Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi Ashok,
Sweet set up and some nice furniture.

thanx. all u guys have been so kind with your appreciation.

1 Question > Do u really need to spread the speakers that much (seems about 10/12 ft) ? From the pic it appears that the left speaker is close to the white pillar and there is a wooden table a bit away. Have u tried placing the speakers about 8 ft away from each other and if possible a bit more space behind?

kamalji also suggested this. will do. just am trying to picturise what I have mentioned in my response to another member in this post, of how to bring the speakers forward and not worry about them getting in the way, or being used as a coaster.

My setup, as it is usually laid out. Changes slightly when listening, with the tables shifting out from in front of the speakers.

DSC_0129.jpg

Any suggestions are most welcome. Just learning.

Thats one cozy den Ashok! Reminds me of my grandparents living room, nice warm nostalgic feeling...

I'd agree with Dinyaar's observations on the speaker spacing. IMO, if you can give them some space around, they might sound even better in that holy triangle.

My other suggestion would be to get hold of one of these...

556874089_e1923bbc39_o.jpg

Cheers.

My setup, as it is usually laid out. Changes slightly when listening, with the tables shifting out from in front of the speakers.

Hey Ashok!!

Very Neat set-up. beautiful room. A close-up of the equipment is desired.

Job well done.

Sumit.

PS> Your photo properties show that you are using a D60. Try and use 'Slow rear flash mode' for this picture. Maybe it could give you good results.

Last edited:
Hey Ashok!!

Very Neat set-up. beautiful room.

thank you so much.

A close-up of the equipment is desired.

this is in an earlier post within these current two pages itself. not re-sending (if you don't mind).

Job well done.

Sumit.

PS> Your photo properties show that you are using a D60.

xlnt and very rare for you to observe this minute detail.

Try and use 'Slow rear flash mode' for this picture.

did not use flash for any of the pix uploaded. wanted to avoid the glare.

Maybe it could give you good results.

have a couple in the flash mode.

thanx a ton. work in progress with valuable inputs expected from the better informed in this forum like you. wud like to learn more in the bass traps, diffusers, etc. am just learning.

you can definitely use bass traps on all corners and diffusors on back wall

and brother i'm not that much knowledgeable than other guys here :)

Thats one cozy den Ashok! Reminds me of my grandparents living room, nice warm nostalgic feeling...

thanx so much.....

I'd agree with Dinyaar's observations on the speaker spacing. IMO, if you can give them some space around, they might sound even better in that holy triangle.

will try this out. thanx. will try and also confirm experience after.

My other suggestion would be to get hold of one of these...

will this do (since i already have it, in montana/ameretto)? still, can u give me more details. no harm filing away useful information.

imageresize.aspx

My setup
stereo set up
1-marantz sa11s1 sacd ,
2-bryston 8 bst power amp ,
3-vincent sa31mk pre amp ,
4- jamo c 809 spkrs ,
5-chord chameleon interconnects and chord odyssey 4 spkr cables (for stereo)
ht set up
1-onkyo 875 avr ,
2-optoma hd65 ,
4-grandview 120'' screen ,
5-onkyo 504 dvdp ,
6-veloyne cht12r sub (ht set up)
7-carver tfm 35x (2nos) to drive centre and mains of ht
8-monster cables and spkr wires for ht

Last edited:

DSC_0129.jpg

absolutely awesome setup!!!very tastefullly done as well :clapping:.wonder how you resist the urge to just sit at home and laze listening to music,going to work must be so painful :mad:.ha ha,enjoy mate.cheers

Its Poang model from Ikea. I bought it from the middle-east. Comes in really sleek packing and has to be self assembled. Very nice comfortable design.

afaik Ikea do not have any outlets in India, nor do they ship it. Will let you know if I get any info in this regard.

Cheers.

absolutely awesome setup!!!very tastefullly done as well :clapping:.

thank u so much.

wonder how you resist the urge to just sit at home and laze listening to music,going to work must be so painful :mad:.

u r absolutely right. my wife has to drag me out (she worx with me). as a matter of fact, earlier (before this setup was up), we used to come back home very late. now, we are back home at more earthly hours.

well, two things for. firstly, i stay approx 500m (cro flies) from office. we waited to find the place close to office before we went ahead and moved. that is one helluva boon in delhi (or even mumbai for that matter, given travel times and traffic).

secondly, i used to work out of home long ago and found this very convenient & efficient. so, doing this again. moving just my office back home. so, plan to be doing up a dedicated listening room with office. lesse when i am actually able to do this.

ha ha,enjoy mate.cheers

u betcha!!

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pictures of my humble setup. Please click the images for high res photos. I need to invest in a good rack.

Regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back