Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

@Ramanuj lovely set up that you have. Your quest for a fulfilling audio set up has brought you here. I have always appreciated your knowledge on audio & good music. You are the man behind my foray into tubes. Kudos man.

BTW, I have recently laid my hands on GE tubes apart from Bell. Those are absolute beauty.

Sourav
Great Sourav. GE tubes are absolutely fabulous.

Hi all,
Posting a picture of my listening room
The diffusers are diy's built with the bbc spec (online)with the help of my HT carpenter.Those are also fixed on the ceiling.
My speakers are Avalon indra&Wilson wattpuppy 5.
Power amplifiers are Cary audio sa500.1(monoblocks)
Preamp is again Cary audio slp-05
The CDP is sim audio moon eclipse with a onboard DAC which I'm also using for my Sonos streamer.
I have recently added a PS audio power regenerator to the system which improved the overall experience to the next level.

Cheers guys...✨ Happy listening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-02-15-46-32-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-02-15-46-32-10.jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 227
Hi all,
Posting a picture of my listening room
The diffusers are diy's built with the bbc spec (online)with the help of my HT carpenter.Those are also fixed on the ceiling.
My speakers are Avalon indra&Wilson wattpuppy 5.
Power amplifiers are Cary audio sa500.1(monoblocks)
Preamp is again Cary audio slp-05
The CDP is sim audio moon eclipse with a onboard DAC which I'm also using for my Sonos streamer.
I have recently added a PS audio power regenerator to the system which improved the overall experience to the next level.

Cheers guys...✨ Happy listening.
Nice look.

Setup my new vinyl station. Though this is my secondary setup, this is where my speakers sound best in my house. During listening sessions, I pull out the speakers a feet or two in order to aid depth of soundstage though it still sounds very good as is.

The setup is:
Rega Planar 1
Marantz PM6006 (using its inbuilt phono stage)
Chord Mojo connected through Audioquest Tower Interconnects and Audioquest Pearl USB cable (far left corner)
KEF Q350s connected through DAC Silverstreak cables and perched on MMT Acoustix isolation pads which are angled up

20210330_010418 - Copy.jpg

Setup my new vinyl station. Though this is my secondary setup, this is where my speakers sound best in my house. During listening sessions, I pull out the speakers a feet or two in order to aid depth of soundstage though it still sounds very good as is.

The setup is:
Rega Planar 1
Chord Mojo connected through Audioquest Tower Interconnects and Audioquest Pearl USB cable (far left corner)
KEF Q350s connected through DAC Silverstreak cables and perched on MMT Acoustix isolation pads which are angled up

View attachment 55797
Lovely. Now to post pictures of the newly acquired amp and the Quads. :)

Lovely. Now to post pictures of the newly acquired amp and the Quads. :)
Very Soon! :)

Trying it out with the Evos right now.

Somehow, the pairing is far from stellar. And that's surprising since I thought the distinct treble on the CXA81 would add some character to the rather safe treble and some dynamic punch to the warm and laidback nature of the Evos.

My initial gripe with the Evo + Marantz pairing was that it was too much of a good thing i.e. a warm amplifier with a warm speaker lacked the getup and go needed during certain tracks.

However, while the warmth has been toned down by the CXA81 as it is ever so slightly on the cooler side, the Evos are still lacking in dynamics and the treble sounds a bit more prominent but not necessarily nicer.

Out of curiosity, when i switched the speaker cables to the DAC Silverstreak, the result was a rather shrill and screechy higher frequencies which i couldn't listen to for too long. Never thought I'd ever say that about the Evos. At first, I thought it was my imagination because when i powered the KEF Q350s through the Silverstreak, they sounded snappy, detailed, and remained smooth throughout on the same tracks without every being harsh. To confirm, I switched back to the Mogami cables and that surely reigned in the hot top end which resulted from the silverstreak+evo combination.

To my ears so far, the Evo 4.2 sound better with the Marantz PM6006 and SR6013 than the CXA81 so far.

Next on the list is to introduce a tube buffer and gauge the results. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Got a Denon DCD 2500NE sometime back after a lot of reading, reviewing, staying awake late nights :) , listening. And have to say this thing is phenomenal for the price it comes and the build quality is brilliant too. Can't be happier.

View attachment 54600
Congrats

The setup is:
Rega Planar 1

View attachment 55797
Awesome looking setup, enjoy listening..

Took far too long to post this. Here goes;
  • A Denon AVR-3312 AV Receiver
  • B&W DM308 front speakers
  • B&W CC#3 center channel
  • Welling WS8 Sub woofer
  • Sony UBP-X700 Blu Ray/CD player
  • No surround speakers
  • My digital audio feed is via YouTube Music App, music purchased from HD Tracks and lots of CD's
The placement of all equipment is far from ideal. Not happy about the amplifier sitting right behind the speaker and I don't want to cram it under the shelf below as there isn't sufficient ventilation. I live in a rental so don't want to bother the landlord to drill into the wall to mount the TV, which is totally possible. I am working on a solution for this.

It took a while to get the sub integrated into system. Its always on now, even for stereo. Subs are great for music, as I've just discovered. I used to be someone who took a hard stand about no sub woofers for music. Boy did I miss something.

The man on the screen in none other than Steve Guttenberg. I love his You Tube channel. Insightful views of being in this hobby. He has seen it all. From working at a dealer selling audio gear, to writing for cnet and doing his own thing now. The good thing is he listens to a lot of different equipment, right from cheap to expensive and nearly all of it gets a thumbs up. Proof that you don't need to empty your wallets for good sound. I learnt this the hard way.
IMG_20210505_133201.jpg

....... live in a rental so don't want to bother the landlord to drill into the wall to mount the TV, which is totally possible. I am working on a solution for this.
You have nice setup. You can get a TV stand mount which can fit your existing table or can be replaced with complete rack+stand unit. Some thing like the below ones.

FM @magma of Sound foundation may help you with customized solution.

Last edited:
Finally got my second REL T9i and just about done with the initial break in... had to gradually dial down bass by 3 notches after approx 20 hours - yet to experiment with optimal positioning so for now, here's a sneak peak:

In the pic:
1. Top Rack: (1) Chord Mojo - connected to the laptop through Audioquest Pearl and to the CXA81 through Audioquest Goldengate (2) iFi Zen DAC - connected to the CXA81 through ifi 4.4mm Pentaconn to XLR balanced cable (3) FX Audio Tube 03 (GE tubes), (4) FX Audio DP-02 (5) Crown XLS 1502 - connected to the pre-outs of the Cambridge Audio CXA81 with Mogami Gold interconnects
2. Second shelf: Quad SC-2 centre channel
3. Third shelf: Cambridge Audio CXA81
4. Bottom shelf: Marantz SR6013
5. Left trunk: Laptop - which is the primary source for most content and connected to the CXA81, ifi Zen DAC and Chord Mojo through its USB and to the Marantz SR6013 through HDMI.
6. Right trunk: Playstation 3 (60GB) - the very first "FAT" PS3 which was launched with backward compatibility for playstation 2, 4 usb ports and a card reader - quite a curious beast and way ahead of its time at launch. Never ever getting rid of it.
7. Centre Trunk - MiniDSP Umik-1, Hifiman HE400i
8. Corners : Dual REL T9is
9. Foreground - (1) KEF Q350's, - through Mogami 2972's (2) Quad S5's - through DAC 10 AWG

20210507_013106.jpg

Last edited:
I have made a video on the tour of my Hometheatre and in depth experience as multiple people have been asking me about it. Its a very long video but I have added chapters, so you can skip to them if you want a specific segment.

Input Gear:
AVR - Denon x3700
Speakers - Taga Harmony Tav606v3
Height Speakers - Micca Covos
Subwoofer - Taga Harmony TSW-212 SE
Xbox Series X plays
Acer Nitro 5
Jio Setup box
Amazon Echo

Most of my music listening is done through Amazon Echo via Aux to 3700 and on Direct or Pure direct mode and 10% on stero. I do have Tidal account, but won't be renewing it, I am satisfied with Amazon.

Streaming is done by Xbox or Jio Setup box.
Movies come in from a laptop.

Loving the home theater journey more things to come in future.

Do let me know your views and suggestions on the video.

Hello ,
When I relocated from the US (to Israel ) , shipped all the audio gear to India . Its still in the process being set up .
Have tried to make 2 stations/corners ,all 2.1 .

Analog Corner:-
Speakers- Tektons Mini Lore .
Turn table - Project Carbon Debut
Phono pre amp -Emotiva PTA-100
Power amp- Emotiva XPA 5
Sub - Polk Micro 1000
Tube gear - Yaqin VK2100 Integrated amp
-Yaqin MC13s Integrated amp
cables- Amazon basic.

Digital Corner:-
Speakers: Tekton Lore
DAC : Emotiva-XDA-2
Pre Amp - Emotiva USP-1
Power Amp - XPA2 X 2 nos , Bridged for 1000 W RMS each.
Sub- PSA Audio,750w, 18 inch driver sealed body
Tube Buffer-Yaqin with NOS Sovtek tubes.
Gaming Console- X box-1

TV- LG 60 inch + Airtel Dish TV .

Source: HP pavillon i7 4th gen with Spotify/Tidal /WD streaming media player .

Racks - SANUS .

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 310
  • audio11.jpg
    audio11.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 308
  • audio21.jpg
    audio21.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 305
Here is my set-up with the following

a) B&W CM Series - Front, Center and surround speakers
b) REL t1 Subwoofer
c) LV OLED 65 c9 display
d) Oppo BDP 93
e) Arcam AV400 AV receiver
f) musical fidelity A5 Integrated Amplifier
g) Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
IMG_20200824_125753 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200824_125753 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200824_125753 (2).jpg
    825.7 KB · Views: 113
Finally got my second REL T9i and just about done with the initial break in... had to gradually dial down bass by 3 notches after approx 20 hours - yet to experiment with optimal positioning so for now, here's a sneak peak:

In the pic:
1. Top Rack: (1) Chord Mojo - connected to the laptop through Audioquest Pearl and to the CXA81 through Audioquest Goldengate (2) iFi Zen DAC - connected to the CXA81 through ifi 4.4mm Pentaconn to XLR balanced cable (3) FX Audio Tube 03 (GE tubes), (4) FX Audio DP-02 (5) Crown XLS 1502 - connected to the pre-outs of the Cambridge Audio CXA81 with Mogami Gold interconnects
2. Second shelf: Quad SC-2 centre channel
3. Third shelf: Cambridge Audio CXA81
4. Bottom shelf: Marantz SR6013
5. Left trunk: Laptop - which is the primary source for most content and connected to the CXA81, ifi Zen DAC and Chord Mojo through its USB and to the Marantz SR6013 through HDMI.
6. Right trunk: Playstation 3 (60GB) - the very first "FAT" PS3 which was launched with backward compatibility for playstation 2, 4 usb ports and a card reader - quite a curious beast and way ahead of its time at launch. Never ever getting rid of it.
7. Centre Trunk - MiniDSP Umik-1, Hifiman HE400i
8. Corners : Dual REL T9is
9. Foreground - (1) KEF Q350's, - through Mogami 2972's (2) Quad S5's - through DAC 10 AWG

View attachment 56839
5 controllers , envy the kind of fun you must be having :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back