Showcase Your Turntable

That's a very clean piece Svaze. Well done! What are you going to pair this with. Any of the Legends?

How did you manage to get this from Japan?

Cheers...

Thanks Record Player. I have a Denon DL-103, Pearl2 phono and Pass B1 in the chain. Speakers are Quad 11L.

I won this in an auction on ebay.com. It was shipped from Japan through EMS. Reached me in 7 days flat.

~Swapnil

Thanks Record Player. I have a Denon DL-103, Pearl2 phono and Pass B1 in the chain. Speakers are Quad 11L.

I won this in an auction on ebay.com. It was shipped from Japan through EMS. Reached me in 7 days flat.

~Swapnil

WOW, the 1200 is sure going to sound sweet.

What was the final deal like?

Cheers...

I won the auction for US $153. Shipping was a further $199. Luckily for me I didn't have to pay any customs duty. It was super duper deal at $352 :yahoo:.

That's a super price for a 1200 in superb condition.... one gets nonsense condition 1200's in India for 30k... 40k... and more!

Too many people are overwhelmed by the word "turntable." I wonder how much some would try to get for a Dansette?* ;)

svaze... it must have been a nail-biting time waiting for that to arrive. If it had not been in decent condition, the disappointment would have far outweighed the financial loss. Congratulations on your buy :D

*On second thoughts, would a collector's collection be complete without one? And I had really, really underestimated the original pricing as mentioned by Wikki. Mine was a Dynatron, by the way --- back in the late 60s.

Last edited:
Yup, spent a few anxious days tracking the parcel. My anxiety grew when EMS tracking showed that the parcel was in and out of customs within few minutes :rolleyes:. Fortunately for me the ordeal didn't last too long and I had the parcel in my hand within a week. Heaved a huge sigh of relief when I found that the TT was as good as shown in the pictures.

Since this is a Japan specific version which works on 100v, I could only stare at the TT for the next whole week :lol: till the stepdown transformer I had ordered from Torotrans arrived

I won the auction for US $153. Shipping was a further $199. Luckily for me I didn't have to pay any customs duty. It was super duper deal at $352 :yahoo:.

What a deal for $350. Congrats on this, its a real steal.

On my recent visit to the US, I saw a mint condition SL1200 (silver) for sale on ebay and entered into a bidding war. Gave up at the $350 mark, the table eventually sold for $675. Maybe next time when I visit the UK, I'll bid for a 1210 (because of the 220v option). Love the matte black finish too.

The SL1200s available in India are usually the beaten and battered DJ turntables that are picked up as scrap from Hong Kong repaired and re-sold.

Nice catch swapnil. Congrats !
Too many people are overwhelmed by the word "turntable." I wonder how much some would try to get for a Dansette
Restored Dansette fetch as much as midfi audiophile turntable.
What to do ? High fidelity or not, people love vintage stuff. They go weak on their knees seeing mint vintage audio equipment. Nostalgia fills their mind. Suddenly they remember good old days. Heavy dose of dopamine is released when they get hold of it. :D
Would love to have one of these for my office.
Regards

Last edited:

Svaze, Ideally you should not write that you bought this TT, or won the auction , etc. You practically STOLE it.:D I would be difficult to get the 1200, a real good one, at a price point even triple this figure.

Nice catch swapnil. Congrats !

Restored Dansette fetch as much as midfi audiophile turntable.
What to do ? High fidelity or not, people love vintage stuff. They go weak on their knees seeing mint vintage audio equipment. Nostalgia feels their brains. Suddenly they remember good old days. Heavy dose of dopamine is released when they get hold of it. :D
Would love to have one of these for my office.
Regards
Such things are part of history. I didn't have one myself (deprived childhood :lol:) but Dansette was a key part of teenage culture in its day. In some ways, it must have played a part in changing the world! Nostalgia is very valid, although it is not really nostalgia unless one was there at the time! Selling and buying as part of history is ok, but if newcomers get fooled into thinking that they are buying into superior analogue sound, then that is another, and quite wrong.

That Pye looks very nice. Apart from my late teens Dynatron, in my twneties I had an old wooden-box gramophone, left behind by a departing housemate. I guess I must have left it behind at some point too. I have no idea what it was. Sad, because, I now suspect that, within the context of its time, it was a pretty decent player. Certainly, now, it would have a big dose of nostalgia value.

Such things are part of history. but Dansette was a key part of teenage culture in its day. In some ways, it must have played a part in changing the world!
Can't seem to remember but there was website for the same. Heritage of classic audio equipments. Will Post if I find it.

Ontopic : That Technic is part of audio heritage too. Probably the only turntable in productions for quite a few decades.
Regards

Last edited:
Ontopic : That Technic is part of audio heritage too. Probably the only turntable in productions for quiet a few decades.
Regards

Don't know if that's a common knowledge but the Technics SL-1200 is displayed at the London Science Museum as one of the pieces of technology that have shaped the world we live in.:)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technics_SL-1200

I hope I own one sometime in my life!

Regards,
Saket

Just procured this beauty from Kolkata dealer. Am planning to use as my second set up with Pioneers A-20 stereo integrated amplifier. Heartfelt thanks to fellow member Bhaskar Roy for making my vinyl journey very smooth.

k9a4.jpg

Would request my fellow members to educate me more on this rig.

Thanks in advance,

Well.. i bought my first TT in May. Technics SL-1500. From FM Mr. Kuruvila Jacob. Here are a few pics. It had been refurbished and re-painted.

Currently i've placed it on the floor :p getting a furniture made for it.

Last edited:
Wow, lovely TT!! this is a SL1500 Mk1, the only marked difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 is that the Mk2 had the controls outside the dustcover so it could be played/operated with the dust cover down. It also had digital displays. The Mk1 is one hell of a turntable, pundits say that its much better than the Mk2. Handle the queuing lever with care. SL1500 users often had an issue or two with this.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Kuruvila, kindly share some light on the paint job and how you got the printing of the technics logo and functions, done.

ya! please do that... i am rebuilding my Lenco L75... intend painting it, but don't want to lose the original printed logo....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back