Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Covid and WFH is driving many a person nuts. Here's my slow descent into madness.
Cheers,
Raghu

View attachment 51202

The MA Radius look amazing (was kind of hidden placed on your R300 in previous image you had shared).

Totally in sync with you on the madness, i have made changes every weekend to the position of my electronics/speakers . After many alterations the AV rack now finally sits in between the speakers.

The MA Radius look amazing (was kind of hidden placed on your R300 in previous image you had shared).

Totally in sync with you on the madness, i have made changes every weekend to the position of my electronics/speakers . After many alterations the AV rack now finally sits in between the speakers.
That pair on top of R300 is still there.
This is an extra pair I have lying around.
Had got 4 cubes to setup 5.1 which has not happened.
May never happen by the looks of it.

Cheers,
Raghu

Envious Setup! :oops:

Do post pics of new setup if you can!
Hi yogesh :)

So I downsized from the above Eiffel tower to this great wall of china. Hoping to get my wife's approval :DIMG-20200814-WA0074.jpg

But that only made matters worse :D

So finally nailed some domestic harmony with the below setup :)

SmartSelect_20201026-151128_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely setup, whats the room dimension, and how far are you from the speakers?
Hi vinoth :)

This is actually my daughter's bedroom measuring 11.5 x 15 ft. The speakers are presently shoved into the corners. So they are probably around 12 feet apart. Probably not ideal, but there is only so much I can get away with :)

My listening distance is around 10 ft to the speakers. With the speakers heavily toed-in, firing roughly one meter behind my ears. I do listen at insane volumes. So despite the wide placement, I have huge scale. Almost like sitting front row in a big concert .

Hi vinoth :)

This is actually my daughter's bedroom measuring 11.5 x 15 ft. The speakers are presently shoved into the corners. So they are probably around 12 feet apart. Probably not ideal, but there is only so much I can get away with :)

My listening distance is around 10 ft to the speakers. With the speakers heavily toed-in, firing roughly one meter behind my ears. I do listen at insane volumes. So despite the wide placement, I have huge scale. Almost like sitting front row in a big concert .
Thanks for sharing Newlash09. That's a decent-sized room for the setup, I thought it was a tiny room when I looked at the very first photo. Enjoy listening :)

How are you liking the fx audio dp02? I just can't get it to sing! There's seems to be some timing issues with the bass. Also got myself an fx audio tube 03 and somehow, it just sounds better despite having the same tubes.
Can't say that I am having timing issues. My feet is tapping listening to Steely Dan's Aja. I can't give a critical view of the tubes as I have changed both the Tube and the Amp at the same time. So I can't tell what is contributing to the sound or taking away from it. my current playback chain is less that ideal. Spotify from gaming computer -> HDMI to Sony TV -> Headphone Analog out to Tube pre -> Crown power - speaker out to sub - sub to Quad s2's !!!!

For analyzing the system, I would have preferred to change one component at a time, play from my Marantz CD player to the Tube Pre -> Crown -> speakers. But my CD player is not working. I noticed that using the Tube and the Crown with the Quad 12L2's does make the Quads more laid back than they already are.

Overall, the sound has changed for sure. It's different. The Topping to the Quads were delicate, airy and lovely sounding. Sit back, pour a cup of coffee and relax kind of music. This setup is more like, pour a glass of whiskey, pick me up and dance with me kind of music. :)

On a side note, my tubes were complaining that they were getting a serious inferiority complex being on the same page as the tubes put on display by Newlash09 :D

Last edited:
Haha
I'm really old school. This particular model was purchased to avoid trackpad and small size.
When coding it is least used
Cheers,
Raghu
Going a little (or a lot) off topic but do yourself a favour and get a Logitech MX2S. It's crazy cheap right now considering the value you get. It's a productivity beast (or workhorse), especially if you're working across multiple computers at the same time.

Last edited:
Can't say that I am having timing issues. My feet is tapping listening to Steely Dan's Aja. I can't give a critical view of the tubes as I have changed both the Tube and the Amp at the same time. So I can't tell what is contributing to the sound or taking away from it. my current playback chain is less that ideal. Spotify from gaming computer -> HDMI to Sony TV -> Headphone Analog out to Tube pre -> Crown power - speaker out to sub - sub to Quad s2's !!!!

For analyzing the system, I would have preferred to change one component at a time, play from my Marantz CD player to the Tube Pre -> Crown -> speakers. But my CD player is not working. I noticed that using the Tube and the Crown with the Quad 12L2's does make the Quads more laid back than they already are.

Overall, the sound has changed for sure. It's different. The Topping to the Quads were delicate, airy and lovely sounding. Sit back, pour a cup of coffee and relax kind of music. This setup is more like, pour a glass of whiskey, pick me up and dance with me kind of music. :)

On a side note, my tubes were complaining that they were getting a serious inferiority complex being on the same page as the tubes put on display by Newlash09 :D
Bi-amping the S2s with dual 2502s??? :eek:
I'd gotten myself a single 1502 for the S5s thinking the 2502 would be overkill!!! :p

Going a little (or a lot) off topic but do yourself a favour and get a Logitech MX2S. It's crazy cheap right now considering the value you get. It's a productivity beast (or workhorse), especially if you're working across multiple computers at the same time.
Mouse can be a workhorse? The user (me) has to move it around after all, making me the workhorse, ;).
Cheers,
Raghu

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back