Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi David,

Its a DIY acoustic panel:), Thermocoal Sheets and Fur Cloth to tame the High frequencies at the first reflection points.

Thanks

Does Thermocoal observe any frequencies? there are dedicated sound absorbing materials starting from Rs.400/sq feet , since the area is small , why dont you try those......., but if this setup is doing good , then no worries, continue with that.

David.

Hi Dinyaar ,

Why a Sudden change from Bryston to Marantz? How would you rate the difference between the Bryston and the Marantz .
I thought Bryston is better then the Marantz . How much does the Marantz PM11S2 cost.

David.

Well DVKMK I have been using a Bryston power amp with B&W in one set up for 10 years and have been happy. Then i shifted to a smaller apt and assembled a new system as i left the old one behind. I tried various speakers but settled on the B&W 805s as i like it and have been very accustomed to 'the B&W sound". For amps i tried quite a few and even bought a Rotel Integrated, then traded it for the Rotel Pre/power but was always unhappy. Finally just went and got the Bryston combo. Unfortunately for me these new Bryston amps did not work for me. I interacted with the co on various issues and finally sold the combo at my cost. There was no sudden change really and i have been trying amps for ages.
I dont know if Bryston is rated as a better amp and frankly these things dont matter. The Marantz reference amps are very very good but they are not as dynamic or have as much attack as the Bryston. They are very different and it depends on the sound u are after. I also tried tons of cdps and all the highly reviewed and rated cdps were a let down and i bought this Yamaha as it was launched as i heard it for a weekend and i loved it. BTW it replaced the highly rated cyrus CD6s.
Now the pricing of the Yamaha is 1.2L i think and the marantz is about 2.25L but i have got both at lower rates.
Rgds

I found the reference line of Marantz extremely easy on the ears. The fluid nature of the sound just lets you listen for prolonged hours with out the slightest nuances of strain. Mine is however the 15S1 combo, younger brother of 11S2. Chose this one few years ago after long numerous auditions of McIntosh, Bryston etc.

One of my relatives has the Marantz 15S1 combo. It sounds detailed, but lacks the warmth in the mid-range. A bit too analytical for my taste.

thanks,
Sharad

hi,i jst pickd up the marantz SA11s1 sacd player ,have been using it from the past 4 days ,it sounds very detailed ,it is exellent with jazz,fusion,it puts out excellent vocals and seperation of instruments,soundstaging is also good ,but not much difference in rock music ,but anyway a huge difference frrom my marantz 5001 cdp

Last edited:
Hi,

Subash congrats on the new purchase !! is it new ? used ? in any case Enjoy ;)!

Dinyaar congrats to you too for the New Accuphase :)! Read the whole story in the other thread ! but just wanted to sum it up here !

As you know I have been choosing option 3 from the SW's list ! I never could even remotely think of an amp of the Accu level :p! Hope some day I will be able to cook something close to it (please spare me for having said that ) !

Regards.

Hey Shreekant,
Thank u. Yes with your skills u never know. You may come up with something very similar sounding and make me feel like a fool for spending so much money:mad::mad:

Shreekant anyone with some money can go buy gear its very difficult to DIY with success. I will be the last person to scoff at peoples DIY attempts as i personally have no technical skills.

The Accu is bigger in size than any of the amps i have had and i am not happy with its ventilation on my old rack. Today being a holiday i am all set to work on the rack to give the amp at least 4 inches of clearance above it. So its DIY carpentry for me.

Subhash congrats on a fine cdp. For me a component has to be classy to use apart from sounding good and these marantz cdps are a joy to use. Hope u got it at a 'fair price'.

Yesterday i heard the Accuphase and the Simaudio supernova cdps . I am biased towards Accu always and IMO this is the best built cdp i have ever seen with a truly great sound but at a disgusting price:mad:
Rgds

Last edited:
Hi,

Hey Hey, Dinyaar I didn't mean that you'll Scoff at me ! its a general expression that I used ! also I know you,so atleast for me you are the last person that I would expect it from !

But there are folks who just mere mention of comparing a DIY effort to a branded product will pounce on you and will almost kill you instantly :p!! So only just put it !

Am very glad that you are happy with the amp,Best of the luck with the DIY mod of the rack ! after all is done please do post some pics so that we can enjoy the setup !!

Regards.

Hi,

Subash congrats on the new purchase !! is it new ? used ? in any case Enjoy ;)!

Dinyaar congrats to you too for the New Accuphase :)! Read the whole story in the other thread ! but just wanted to sum it up here !

As you know I have been choosing option 3 from the SW's list ! I never could even remotely think of an amp of the Accu level :p! Hope some day I will be able to cook something close to it (please spare me for having said that ) !

Regards.

hi,sreekanth ,the SA11s1 is a used one, it sounds very good and cool lookin too though a little bulky for a cdp weighs almost 15kgs,a huge difference from my older marantz 5001 cdp

Hi,

Ohh IC, Hope you got it a good price :licklips: ! Actually Bulky is good here ! the more weight it boasts the better ! it shows the rigid build !

If you read some audio mags they always recommend folks to use LONDON BRICKS or likes to increase the dead weight and inturn improve the sound ! so this heavy construction should be bonus !!

And you can never compare the entry level CDP's with some of the likes of SA11's ! Not in a million years ! so yes this will be a 100% deviation from the sound of CD5001 !

Regards.

Here's my system

Attachments

• DSC01264.jpg
    DSC01264.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,197
  • DSC01265.jpg
    DSC01265.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,187
  • DSC01266.jpg
    DSC01266.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,186
Hi Vasu, very nice looking set up.
What is the TT on the right corner? BTW, I may end up with a tube-amp too.

Nice set up! I can make out some components (Arita, Avita , VA-1) , please provide details about rest other components , room dimensions, as well as acoustic treatment products being used..

I know that it takes years of dedicated efforts and commitment to build such an impressive set up!

What kind of music you are in?

I can also see a NAD power amp (for HT?) sitting there.

A complete list and configuration would be great.

Thanks,
Sharad

It took me long time to built this system.

Stereo:
Cadence VA1 Amp
Cadence Avita speakers (used as stereo as well as main front for HT)
Arcam Cd192 CDP
Project RPM4 TT with Sumiko Pearl and Shure 97xE Cart.
Project Phono Box SE
IC - Siltech London ( cdp to amp), VDH 102 (from TT to Phono) & Siltech London ( from Phono to amp)
Speaker Cables - JPS Labs Ultraconductor (biwire)
Power Cables - Siltech Berlin

Home Theatre:
Yamaha RXV596 Receiver (using only surround for amplification. Main, centre and sub for signal)
Nad214 Power Amp (Main Front)
Rotel RB-971 II Power Amp (centre)
Cambridge Audio DV99 DVDP
Hitachi PD9500 42" HD Ready Plasma
Cadence Arita (Shielded)- Centre Channel
Klipsh RS-III - Surround
Paradigm PS-1000 Sub
Siltech Stockholm - Digital Coax
Cambridge Audio HDMI Cable
VDH 102 (from Receiver to Nad and Rotel)
VDH Royal Jade for centre speaker
Power Cables - Siltech Berlin and DAC

Monster HTS1000 Power Conditioner (Soon upgrading to Audire power Conditioner. Expecting to receive it by next week)
All equipments on Vibrapods

DIY:
Acoustic Panels made with 4 layers of 2" Glasswool covered with polyster batting and then finished with markin cloth. (Soon going to cover them with some coloured cloth to go with decor of my room).

Room:
24' x 17'
Speakers are 8 feet apart with a litlle toe in. They are 4 feet from the side walls and 3 1/2 feet from back wall. I sit 8 1/2 feet from the speaker.
I listen to jazz, old rock, some ghazals & hindi film music

Here are some more pics

Attachments

• DSC01276.jpg
    DSC01276.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,111
  • DSC01278.jpg
    DSC01278.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,108
  • DSC01279.jpg
    DSC01279.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • DSC01280.jpg
    DSC01280.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,104
  • DSC01281.jpg
    DSC01281.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,105
Hey Guys!!

Uploading new pictures after additions to HT.
In one of the pictures you can see a Martin Rolands Karaoke speakers hanging above the Pool Table. They are connected to the speaker B option of the AVR.
I have already posted details of the equipment in earlier post in this thread.
Cheers!!

Five pics in all...

img3661g.jpg

img3694w.jpg

img3710.jpg

img3708.jpg

img3690.jpg

Last edited:
Sumit:

1. Great equipments.
2. Good speakers.
3. Great furnitures.
4. Great HT room.

I love your setup and your room.

Sumit:

1. Great equipments.
2. Good speakers.
3. Great furnitures.
4. Great HT room.

I love your setup and your room.

Many thanks Vinod for your most kind words. I would like to tell you that this is a complete DIY effort. A lot of this is built by myself and rest by local carpenters under my supervision.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey Guys!!

Uploading new pictures after additions to HT.
In one of the pictures you can see a Martin Rolands Karaoke speakers hanging above the Pool Table. They are connected to the speaker B option of the AVR.
I have already posted details of the equipment in earlier post in this thread.
Cheers!!

Five pics in all...

img3661g.jpg

img3694w.jpg

img3710.jpg

img3708.jpg

img3690.jpg

hi, sumit, the setting is absolutely fantastic!!! one small suggestion, u cud place your rack with the control amps & sources some where at the side walls or rear.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back