Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi All,
This is my Audio Only system , collected over years and most of the components are used!
1)Pre Amp ?? PULZ RS 100
2)Power Amp ?? Hitachi HMA-G2 , 60+60 RMS PC,,must be 25 years old ,mini beast with huge Vu meters- actually I really liked the meters!
3)CD 1- Pioneer PD-F 100 ,100 Cd Changer , I can accommodate most of my collection in it!
4)CD 2- Marantz CD 6000 ?? very good cd player with Digital (optical & co-axial both) outs,volume control
5)Tuner ?? Kenwood Basic T1
6)Speakers ?? Satellite subwoofer (or mini bookshelf) pair of Solid ( another brand of B & W)
7)Headphones ?? Philips SBC HP 890
8)Ipod ?? Touch ,32 GB , 1st generation
9)Ipod dock with remote
CD to pre map connected by Monster cables & rest of the equipment by bandridge cables.Speaker cables local.
I have not checked matching but system sound is good.

Looking for remote for Cd changer - I got replacement remote which can only change tracks not Cd's - any low cost suggestions?

Hemant

Last edited:
My Humble HomeTheater

Hi,
Here goes my most humble home theater system, or I'd say, the poor man's home theater.

I know.. my cable management is quite poor...:D

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,204
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,196
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,191
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,198
Projector - Optoma Hd65
DVD - Sony DVP-NS708HP with 1080p upscaling through HDMI
kenwood 5 speaker HT system (being upgraded).
Projecting onto a 92" Panoview mattwhite 16x9 screen from 10.5' distance. Room Size - 16'x11'.
The HD65 is powered through a 800 KVA UPS.

AND the most important part of my HT setup - Me !! :D

Attachments

• DSC05668.jpg
    DSC05668.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,115
hi ,my set up 1. BRYSTON 8BSST BRIDGED MODE (400RMS @8 OHMS) FOR STEREO & driving my L/R of HT 2.ONKYO 875 AVR 3. CARVER TFM35X POWER AMP BRIDGED MODE DRIVING MY CENTRE CHANNEL 4.ONKYO 504DVDP 5.OPTOMA HD 65 PROJECTOR 6.CARVER PRE AMP FOR MUSIC WITH BRYSTON 8BSST 7.MARANTZ 4000 CDP(will be upgrading to 7003 soon) 8 . JAMO C 809 SPEAKER PACKAGE 9. VELODYNE CHT 12R SUB 10. GRAND VIEW 120" SCREEN ,,recently added the bryston 8bsst and carver tfm35x to drive the L/R/C of the HT set up as i felt the onkyo875s power was not sufficient to drive the jamo C809 speakers -----------will post pics soon

Hi Subhash,

Great Setup!

How have you connected the two pre-processors (CARVER PRE AMP and Onkyo 875 AVR) to the front power amp? Does it have two pre-amp inputs, or you are switching one of the pre-processors through the other one?

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Subhash,

Great Setup!

How have you connected the two pre-processors (CARVER PRE AMP and Onkyo 875 AVR) to the front power amp? Does it have two pre-amp inputs, or you are switching one of the pre-processors through the other one?

Thanks,
Sharad

hi smedhavi, connection has always been a problem here,,the L/R pre outs of the onkyo AVR goes into the bryston 8bst and stays there on fri/sat/sun as its movie time on the weekends and for the rest of the days i disconect the AVR and plug in the L/R preouts of the carver preamp into the bryston for stereo listening (i totally dislike the sound of the AVR for music)--------just y"day i connected a carver tfm35x power amp to the centre channel (at bridged mode)----it really came alive like crazy,,,,,,,,,,if i wud have knowm that individual components,, like adding on power amps and seperate processors/decoders i wud have opted for it rather than a AVR--------now am using the AVR just as a processor and to power my sorrounds

This is my humble HTPC setup.

AOC 416v 24 inch 1080p LCD monitor.

Cannon Printer

CPU

Logitech z5500 Front Left and Center Speakers

Logitech z5500 Front Right and Center Speakers

SUB

Keyboard

Logiteh z5500 Control Pod

Rear Left Speaker Setup

Rear Right Speaker Setup

Last edited:
HI ALL,

THIS IS MY THEATER "cinematique", IT TAKES ME TOO FINISH AROUND 5 MONTHS, THE SIZE IS 10X21.

Attachments

• Screen Left.jpg
    Screen Left.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,535
  • Sofa.jpg
    Sofa.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,516
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,512
  • cinematique door1.jpg
    cinematique door1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,512
Last edited:
HI ALL,

THIS IS MY THEATER "cinematique", IT TAKES ME TOO FINISH AROUND 5 MONTHS, THE SIZE IS 10X21.

Attachments

• Screen Right.jpg
    Screen Right.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,503
  • top Seeling.jpg
    top Seeling.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,506
  • DSC01556.jpg
    DSC01556.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,504
  • DSC01572.jpg
    DSC01572.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,497
Last edited:
Thats a great setup... Congratulations... 5 months of hard work I must say... By the way - Warner Brothers has just launched their awesome new TV channel in India.... its called WB. You can now enjoy great movies on your HT on WB. By the way - we have an awesome slot called - "CINEMATHEQUE" it plays classics from WB over the years. For more information Log on to WB India - Now that’s Hollywood.

Cheers!

So I got my Tany centre & time to post my primary setup-

1.Full view with Onkyo HTR330, Tnnoy F1 custom as frt & centre,onkyo surr, Onida DVDp ,Philips LCD 5609.
M1.jpg M5.jpg
[URL=http://img254.imageshack.us/i/img4219u.jpg/]

2.Profigold co-ax as suggested by you & DIY so called digital interconnect.
M2.jpg M3.jpg M4.jpg

3.Updated setup -

4.HTPC & sennheiser HD-202

5.Asus Xonar D2X installed (7300 on top)-

6.DVI to HDMI converter with MX HDMI cable connected.

img42081.jpg
[/URL]
img4205n.jpg
[/URL

Last edited:
Hi This is my HT Setup with PolkAudio RTi8 Fronts / Matching Center / DSW Pro600 SW / Matching Surrounds , Denon 1907 AVR/ Pioneer 400-s DVDP/ DishTv / LG CRT / Logitec 525 Universal remote / MX cables / Archos AV500 DVR / Bluetooth stereo Headphones connected to the AUX of reciever for Streaming Music from my Laptop and Mobiles (Mine and or friends BT headset supports 8 devices at the same time)

The Setup is One and half years old. planning for some two channel Setup for Music

Thanks for Looking
Only_me

Attachments

• P5222832.jpg
    P5222832.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,473
  • P5222833.jpg
    P5222833.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,470
  • P5222838.jpg
    P5222838.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,464
Hi This is my HT Setup with PolkAudio RTi8 Fronts / Matching Center / DSW Pro600 SW / Matching Surrounds , Denon 1907 AVR/ Pioneer 400-s DVDP/ DishTv / LG CRT / Logitec 525 Universal remote / MX cables / Archos AV500 DVR / Bluetooth stereo Headphones connected to the AUX of reciever for Streaming Music from my Laptop and Mobiles (Mine and or friends BT headset supports 8 devices at the same time)

The Setup is One and half years old. planning for some two channel Setup for Music

Thanks for Looking
Only_me

Hi Only me

Nice setup , just curious ...whats the thing which is hanging in the wall , is it some sort of Acoustic material or just a cloth frame? Good luck for your stereo setup.

David.

Hi David,

Its a DIY acoustic panel:), Thermocoal Sheets and Fur Cloth to tame the High frequencies at the first reflection points.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
This is an update on my set up.
Marantz PM 11S2 amp and the Yamaha CDS 2000 are the new additions.
The old Denon TU1800 DAB and the Nakamichi DR10 and my B&W 805s remain.
Currently using a few kimbers in the set up. (KCAG,Timbre,4TC,8TC)
Rack is also the same i have just spray painted it satin black.
I also changed my stands (not shown in pictures). Made a stand from thick granite slabs to the height that i prefer and this replaced a stand which was a replica of the B&W FS700 stand. I would recommend guys looking for stands to make one similar as its great in every way and cost me about 3K.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
This is an update on my set up.
Marantz PM 11S2 amp and the Yamaha CDS 2000 are the new additions.
The old Denon TU1800 DAB and the Nakamichi DR10 and my B&W 805s remain.
Currently using a few kimbers in the set up. (KCAG,Timbre,4TC,8TC)
Rack is also the same i have just spray painted it satin black.

Hi Dinyaar ,

Why a Sudden change from Bryston to Marantz? How would you rate the difference between the Bryston and the Marantz .
I thought Bryston is better then the Marantz . How much does the Marantz PM11S2 cost.

David.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back