Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi ROC
Am no pro with hi-fi but just wanted to ask you that isn't the distance between your sitting area and the speakers too less?
Or it feels so in the picture

Hi ROC
Am no pro with hi-fi but just wanted to ask you that isn't the distance between your sitting area and the speakers too less?
Or it feels so in the picture

Yes it is... arnd 9ft or so. but I have to live with that for now and optimize with what I have. Unfortunately the other two bigger bedrooms can't be used for other reasons.

Hi reign,

Main: Usher Be-718, McCormack DNA-125, Modified Lyrita Tube Preamp and Phono stage, Audiozone DAC-1 + EMU 1212M Transport, Technics SL-B2 TT

Bedroom: Jamo E700, Musical Fidelity A1, Xonar Essence STX

you call this a humble setup?:rolleyes: Man this must be the under statement of the year:D

enjoy your music!

cheers,
sri

Yes it is... arnd 9ft or so. but I have to live with that for now and optimize with what I have. Unfortunately the other two bigger bedrooms can't be used for other reasons.

9 ft is good enough. Maybe those Ushers demand more. But as i thought from the pic it feels its less then 5 ft.

9 ft is good enough. Maybe those Ushers demand more. But as i thought from the pic it feels its less then 5 ft.

Perspective distortion - that Tokina Lens which I used to take that photo has a lot of geometric distortion at the wide end :).

@srikarkav : Its strictly mid-fi mate. I've heard quite a few setups in bangalore itself that are significantly better than this.

hi, first of all thanks to all of my friends ( vinay ,anil,rallynut, som and all ) jst wanted to tell all of you that on sunday i got to test an vincent stereo power amp SP-331 (hybrid), although i am currently using the BRYSTON 8bst power amp i was tempted to do a side /side comparision with this german technology /made in china power amp rated @150rms *2 @8ohms with my bryston rated @400*2 @ 8 ohms and is priced nearly 4 times the vincent---------on connecting to the vincent pre SA31MK via the marantz SA11S1 sacd the initial impression was not too good ,but let me tell you after it played for abt 45 mins the entire quality was different it was on par with the bryston and also more exciting, and it cud play much louder /clean , it did sound a little harsh ,but this was @ very high vol, and @ low volumes it sounded really good too ---overall i found this an excellent amp for the price (abt 50k for new ) but over all i found the bryston more smoother in the highs and the vincent very exciting and better bass and it can play really loud -, the build quality of this amp is really good too -------has anybody got any opinion on the vincent amps kindly let me know

Last edited:
Hi Subhash!!

I did enquire about Vincent amps before buying NAD. I was unable to find a demo of these amps. However, on paper they seemed to good for the price. But, one can't decide with specs alone. Now, since you own these, I request you to give a detailed review with another make of speakers (if possible).
I personally feel these amps should be a cracker.

Check out the review below:

Vincent Audio SA-31 Preamplifier and SP-331 Power Amplifier | AV Guide

Sumit

Hi Subhash!!

I did enquire about Vincent amps before buying NAD. I was unable to find a demo of these amps. However, on paper they seemed to good for the price. But, one can't decide with specs alone. Now, since you own these, I request you to give a detailed review with another make of speakers (if possible).
I personally feel these amps should be a cracker.

Check out the review below:

Vincent Audio SA-31 Preamplifier and SP-331 Power Amplifier | AV Guide

Sumit

hi, sumit i dont as yet own the vincent sp331 power amp, but jst got it home from my frnd for a listen , am really impressed with it , i cant listen to it in another set of spkres as i dont own any other than the C809 JAMOS but the amp is kick ass stuff ,this is only an entry level ,wonder how the MK sereies and SP 993 (higher end ones ) wud sound , am sure it will be really good,, but sad that we guys here in india (bangalore) cant audition them

hi, sumit i dont as yet own the vincent sp331 power amp, but jst got it home from my frnd for a listen , am really impressed with it , i cant listen to it in another set of spkres as i dont own any other than the C809 JAMOS but the amp is kick ass stuff ,this is only an entry level ,wonder how the MK sereies and SP 993 (higher end ones ) wud sound , am sure it will be really good,, but sad that we guys here in india (bangalore) cant audition them

Actually, Maybe you shd be able to audition them since you are in bnglore.
I believe, ARN systems in Bangalore is a dealer for Vincent as I enquired them. But, since I was geographically out-of-placed, I dropped the idea. Check it out and let me know as well.

Sumit

Actually, Maybe you shd be able to audition them since you are in bnglore.
I believe, ARN systems in Bangalore is a dealer for Vincent as I enquired them. But, since I was geographically out-of-placed, I dropped the idea. Check it out and let me know as well.

Sumit

hi sumit ,ARN are dealers but dont stock for demo , and i jst spoke to them today and they say the prices have shot up (almost doubled)!! its better to source these from elsewhere ( UK/UAE) if you have contacts, rather then paying the dealers the exra bucks

hi sumit ,ARN are dealers but dont stock for demo , and i jst spoke to them today and they say the prices have shot up (almost doubled)!! its better to source these from elsewhere ( UK/UAE) if you have contacts, rather then paying the dealers the exra bucks

Since you've contacted Sridhar, I'd suggest you give the Odyssey Stratos, Usher R1.5 and Jaton Operatta a listen too. I'm more or less certain all of those amps will be better than the Vincent.

Since you've contacted Sridhar, I'd suggest you give the Odyssey Stratos, Usher R1.5 and Jaton Operatta a listen too. I'm more or less certain all of those amps will be better than the Vincent.

But their cost would also be quite a bit higher. I think the Vincent is a good VFM. Also if you want a better deal than Vincent, note that

Shanling is exactly the same as Vincent (EU) and Music Hall (in N America) and are priced lower.

But their cost would also be quite a bit higher. I think the Vincent is a good VFM. Also if you want a better deal than Vincent, note that

Shanling is exactly the same as Vincent (EU) and Music Hall (in N America) and are priced lower.

Probably a few thousand here and there - atleast for the Operatta.

hi ROC , i spoke to Ali not sridhar ,am sure the above mentioned amps by you cud be better but it may not offer you the kind of power and bang as the vincents @ a lesser price (older price is worth and not the newer prices) but when you see the rates of these amps @ other web sites, its still offered @the older prices , wonder how much it wud cost in china??? the SP331@ 45k is a real cracker (45k is the old price according to dealer & 73k!!! Nutsss!!!!is the new price) & the nxt levelSP331MK was 70 odd but now 1 + !!!!!! at the older prices its definately more materials for the money

Last edited:

hi, i think its sheng ya audio

Its Poang model from Ikea. I bought it from the middle-east. Comes in really sleek packing and has to be self assembled. Very nice comfortable design.

afaik Ikea do not have any outlets in India, nor do they ship it. Will let you know if I get any info in this regard.

Cheers.

Would be interested in the Poang myself, if you do find more info... :)

there is an HK based online seller cattylink.com that sells internationally. Their prices seem fair but not sure how much would be extra for shipping and customs.

Movie/Gaming setup

PS3 60GB, Denon 1909 amp, KEF KHT2005.2 speakers and a WD TV HD player. Pardon the wiring mess, we're cleaning up the room right now.

Surprisingly good for music as well, those small speakers pack quite a punch.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back