc. (But I am not really an expert, so can't compare in professional manner with top brands).

It is smart TV, basically running android. I could even install Google Playstore (but yet to login and experiment). Standard apps are there (Youtube, Skype, TED, TuneIn ...).

Interfaces: 3 HDMI - with one MHL, one ARC, Digital (SPDIF) and Analog audio out, 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0.

I verified that it runs 4k video (run from USB 3.0). But not sure if it was 60p. I have to find a way to check it. From youtube app, you can run upto 1080p.

I am also very happy with YuppTV: Start on mobile, cast it to Roku. HD channels are casted at 720p and upconverted to 1080p. The YuppTV app is also pre-installed on TV, but unable to get it to take my credentials. In touch with YuppTV support to get it working. Apparently they work only with few brands like sony and LG.

The remote doesn't have Air mouse functionality. But TCL's nScreen app on mobile fills that gap and provides very good remote functionalities from mobile.

The package contains wall mounts. And installation is free. The folks came the same day (in Pune).

The service engineer said that he is installing almost 5 TVs in Pune every day.
So perhaps TCL is gaining some traction.

Welcome to the B6 club :)

Yes - it is good to have the stabilizer. I have been using (with my setup of LCD+ Denon AVR +DTH) V-Guard Crystal

What was the price you bought, are you from Bangalore? it seems everywhere it is out of stock now and delivery is promised only next week
Thanks for the details. Isn't that stabilizer underpowered for a 55" tv? I'm from Mumbai, pm for the price details please

Oled prices would go down in next few years and its big investment on TV which is still not established only LG is pushing for Oled

Bro how much more means ? 30k to 40k is fine if it's 1L then it's not little

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 dual sim using Tapatalk

As I have seen the best quotes for 55UH850 is around 1.60L, may be you can go till 1.50L if you bargain.

LG 55B6T- you will be able to get for 2.18L in Devi Jayanagar. In other places they will quote between 2.3L to 2.5L
So you if you are ready to spend extra 50K, then it is worth going to OLED now

Thanks for the details. Isn't that stabilizer underpowered for a 55" tv? I'm from Mumbai, pm for the price details please

I have been using this for last 5+ years, with my 46inch LCD+ Denon AVR, Subwoofer, DTH + Media player.
Definitely no issues for 55 inch too

I bought this around 5 years back, not aware of the latest price - it will around 2K

Oled prices would go down in next few years and its big investment on TV which is still not established only LG is pushing for Oled

If you ask me OLED prices are gone down comparatively.
I was on the lookout for 55' Sony X93D, Samsung KS7000 initially. Sony X93D best quotes are probably around 2.3L, KS7000 probably is around 2.1 to 2.2L

Compared to that if you are getting OLED for this price it is worth going.

As my reading OLED prices will come down to help in manufacturing lower size OLED TV. Since manufacturing cost for this is high, they are manufacturing this only in bigger sizes 55' inch above. In couple of years they are looking at having this in 32' inch also.

Guys, I received my OLED B6 and its working great. But I am unable to map the Tata sky STB guide button to the LG magic Remote STB Guide button. The channel up-down is working.
Also, I am unable to properly pair by Bose 321 system with the LG remote, I couldn't identify which option I should select while configuring the Bose.
Because of this i have to keep using the bose remote as well as the LG remote for smart features which is quite inconvenient. Anyone has any idea about this? The TV software is the latest one from Sep 2016.

Guys, I received my OLED B6 and its working great. But I am unable to map the Tata sky STB guide button to the LG magic Remote STB Guide button. The channel up-down is working.
Also, I am unable to properly pair by Bose 321 system with the LG remote, I couldn't identify which option I should select while configuring the Bose.
Because of this i have to keep using the bose remote as well as the LG remote for smart features which is quite inconvenient. Anyone has any idea about this? The TV software is the latest one from Sep 2016.
Congrats on your new TV.
You are from which location, when did got it delivered?
I am from Bangalore, booked on 10th-Sept, and not yet delivered. Dealer is saying he has not yet got stock :(

Congrats on your new TV.
You are from which location, when did got it delivered?
I am from Bangalore, booked on 10th-Sept, and not yet delivered. Dealer is saying he has not yet got stock :(
Thanks.. I am from Mumbai. It got delivered and installed within 8 days. As expected the LG installation guys were clueless and I had to fix everything..

Also how is the Tata Sky HD looking on this TV? is it upscaling fine?
HD looks great.. SD upscaling is good too but don't expect miracles. I guess you would have checked these things in the store before buying the TV right.

Back