Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

This is my updated controlled directivity system (pending some finishing on the waveguides).. :)
1668002984242.png
It is a fully active, DSP crossover 2.5 way system with Dual Satori WO24P-8 per side on bass and mids and Peerless DFM 2544R compressions drivers on state of the art ST260 KVAR acoustic waveguides/horns. Each driver is driven by a separate output channel on Anilet's O&B 6 channel power amplifier. :)
Here are the full system measured polars (quasi anechoic) and all details of crossover
1668003129501.png
st260_2_5_waydualwoofer_v4 var2 XO-schema-2.png

Regarding subjective impressions, all I can say is magic happens between the speakers even in my completely untreated, unfurnished room :)

This is my updated controlled directivity system (pending some finishing on the waveguides).. :)
View attachment 73063
It is a fully active, DSP crossover 2.5 way system with Dual Satori WO24P-8 per side on bass and mids and Peerless DFM 2544R compressions drivers on state of the art ST260 KVAR acoustic waveguides/horns. Each driver is driven by a separate output channel on Anilet's O&B 6 channel power amplifier. :)
Here are the full system measured polars (quasi anechoic) and all details of crossover
View attachment 73064
View attachment 73065

Regarding subjective impressions, all I can say is magic happens between the speakers even in my completely untreated, unfurnished room :)
Very nice looking speakers # where you located in Bangalore sir

Room Treatment with Umik-1 and REW, and huge bass traps is another story. But I am eager introduce the rest of the system first!.
Excellent description,
Eagerly awaiting to listen to this part of the story as well. I remember myself going multiple ways to tame the Bass with Focal Aria 926 floorstanders.
Do share the room acoustic journey as well.

Latest addition to my office system. A screen to my streamer - the BS NODE 2i :)
1 - A cheap 7 inch tablet - charged with the BS Node 2i's USB port. left on screen always on, with night mode, so it dims once it is dark. This is just a screen, my Mac is the one being used as the primary player.
2 - Using Spotify connect/tidal connect (downloaded for testing) - the information is displayed in real time - shows the album art.
3 - Lovely to just sit back & relax in my rocking chair and enjoy spotify song radio without having to check the phone or laptop to see what's playing.
4 - Snappy enough for the on-screen album art changing in real time as the song changes.
5 - Soothes the itch to get a streamer with a screen.
6 - Might eventually get an iPAD mini for an even larger screen.

1672399410220.jpeg1672399383387.jpeg

Latest addition to my office system. A screen to my streamer - the BS NODE 2i :)
1 - A cheap 7 inch tablet - charged with the BS Node 2i's USB port. left on screen always on, with night mode, so it dims once it is dark. This is just a screen, my Mac is the one being used as the primary player.
2 - Using Spotify connect/tidal connect (downloaded for testing) - the information is displayed in real time - shows the album art.
3 - Lovely to just sit back & relax in my rocking chair and enjoy spotify song radio without having to check the phone or laptop to see what's playing.
4 - Snappy enough for the on-screen album art changing in real time as the song changes.
5 - Soothes the itch to get a streamer with a screen.
6 - Might eventually get an iPAD mini for an even larger screen.

View attachment 74007View attachment 74006
Great idea

A setup put together over the years, many hours of research, sleepless nights, sacrificing vacations :) , inputs from fellow members. Not sure if this would be end-game but the journey was amazing and the results way better.

Most of the components are from the AudioNote UK Stable, streamer is lindemann

Attachments

• DSC_0506 (1).jpg
    DSC_0506 (1).jpg
    924.6 KB · Views: 215
I did.
I tried the Zu with both the Croft and LFD and liked it better with the Croft.
Tomorrow I will try it with a SET amp with 300B tubes.
@prem i tried it with the 9w SET amp and it sounds very good. Wide and precise sound stage, engaging,
But I have the feeling this speaker pair can do much more… (sound captivating?)😎
Have been trying different positions (they are heavy!)
Not sure exactly what I can try next.
I’d be Grateful for your suggestions and from other FM too.

Last edited:
Try borrow a good 2a3 amp and see how it works. The Elekit 300 also might be an interesting option. Typically you’ll need something that’s pretty high bandwidth. The secret here is high bandwidth. Which means good OPT which doesn’t saturate easily.

The Berning 2a3 which I had owned long back will also work well. I think it’s with AVM now. He might be selling his stuff. You can write to him and check. Else look up LTA ZOTL 10.

Dayens Ampino could be an interesting amp.

For cables, check with what Zu recommends. What cables are you using now?

Last edited:
Try borrow a good 2a3 amp and see how it works. The Elekit 300 also might be an interesting option. Typically you’ll need something that’s pretty high bandwidth. The secret here is high bandwidth. Which means good OPT which doesn’t saturate easily.

The Berning 2a3 which I had owned long back will also work well. I think it’s with AVM now. He might be selling his stuff. You can write to him and check. Else look up LTA ZOTL 10.

Dayens Ampino could be an interesting amp.

For cables, check with what Zu recommends. What cables are you using now?
Thanks Prem, I will explore these options. What does high bandwidth mean? I am guessing a consistent level of playback across all the frequencies in the recorded music?
The Decware Zen Triode has been mentioned as a excellent match by several Zu DW owners. But it’s not easy to find (long wait lists)
I am using Kimber cables (not very expensive ones) alternating with Chord Clearway every few months.

I am not good at explaining technical terms :) High bandwidth ensures linearity. Which is why output transformer in a tube amp becomes very critical. Most output transformers have limited bandwidth. And they end up sounding mushy. Dynamics gets constrained. So does attack.

Also you may want to relook at your cables. Check with Zu what they recommend. They have their own cables. But that I guess is not so cheap.

Maybe Anticables might be an option. Anticable is solid core.

Tinned copper Duelund 12 awg might also be a decent option with Zu.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back