Showcase your cassette deck

i got hold of this a month back from a friend...it's in great condition, only the light in the vu meters are not working...do let me know if they are available somewhere..
cheers,
abhraneel

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 224
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 224
  • photo_3.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 224
  • photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 226
i got hold of this a month back from a friend...it's in great condition, only the light in the vu meters are not working...do let me know if they are available somewhere..
cheers,
abhraneel

Fantastic find Abhraneel. So, looks like you would be rolling tapes from now on instead of spinning vinyls. Very neat piece.

Regards,
Saket

I've got the same deck in as good a condition as your's. The only hitch is that there is a irritating background noise while playing tapes. The mechanic says it's got many layers of printed circuit boards and hundreds of caps. So he is not interested in spending his time to locate the hiss noise

interestingly, in the last few days, i've been tempted to use my Marantz CD63 to listen to some cds. As funny as this may sound, I am kind of experiencing a resurgence of sorts with CDs. I need to find a balance between my vinyl, tape, tuner and cd listening. The FM content on local FM is not to my taste, except for the english stuff on saturday evenings.

Recently I got a chance to buy used Technics M 33 cassette deck. Initially I thought it is a regular type of deck but when I listened some tracks on it I found it very warm sounding deck. Moreover build quality is superb...weight is almost 7 kg. Now I have unpacked my old cassettes which were lying idle for the last couple of years. Here are some pictures of the Deck.

Attachments

• WP_20140624_008.jpg
    WP_20140624_008.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 217
  • WP_20140624_011.jpg
    WP_20140624_011.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 214
  • WP_20140624_007.jpg
    WP_20140624_007.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 214
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back