Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Thank you.

Thank you. Very happy with it now. Took several weeks to find the correct place of the speakers.
my 1st dedicated audio room.
Creek 100a
Revel f36
Allo Usbridge
Energy take classic sub
clean and neat setup ! now that you found your perfect spot for speakers, don’t let the plant grow in any direction ;)

Set this up for my daughter today.

Source: Chromecast Audio for now as she exclusively uses Amazon Music

Intermediary: DIY Tube buffer, thanks to our FM @yogibear

Power Amplifier: Adcom GFA-535mkii

Speakers: Spica TC-50

Still to tweak positioning within her room constrains. Just allowing the setup to break-in as all the components have remained unused for ages, especially the amp and the speakers.

IMG_20200707_161328.jpg

Set this up for my daughter today.

Source: Chromecast Audio for now as she exclusively uses Amazon Music

Intermediary: DIY Tube buffer, thanks to our FM @yogibear

Power Amplifier: Adcom GFA-535mkii

Speakers: Spica TC-50

Still to tweak positioning within her room constrains. Just allowing the setup to break-in as all the components have remained unused for ages, especially the amp and the speakers.

View attachment 47185
It must be a great feel and satisfaction to see the system work built by unused items. Its even a greater experience to get involved into DIY. The system looks nice :)
Btw, the speakers seem to have an elevated throw, firing straight at ceiling. Does that impact the stage?

This was my setup ... till yesterday. There are some big changes I have made, sold my Home Theater 5.1 setup and converted this to a purely a listening room. I will post that pic soon in the coming weeks.

Home Theater Setup
Polk Audio Monitor 50 - Front Floor Standers speakers
Polk Audio Monitor 30 - Rear bookshelf speakers
Polk Audio TSi CS10 - Center channel speaker
Polk Audio PSW110 - Powered subwoofer
Denon AVR-1508 - Audio Video Receiver
Samsung "5 Series" 32 inches Full HD Television
Samsung DVD Player DVP3588

Stereo Setup
Yamaha AX-397 - Stereo Amplifier
Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2 - Tape Player
Nakamichi OMS-1A - CD Player
Popcorn Hour A300 - Network Media Player
Cambridge Audio CP1 - Pre-amplifier
Akai AP-206C - Turntable
Technolink TC-616 - 6 Way Stereo Amplifier/Speaker Comparator

Attachments

• Rig-02.jpg
    Rig-02.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 415
  • Rig.jpg
    Rig.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 414
This was my setup ... till yesterday. There are some big changes I have made, sold my Home Theater 5.1 setup and converted this to a purely a listening room. I will post that pic soon in the coming weeks.

Home Theater Setup
Polk Audio Monitor 50 - Front Floor Standers speakers
Polk Audio Monitor 30 - Rear bookshelf speakers
Polk Audio TSi CS10 - Center channel speaker
Polk Audio PSW110 - Powered subwoofer
Denon AVR-1508 - Audio Video Receiver
Samsung "5 Series" 32 inches Full HD Television
Samsung DVD Player DVP3588

Stereo Setup
Akai AP-206C - Turntable
Looks clean. Well done!
I ask this question to almost every owner who has a dedicated music setup. The left speaker is too close to the equipment rack and there's a stand mounted TV between the speakers. Do they impact the phantom image and stage? Because the space between and behind the speakers contribute a lot to these aspects of the stereo reproduction.

Looks clean. Well done!
I ask this question to almost every owner who has a dedicated music setup. The left speaker is too close to the equipment rack and there's a stand mounted TV between the speakers. Do they impact the phantom image and stage? Because the space between and behind the speakers contribute a lot to these aspects of the stereo reproduction.
Well ...
I have not tried the stereo chain in the same place without TV

But don't feel that image, centering, depth is suffering because of such an arrangement

Cheers,
Raghu

I have not tried the stereo chain in the same place without TV
I had the TV between the speakers for sometime and when the TV was moved to a different place, the depth and clarity of the centre image and instruments significantly improved. I understand that not everyone is gifted to have dedicated stereo listening setup, but these experiments worth the attempt!

I had the TV between the speakers for sometime and when the TV was moved to a different place, the depth and clarity of the centre image and instruments significantly improved. I understand that not everyone is gifted to have dedicated stereo listening setup, but these experiments worth the attempt!
As "raghubp" said even I have not experienced any image, centering, depth issues with this setup, or maybe I have not used this TV separately to observe the changes. However this setup is gone as of today. As I said in my post this room will have purely a stereo setup in a few days with these below systems.

Stereo Setup
Mission LX2 - Speakers
Akai AP-206C - Turntable

Looks clean. Well done!

@robin3989, there’s an ongoing discussion on the highlighted subject in this thread, with interesting views and experiences:

Upgraded my bedroom AVR to X4500H, watched aquaman and certainly felt a good amount of improvement over the x2600h. Calibrated using the avr software at the moment , yet to calibrate with mobile app.

Also moved Marshall to a more aesthetic position. Rarely listen to them since getting bookshelves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-223039_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809-223039_Gallery.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 20200809_232210.jpg
    20200809_232210.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back