Shopping for a 55" 4K TV

HD looks great.. SD upscaling is good too but don't expect miracles. I guess you would have checked these things in the store before buying the TV right.

Yes, I have checked HD in stores (but Store guys use shared cable connection, so HD channels do not look that great in stores on 4K TV), but not SD. Anyway do not watch much SD content now with Tata sky providing so many HD channels

Nice! Did you get a soundbar with it?

Im planning to buy the same tv and meanwhile looking for a good soundbar.
Sound bar comes as an offer from LG, I asked him reduce that amount. This price is after reducing that amount.

I do not need a sound bar, as I already have good 5.1 system

Hi Sunster

I am also on currently look out for 55 4K model.

Currently I am also considering following models

Below are the few things I have compared - to which you can probably add on to arrive at your decision.

LGUH850T - supports both Dolby Vision and HDR10
This is based on IPS panel - that would mean black levels are not as great compared to VGA panel based models like Sony and Samsung.
WebOS - Probably best software among with three
Price - Cheapest among the three
HDR - which is next big thing - the implementation is not per the industry standards and weakest among the three.

Samsung KS7000 - Supports only HDR10
Based on VGA panel - black levels are great
Tizon software - better than Sonys Android, but not great was LG WebOS
Price - between LG and Sony
HDR - implementation is better than LG and comparable to Sony

Sony X930D - Supports only HDR10
Based on VGA panel - black levels are great
Android software - Not so positive feedback compared to other 2
Price - Expensive of the 3
HDR - implementation is better than LG and Samsung for this model as per the reviews

As per the reviews across Rtings, Flatpanesl, 4K, AVForum etc
Sony has the best PQ, and next is Samsung and followed by LG

Regards

Deepak

Buddy just noticed this - Its PVA and not VGA panel :)

Sound bar comes as an offer from LG, I asked him reduce that amount. This price is after reducing that amount.

I do not need a sound bar, as I already have good 5.1 system
Hmm, you should have checked in a few more stores. I got the free soundbar and bluray pack (still awaited) along with the tv and the total price was still a little lower than yours. BTW, the soundbar is not a base one, it retails for 16k+.

Hmm, you should have checked in a few more stores. I got the free soundbar and bluray pack (still awaited) along with the tv and the total price was still a little lower than yours. BTW, the soundbar is not a base one, it retails for 16k+.

I have seen that for most of the models (not just LG or this specific) model, the price varies between Bangalore and Mumbai. This was the best price I got in Bangalore after checking in 10+ stores.

Thanks.. I am from Mumbai. It got delivered and installed within 8 days. As expected the LG installation guys were clueless and I had to fix everything..

congrats @server3249

which tv have you upgraded from? how does it compare to them. would love to know esp if you've had a plasma

how is the wall mount which comes with the tv? is it a fixed one or can you extend it outwards from the wall? the mount that i got with my previous tv was fixed so it was very difficult to access the connectors on the side of the panel sometimes.

also, would you mind sharing how much you got it for ?

My ht setup. ..
LG 55 E6T OLED
Yamaha RX-V 675
Wharfedale Diamond 10.5 towers
Polk Csi-A6 centre
Panasonic BDT -230 bluray player
Airtel HD+ STB

Attachments

• Fotor_14747776589328.jpg
    Fotor_14747776589328.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 145
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back