Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

I have built several dozen PC's for friends and relatives and have experimented with many types of cooling solutions.

I wish I could take you back in 2000 when in Delhi's hot summers, Census data piling was done. That too on terrace, with just a tent for shade, with around 30-40 typists sat, with a fridge in the centre, having all motherboards of ordinary PCs. I don't know how the guy managed long keyboard & monitor wires ... but it was a treat to watch. Even a decade ago, all PCs in HUDCO's office were attached to coolers obviating the need for A/Cs. That's Indian Jugaad at its best :p

Just completed black velvet. I must say the image and the immersion is fantastic now. It's very hard to switch off the Projector once you have turned it on. Black Velvet has been one of the best additions to my HT so far. Completely sucks away any stray light and the result is a complete black hole. [ The speakers are partially done in velvet, will cover them all up in the weekend time, probably going to change the center channel to something beefier ]
The room is half done in Velvet, side walls, ceiling and the floor too. This pic is with all lights on.
Next addition to my HT is again on the video side, a high end HTPC to max out MadVR. Looking to buy a GPU soon ( preferably the RTX 3090 or the 3080Ti at the least ) View attachment 59540
V nice.i did the same thing with 25 mm pyramid acoustic foam . screen wall and 2/4 of roof which was showing screen light reflection.the result is same.whr did you buy velvet from.
That is door which is open seen on left side.lights swithced on.
Yet to complete remaining portion of ceiling

Attachments

• tiny-905-2021-07-16-05-52-39.jpg
    tiny-905-2021-07-16-05-52-39.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
V nice.i did the same thing with 25 mm pyramid acoustic foam . screen wall and 2/4 of roof which was showing screen light reflection.the result is same.whr did you buy velvet from.
That is door which is open seen on left side.lights swithced on.
Yet to complete remaining portion of ceiling
Velvet you can get almost anywhere. I got it from a guy in Surat.
Its one of those things that come as very cheap but transform your image to the next level. I can say now that i cannot enjoy watching a movie in a space not completely blacked out.
Waiting to get a GPU soon and then will be over with video upgrades for a good amount of time untill i strongly feel a urge to put some money on a DCR lens. But that is some time away. I have to do a lot of stuff in the audio department after the video upgrades are over.

Velvet you can get almost anywhere. I got it from a guy in Surat.
Its one of those things that come as very cheap but transform your image to the next level. I can say now that i cannot enjoy watching a movie in a space not completely blacked out.
Waiting to get a GPU soon and then will be over with video upgrades for a good amount of time untill i strongly feel a urge to put some money on a DCR lens. But that is some time away. I have to do a lot of stuff in the audio department after the video upgrades are over.
I know I understand .I can see the difference.will cover my remaining area of roof with black material.update me about ur GPU
DCR lens? Can you enlighten me more about this.

Last edited:
Just completed black velvet. I must say the image and the immersion is fantastic now. It's very hard to switch off the Projector once you have turned it on. Black Velvet has been one of the best additions to my HT so far. Completely sucks away any stray light and the result is a complete black hole. [ The speakers are partially done in velvet, will cover them all up in the weekend time, probably going to change the center channel to something beefier ]
The room is half done in Velvet, side walls, ceiling and the floor too. This pic is with all lights on.
Next addition to my HT is again on the video side, a high end HTPC to max out MadVR. Looking to buy a GPU soon ( preferably the RTX 3090 or the 3080Ti at the least ) View attachment 59540

Indeed, it looks awesome!! I know covering the entire room with Velvet does have a huge impact on video side but how about on Audio ? Does it have an impact on highs ?

Indeed, it looks awesome!! I know covering the entire room with Velvet does have a huge impact on video side but how about on Audio ? Does it have an impact on highs ?
I hear no difference with my untrained ears. The room is half done in Velvet. The other half is painted dark grey which i dont consider important to do coz the reflections dont reach that far ( that much ) My MLP is 10ft from the screen so everything from the screen till 11ft ( 1ft extra ) is covered in black velvet ( speakers and my dual subs, even my recliners )
I maybe crazy but i always hated reflections on anything whenever i go to someone's theatre to watch a movie. They add a lot of distraction tbh. I even covered the part of recliner with velvet coz when i recline back that part used to gleam ( under the legs ) even though its black.

A slight degrade in the audio is acceptable to me tbh. But even then i dont hear a degrade with velvet in half the room. I could do all room but i fear the audio might be compromised and with very very slight improvements in video. And its a lot of pain attaching velvet to walls, especially ceiling.
And then you get addicted. Once you go black, you never go back. Every little thing which isnt black will bother you then in your room.

I hear no difference with my untrained ears. The room is half done in Velvet. The other half is painted dark grey which i dont consider important to do coz the reflections dont reach that far ( that much ) My MLP is 10ft from the screen so everything from the screen till 11ft ( 1ft extra ) is covered in black velvet ( speakers and my dual subs, even my recliners )
I maybe crazy but i always hated reflections on anything whenever i go to someone's theatre to watch a movie. They add a lot of distraction tbh. I even covered the part of recliner with velvet coz when i recline back that part used to gleam ( under the legs ) even though its black.

A slight degrade in the audio is acceptable to me tbh. But even then i dont hear a degrade with velvet in half the room. I could do all room but i fear the audio might be compromised and with very very slight improvements in video. And its a lot of pain attaching velvet to walls, especially ceiling.
And then you get addicted. Once you go black, you never go back. Every little thing which isnt black will bother you then in your room.

Glad you didn't hear much difference. Then its worth it definitely.
Regarding attaching the velvet to walls. Even I was wondering how difficult it would have been. At the end of the day, when you look at that gorgeous image you forget everything.. Enjoy !

This gives me confidence to try the same in my room when I start. Thanks

Great choice, I did a mix of dark grey and black and the greys do irritate you. The velvet does a great job in light absorption, but the audio absorption is minimal so doesn't make a difference.

Awesome Photo! Are speakers QA? If I rememebr you were hunting for 3030i once, but these look like 3050.

I was looking at 3030i for surrounds, but now will just add another pair of 3050i as surrounds.
Just my two cents. 3050i ideally serves as front LR in a 2ch or as part of a 3000i series ht setup. Using the 3050i as surround channels would be overkill IMO unless you don't mind chest thumping bass all around you. I'd recommend that you stick with the 3030i as surrounds instead.

I am sharing my simple setup designed to save space. I have a 10x12 living room and feels congested to keep everything. So I used the wall, which is between two doors. Else that place is just used for walking.

BTW, one cable is coming out, most probably I took the pic, while I was testing something. Else all cables are hidden inside the column

Attachments

• IMG-20210804-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210804-WA0000.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 228
My audio set-up:

Turntable: Kuzma Stabi S
Tonearm: Kuzma 4 Point 9
Cartridge: Phasemation PP-2000
CD Player: Accustic Arts Player ES
CD Transport: Accustic Arts Drive 2
Dac: Accustic Arts Tube Dac 2
Streamer: Arcam rplay

Preamp: Doshi Audio EVO Series
Power Amp: Accustic Arts Amp 2 Mk 3
Phono preamp: RCM Audio Sensor 2
Speakers: Gauder Akustik Vescova Mk 2

Cables: HiDiamond Big AES/ EBU: HiDiamond XLR 3; Organic Audio Reference RCA; Zu Audio Varial XLR

Isolation: Hi Fi Stay Gyrotension - M
Timbernation Maplewood
Townshend Audio Isolation Platform
Sound Foundation Rollerblocks

Power Distribution: Sound Foundation; Environmental Potential EP 2050

Attachments

• Audio Set-up.jpg
    Audio Set-up.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back