Showcase Your Turntable

Can't turn up the volume up now because of the feedback. Still playing around with it!

Greenhorn, I'm not one of the forum TT experts, or even much of an enthusiast these days, but being among the older members, I have grown up with sound coming from black discs, not only vinyl but even shellac in my childhood. Having lived with quite a few (and owned a couple) turntables, I'm surprised to hear of your feedback problem. Please excuse if the following suggestions are too basic but...

--- Does your deck have transit screws, and, if so, have you made sure that they are undone and the deck is free to move on its suspension?

--- Is your TT on the same surface, or close to, one or more of the speakers?

I've lived with TTs that put up with over-sized speakers blaring and hippies stomping up and down like hippos around them without feedback. I suspect that there must be something simple causing your problem, and, once diagnosed and solved, you will be able to just enjoy the music.

Last edited:
Modded SL1210 MK5

8026298814_2459ace6f7_c.jpg

It's been a month since I wanted to write this. I received my first TT, a Lenco L75 from my guru Kuruvila Jacob. Wow, Vinyl at last !

Congrats! Please share your listening experience, and comparison (if any) you have done with other TT's. regards, sann

Ruebensm,
you say modded SL1210 MK5 .. what mods did you carry out? Can you also share the costs please?

Dear Friends,

Few days back i received my first turntable, the model is JVC L-F41. It is a direct drive turntable. I noticed an advertisement for sale of a JVC turntable in Pune about 2 months back. I spoke to the person who has given the ad. The person on the other side seemed genuine. so i got further interested in buying this turntable, but the problem was that i was not ready to buy the same without having a look at the same by me or by any trusted person known to me.
I had discussion with esteemed FM OMishra(Mishra Ji) about the turntable and seeked his help to close the deal. He selflessly came forward to help me. He went to see the turntable and then picked up the same once he was satisfied. I would not have been able to buy this turntable without his help. Thanks a zillion Mishra Ji.
But the turntable needed some work, it needed replacement of headshell, a cartridge and replacement of few internal wires. The headshell was imported from US as the same was not available in India and the Ortfone Super OM 10 was offered by our esteemed FM SAchu888. The replacement of headshell and cartridge took about 1.5 months time. i am not well aware with the technicalities of the electrical equipments. Mishra Ji only fixed the headshell, cartridge and repaired the internal wires. Now the turntable is functioning very beautifully in my living room. During the whole process i spoke to multiple forum members multiple times to get their advice and guidance and they are Mr. Kuruvilla Jackob, Mr. Murali N and my friend Reuben. I am very much thankful to all of them for the patience they showed while listening to me and for their valuable guidance.

now a photograph of the same:

Attachments

• IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 284
Dear Amit, enjoy! Indeed it is clean TT and nice soundings one.

Thanks for your kind words. It's passion that binds us together.

Lovely to see the end of the road on this project, congrats Amit, now sit back and enjoy the music.

Great going by Mishraji. whatever may have been required to fix the deck is only secondary. The win for you is the fact that you've helped introduce yet another enthusiast to the exclusive but wonderful world of vinyl. Thanks a ton for this.

Dear Friends,

Few days back i received my first turntable, the model is JVC L-F41. It is a direct drive turntable. I noticed an advertisement for sale of a JVC turntable in Pune about 2 months back. I spoke to the person who has given the ad. The person on the other side seemed genuine. so i got further interested in buying this turntable, but the problem was that i was not ready to buy the same without having a look at the same by me or by any trusted person known to me.
I had discussion with esteemed FM OMishra(Mishra Ji) about the turntable and seeked his help to close the deal. He selflessly came forward to help me. He went to see the turntable and then picked up the same once he was satisfied. I would not have been able to buy this turntable without his help. Thanks a zillion Mishra Ji.
But the turntable needed some work, it needed replacement of headshell, a cartridge and replacement of few internal wires. The headshell was imported from US as the same was not available in India and the Ortfone Super OM 10 was offered by our esteemed FM SAchu888. The replacement of headshell and cartridge took about 1.5 months time. i am not well aware with the technicalities of the electrical equipments. Mishra Ji only fixed the headshell, cartridge and repaired the internal wires. Now the turntable is functioning very beautifully in my living room. During the whole process i spoke to multiple forum members multiple times to get their advice and guidance and they are Mr. Kuruvilla Jackob, Mr. Murali N and my friend Reuben. I am very much thankful to all of them for the patience they showed while listening to me and for their valuable guidance.

Lovely to see the end of the road on this project, congrats Amit, now sit back and enjoy the music.

I think the journey just begun. Only way to "sit back and enjoy the music" is to log out HFV and never log in again. :) :)

Great going by Mishraji. whatever may have been required to fix the deck is only secondary. The win for you is the fact that you've helped introduce yet another enthusiast to the exclusive but wonderful world of vinyl. Thanks a ton for this.

Contagious, very contagious. These men (Om along with Sachin) are wolves in ship's disguise. They simply put one on the wheel of audio nirvana. People like me who are so indebted to them that we hate to come out of this turbulence even if we need to. :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, great going Om, Mr. Kuruvilla Jackob, Mr. Murali N, Reuben and Sachin.

Thanks and best regards,

Bhaskar

Dear Friends,

Congratulations Amit! Have a melodious journey! My hearty thanks to Omishra and Sachu888 for the helps offered to Amit.
Regards,
sunder.

Amazing pictures of TT setups in this thread!

I completed my TT setup earlier this month. Clicked a few pictures via my cell phone last night. Posting them here. Picture quality isn't that good. Will post pictures from a better camera later.

The description of the post can be found here:
http://www.hifivision.com/phono-turntables/46644-my-first-post.html

trdastidar-albums-my-rig-picture531-whole-rig.jpg

trdastidar-albums-my-rig-picture532-just-tt.jpg

trdastidar-albums-my-rig-picture533-close-up.jpg

Back