Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Anm, I have now understood your concern. As I have already said it's perhaps not the ideal positioning. However, my listening position is across the room 10-12 feet away and I do not toe in the speakers very much. In any case the protrusion of the lower middle part of the cabinet is very little.

Hi,

Yes, I am rigorously trained in Indian classical music effectively from as early as I can remember. Although I have not taken it up as a profession, I very well could. Those are 3 tambouras (or tanpuras, as we call them in Bengali) that you see in that room inside. That is my private room and houses along with those tambouras, a harmonium, 2 pairs of tabla, 2 electronic tambouras, 1 electronic tabla (called talmala from a company called Sarang from Bangalore),

Asit Glad to know bout your Musical journey ;)! I know they are tanpura's (Tamburi as called in Kannada) :p !! I do know bout he Electronic One too,coz my Bro own's two of them ;) !

Both my Bro and Sis are Classical Dancers (Bharathanatyam ),My Bro is a Master Degree Gold Medalist in Dance,he also practices Mridangam ;)!! He works for railways,recently he attended their national level Dance compitation in Chittarajan Locamotive (Kolkatta)Unit,He won First prize in Duet (along with his colleague ) and Runner-Up in Solo !

So I do have fair amount knowledge on the Indian Instruments,and do to my passion for music I also know a bit bout western Instruments too ;) !

Regards.

My setup, as it is usually laid out. Changes slightly when listening, with the tables shifting out from in front of the speakers.

OgAAAAOaTyzCoDUUE6gzvITdlmjxj8TEbw5XgUdd9_qOy9wClcYCceS1IaM1etLXXnUsp0Jf4Dj7V_tRO2QmOTJ0eeMAm1T1UHxAC08zBMLYvmwwiQPxnbOz5h7c.jpg

Any suggestions are most welcome. Just learning.

Last edited:
Hi,

Man, Looks Awesome :yahoo: !! Very neat and well laid out !! Kudos to you :clapping: !

I can only thing I can think of is the Speakers being too close to the back walls and the drapes !! that might be a bit dampener to the whole soundstage and such :p!!

Could you also please post some closeup shots of the equipments and stuff ;)??

Regards.

Hi Ashok, good to see you back.
A front view of the set up would help members get a better idea.
First off, putting rugs to cover the area in front of the speakers is usually helpful.Rest when you put up more views/ next listening session- poss when Viren gets his 6C33CB SET Amp back.
Cheers.

One more...

DSC_0089a.jpg

Sir,
Your listening room and audio equipment look fabulous! I can only imagine how relaxing the ambiance in the room must be!:licklips:
Why do you have the Oppo? Just to play sacds and dvd a?
A few more details on the speakers, turn table etc please.

Great clean setup! Maybe I need to drop in sometime when I am in GK2.

regards

My setup, as it is usually laid out. Changes slightly when listening, with the tables shifting out from in front of the speakers.

DSC_0129.jpg

Any suggestions are most welcome. Just learning.

Sir,
Your listening room and audio equipment look fabulous!

You are very kind.

I can only imagine how relaxing the ambiance in the room must be!:licklips:
Why do you have the Oppo? Just to play sacds and dvd a?

Yes, xactly. CEC3300R is the CDP.

A few more details on the speakers, turn table etc please.

Source :

RBCD : CEC 3300R
SACD/DVDA : Oppo 980H
Cassette : Nakamichi 581
TT : Sony PS - 4300
Radio : DesignGO

Amp :

Cadence VA - 1 HP (Valve)
Lyrita Audio Phonostage
Norge Prof. Series 2020 Mk - II (SS)
Norge Stereo Graphic EQ-10 SD

Speakers :

Cadence Arista Mk-II
Assembled/DIY

Cables :

Siltech New York Interconnects
Siltech New York Speaker Cables (Valve)
Lyrita Audio Speaker Cables (SS)

Last edited:
Great clean setup!

thank you so much.

Maybe I need to drop in sometime when I am in GK2.

regards

sure, anytime (but, need to coord. on the phone, weekend evenings is best). or, when kamalji and viren plan the next session (to also mix-match the 6C33CB SET amp. vis-a-vis the VA-1).

Last edited:
Hi Ashok
Definitely a good setup and neat arrangment as well
Want to know with which speakers do you use the Norge Amp and EQ?

Hi Ashok
Definitely a good setup and neat arrangment as well

thank you so much. you guys are so kind.

Want to know with which speakers do you use the Norge Amp and EQ?

not in pic. mix with the Arista (rarely). different cable pairs (from the VA-1 and the Norge 2020 to the Aristas). the CEC+VA-1+Arista is my primary setup now.

Last edited:
Hi,

Man, Looks Awesome :yahoo: !! Very neat and well laid out !! Kudos to you :clapping: !

thank you so much.

I can only thing I can think of is the Speakers being too close to the back walls and the drapes !! that might be a bit dampener to the whole soundstage and such :p!!

need to work on the drapes part. actually, have done what i have mostly for practical purposes, or the nearest sitting guest may use the Arista for a drink glass counter, with the occasional knee bang thrown in. also, the Aristas are on spikes, and take quite some adjustment, being a little ergonomically challenged, their weight being 31kgs (each), notwithstanding.

Could you also please post some closeup shots of the equipments and stuff ;)??

does what i have subsequently sent suffise, or do you want anything more in particular.

Hi,

does what i have subsequently sent suffise, or do you want anything more in particular.

Ashok yes it suffice !! but I have another suggestion though :p !! Please do post details of the Cables used in the setup (like IC,Speaker Cable etc) ;)!!

need to work on the drapes part. actually, have done what i have mostly for practical purposes, or the nearest sitting guest may use the Arista for a drink glass counter, with the occasional knee bang thrown in. also, the Aristas are on spikes, and take quite some adjustment, being a little ergonomically challenged, their weight being 31kgs (each), notwithstanding.

Yeah I know what you mean, thats why I already said you've laid it neatly with said problem in hand ! Yeah heavy speakers mean heavy issues when moving around or even a simple task of toeing in can be a cumbersome one :p !! I have a approx 40Kg Speaker myself and I know how it is !!

Anyways you have done very good job of arranging the setup neatly inspite of all the shortcomings so kudos :eek:hyeah: !! one last thing,the rack is a readymade one or custom ??

Regards.

Hi,

Ashok yes it suffice !! but I have another suggestion though :p !! Please do post details of the Cables used in the setup (like IC,Speaker Cable etc) ;)!!

is there in response to iaudio's query further up on this page. not repeating (if you don't mind).

Yeah I know what you mean, thats why I already said you've laid it neatly with said problem in hand ! Yeah heavy speakers mean heavy issues when moving around or even a simple task of toeing in can be a cumbersome one :p !! I have a approx 40Kg Speaker myself and I know how it is !!

Anyways you have done very good job of arranging the setup neatly inspite of all the shortcomings so kudos :eek:hyeah: !! one last thing,the rack is a readymade one or custom ??

viren bhai's (lyrita audio) beaut (and hard work)!! custom to dimensions and order.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Ashok,
Sweet set up and some nice furniture.

1 Question > Do u really need to spread the speakers that much (seems about 10/12 ft) ? From the pic it appears that the left speaker is close to the white pillar and there is a wooden table a bit away. Have u tried placing the speakers about 8 ft away from each other and if possible a bit more space behind?
Rgds

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back