Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Re: The Number One Home Theatre on this Hifivision Site

Vinay, yours is probably one of the best dedicated room I have seen within the country's borders.
I liked Sunil's for the fact it blends a living room with a HT.

~dich

Dich,

I thank you very much for the greatest of great compliment.

I can assure you that there will be home theatre's in the capital cities like mumbai, delhi, etc, which will be much better, than what i have made, but you know the problem is this that they do not wish to share the pictures by giving it to the media, web sites, etc.

Vinay.

know the problem is this that they do not wish to share the pictures by giving it to the media, web sites, etc.
Vinay.
Bulls Eye.
There is this guy in the wilderness of Himanchal who has an excellent HT room which can best any of the modern movie theaters around. Sadly, he does not advertise himself. You need to be a close friend or relative (or cousin of friend :) ) to even get inside the room.
And this place if 40Km from the nearest village.

~dich

People do not want to show what they have

Bulls Eye.
There is this guy in the wilderness of Himanchal who has an excellent HT room which can best any of the modern movie theaters around. Sadly, he does not advertise himself. You need to be a close friend or relative (or cousin of friend :) ) to even get inside the room.

~dich

Dich,

I am familiar with Himachal, i have been going there for 3 years, each time for more than a month to ski in the snow, can you throw some more light about this person, and where exactly is his house.

Indeed there are several people who do not want to show their home theatre, etc, for me the reasons are un-founded. I am a strong believer of sharing the knowledge, especially for what i went through by meeting several wrong people while making the theatre, i do not want others to suffer.

I know of this case Adan sami, the singer, the whole world knows what his weight was, he vanished for several months, and he surfaced with massive drop of weight, he says he did diet control, etc, while the truth was that he was operated upon, to pull his fat down, he advertises heavily about his lies, in magazines about the weight loss due to diet control, as my doctor friend's sister in america, was a part of the surgery team when adan had got operated.

Moral of the story is that adan is a celebrity, he should have spoken the truth, that way many of the fat people, would have considered the surgery.

Regards.

Vinay.

Bulls Eye.
~dich

Hi, What equipment does he use?

Himachal

Bulls Eye.

~dich

I think you are talking about Khali, the famous wrestler, his native place is Himachal.

Vinay.

Re: Himachal

I think you are talking about Khali, the famous wrestler, his native place is Himachal.
Vinay.
No. Not Khali. The person whose place I visited is not really known by the media and desires (I believe) to remain that way.

~dich

Re: Himachal

No. Not Khali. The person whose place I visited is not really known by the media and desires (I believe) to remain that way.

~dich

That reminds me when i was told by someone that there is a ace photographer in abroad, no body knows where she stays, and her phone number is also not available, she can be contacted only by e-mail.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Hi,

Shreyas (or Shreya) :confused:

A hearty and warm welcome to this beautiful forum ! hope you have blast here and each visit of yours will be a memorable one !!

Please do post pics of your set-up and tell Us about your music preferences etc.

Regards.

Hi All,

tanx to this forum, i hve purchased a HT sys. hve attached a pic for ur reference

rgds

Attachments

• P6280013.jpg
    P6280013.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,273
Thank you for showing us the photo.

The placement of the speakers are not in good shape, the flower pot is adding more injury, please take care.

Vinay.

Sumit, indeed i will wait for the pictures of your dedicated home theatre.

My ceiling is made from armstrong acoustic tiles, it does not vibrate during heavy base or while at the explosion scenes. Since these tiles are very fragile in nature, when i have to replace a halogen bulb, i have to be very careful, otherwise the tile can show massive signs of getting broken.

In-fact my recliner chair and one or two show pieces vibrates during low frequencies of sub woofer, especially when i am using high volumes.

I would love to see your ceiling of plywood, i also wanted to go for this type of ceiling, but then i got to understand that any hard surface is not good, and then i was also strongly advised that nothing that should be flat, or hard, so i hope your plywood ceiling has some breaks, designs and related.

I too had a great craze for the fibre optic lights, i did not go for it because it was very expensive, and then to put them on acoustic tiles was impossible, it was like making a attempt of going for dinner with the prime minister.

When you talk about wooden margin and jarrs, i do not understand, please guide me on this, and what makes you crazy and nuts.

I thank you very much for sharing these information's with me.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Vinay,
Can you please mention the grade or model of the acoustic tiles that you have used? If you check Welcome to Home for India, you will find zillions of tiles. I would like to know precisely the one you have used. thanks.

Hi Friends!!

I have attached pics of Home Theatre. It is a complete DIY setup. Even the equipments racks are home made and installed by me. Size of HT> 21' X 15' X 8'

The acoustic panels (Trap Boxes) have been installed at various locations. The size, design and locations of the panels have been done by an acoustic expert. Also, the locations of all the speakers and sofas have been done by the acoustic guy. The panels have been made by my local carpenter.

Unfortunately when I hired the services of the acoustic expert, I had already completely made my theatre. But, the sound was pathetic. I then hired an expert. He did a repair job and a fine job he did!! i did not let him touch the ceiling as I really liked it. But with time the joints in plywood have revealed. The whole ceiling jars i.e vibrates during high base. I am planning to use armstrong acoustic tiles like Vinay has used. That means I will have to Rip my existing ceiling. This is sad. I try to console myself that HT is all about sound and video. They are first priority.

The holes in the panels are visible in pics only, because of camera flash. With naked eye one is unable to see the same.
the pillars are cleverly designed as storage spaces for DVD's etc.

The screen is 100" diagonal, 4:3. The screen and casing are hid in the wooden panel. When I am listening to music, I keep the screen rolled. This reveals a picture paste on the wall. This way a big blank wall is not revelaed as seen in many home theatres. I am looking forward to buy a new 16:9 screen.

This is 7-8 seater theatre. The rear seats are elevated. The view of person sitting in the back row will never be obstructed by the front row person. I simply hated that when I visited cinemas. I swore to do something about it whenever I made my own cinema. And here it is!!

Friends, I shall await your suggestions and comments.

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,286
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,259
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,264
  • IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,271
Sumit: excellent Cinema room, nice blend of colours & furniture. well done and welcome to DIY club :)

Thanks a lot!!
I was just looking at some earliers pages and spotted your HT. Grrrreat job man. Very contemporary!!

Hi,

Sumit Congrats on a job well done:) !! its really nice looking room that you've made ;) !!

Please do post the equipments pic in big !!

Regards.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back