Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Few purchases after a flurry of sales

KEF LSX
D01qyJv.jpg

Jw7Dm1P.png

Beyerdynamic T5P (Ignore the dust on the headband :p )
9rsJEai.jpg

dWVaztM.jpg

Denafrip Ares II DAC , Thanks @drkrack :)
XvUYS7C.jpg

4vZ7Mg1.jpg

Hey! Congratulations. Nice set up out there.
how do the kef’s sound ??

The placement is really sub-optimal with one near to wall other not having a wall in the nearby vicinity and also it is much below my sitting height at the moment , but even with this the center imaging is good for near field listening, has a slightly laidback presentation with good amount of details. So far find it to be the perfect companion to listen to music whilst working or sitting at my PC.

In my quest for a good entry level two channel audio setup at reasonable prices, added a DAC to the list.

iFi Audio - Zen DAC. It's a USB input only Headphone DAC and Pre Amp or can be used as a standalone DAC.

Zen can handle PCM files up to 384kHz and up to DSD256. It can also Render MQA too which is a plus for me as my main streamer is Tidal. Whether my Crown is able to fully utilize it is a different question.

Has 3 firmware that can be installed, each with a slightly different sound. I am currently on the latest version 5.3c. At fixed output (2.1 Vrms) sounds pretty good.

20201121_175352-1.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations. Pls do let us know later, the difference in sound between your earlier Marantz 7010 and this Dac.

Pls do let us know later, the difference in sound between your earlier Marantz 7010 and this Dac.
Specs wise Marantz has a better DAC than the Zen. It's been a few months since Marantz has gone out of my system. I went to Topping and then to Tube and then to DAC. So, unless I do a side by side, I can't recall the sound or differences. Sorry about that.

My First HiFi Stereo Setup:
1. ELAC Navis ARB-51 - Active Speaker
2. Topping E30 - DAC
3. Mogami 2549 RCA Cable
4. Custom USB Cable - bought used one from @magma

Please find my Review on ELAC Navis Speaker below,

1606719708624.png

1606719761087.png

1606719781244.png

1606720408448.png

Regards,
Sathish Chandran.

@sathtom upgrade to a DAC with true balanced outputs for better resolution and details
You are absolutely right bro.. Pairing a $2300 Speaker with $130 DAC will look Idiotic but Topping E30 is just a temporary DAC, I am planning to buy used ELAC Alchemy DDP-2 in USA and hand carry it via my Friend when he plans to come India. Alchemy DDP-2 is an Analog-Preamp/DAC/Streamer combo which will complete my stereo chain.

Last edited:
These look really nice, but was looking at ISO Acoustics since i need to raise the height as well. These wont help in the same.
I had the P1 desk pads, they work by angling the drivers upwards - pretty elegant solution. The iso-acoustic stands work better with more adjustments allowed. Make sure you play around with the DSP to dial the kefs in for a desktop setup.

I had the P1 desk pads, they work by angling the drivers upwards - pretty elegant solution. The iso-acoustic stands work better with more adjustments allowed. Make sure you play around with the DSP to dial the kefs in for a desktop setup.

Yup i missed your sale with the pads included :) , the iso-acoustic stand are really good but visually they are ok. Yet to play around much witht the DSP , but still sounds pretty decent for casual listening.

pls excuse the poor mobile pic quality. After being convinced by Mr. Murthy I took the unequivocal plunge to redesign the hifi unit.
The earlier behemoth which stifled my speakers..
old rack.jpg

The new customised enclosed rack.
new rack.jpg

Wired up both amplifiers with Mr. Murthy's power cables. To say that I'm pleased as punch with the instantaneous sonic difference would be an understatement! The speakers can literally breathe freely now. I'm beginning to seriously appreciate that very resolving smooth sweet sound! :D

pls excuse the poor mobile pic quality. After being convinced by Mr. Murthy I took the unequivocal plunge to redesign the hifi unit.
The earlier behemoth which stifled my speakers..
View attachment 52708

The new customised enclosed rack.
View attachment 52709

Wired up both amplifiers with Mr. Murthy's power cables. To say that I'm pleased as punch with the instantaneous sonic difference would be an understatement! The speakers can literally breathe freely now. I'm beginning to seriously appreciate that very resolving smooth sweet sound! :D
A very nice transformation Sean. Would be great if there are big openings at the back of the rack for airflow.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back