Should i get the Oppo BD 83 multi region now?

the player retails at around 1249 US on amazon. Tht it was a reasonable price. The hassle of transporting and customs is not there. Moreover its available in limited quantities these days.

Oppo will be quick to start,but HTPC is flexible machine which can play upcoming future format.Even with few Hardware twicks you can use it as new device.
In my case I DL in background & PC is on mostly,so I dont have to wait.

@Spirovious..thank you for your comment. Yes HTPC is sure flexible. But for my purpose the Oppo serves me adequately. Ive got it and enjoying it!

the player retails at around 1249 US on amazon. Tht it was a reasonable price. The hassle of transporting and customs is not there. Moreover its available in limited quantities these days.

Looks like you got OPPO-83 SE for the price you mentioned... Check and revert...

Regards

No..It is the 83...presently the oppo 83 new is sold out on amazon. The SE retails at 1349. But its not multi region.

The price is hell a lot u have payed.:mad:. U paid the price of Oppo 83SE:indifferent14:... Still Oppo-83 is available for $599 in ebay-USA and used in the range of $475 and up..

Yea i know that..But you are talking about USA prices. Bringing it inside India unless you can carry it yourself is still expensive. There is also the process of modding it. Did you check the price of the modded unit on ebay?

Yea i know that..But you are talking about USA prices. Bringing it inside India unless you can carry it yourself is still expensive. There is also the process of modding it. Did you check the price of the modded unit on ebay?

Yes, modded unit cost $599 and for shipping it will be around $100 + customs will be around approx $100= Less than 40K INR.

hi Muradasa, i have the Oppo BDP83 and the Epson 1080UB Pro. I found the Oppo far better than the sonys and pannys i had tried, but surprisingly slightly inferior to a HTPC that i had built with an inexpensive ATI Radeon 4550 card- Im talking about out of the box settings. However with a bit of color adjustment they were equal, though 4550 delivered more "punch" in certain discs. That said, Im heavily biased towards Oppo's world class service and their product update policies.
Rosh

Interesting observation regarding htpc over oppo. I have a similar htpc setup and I was thinking of adding a oppo and was exactly thinking along similar lines as to what would be the incremental benefit of oppo over htpc with ati 4550. I am convinced that it is not going to be much.

Thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back