Showcase Your Turntable

Hello..

Look nice... Your right speaker is too close to wall and close to corner... If you keep little away from corner and wall your system shine much better...

wish you happy lisitining......

Regards,
Selvin...

slick setup, I like the design of that rack, its different

speakers look quite close to the wall, again that subjective and depends on your taste for bass/bass attack

Hello..

Look nice... Your right speaker is too close to wall and close to corner... If you keep little away from corner and wall your system shine much better...

I know that the speaker is too close to the wall. Unfortunately, I can't move them - the rack gets in the way. There's no other place in the house as well which I can use.

Fortunately, I listen mostly to classical. So bass punch is not exactly what I look out for. The bass does get a bit muddled when I play rock.

The rack is custom made. Its heavy as rock (solid plywood).

Try placing the speakers right in front of your rack. I mean, the speaker rear edges virtually being on the edges of the rack. That way, 1st, you would be pulling up the speakers by @ 12 to 18" minimum from the front wall, and the right speaker would be having @ 12 to 18" from the side wall. (I have noticed the bottom rack projection in the right too). Wharf 9.5 being rear ported, the sound resolution should improve further. Depending on your listening position, you could also try a bit of toe-ins too.

Try placing the speakers right in front of your rack. I mean, the speaker rear edges virtually being on the edges of the rack. That way, 1st, you would be pulling up the speakers by @ 12 to 18" minimum from the front wall, and the right speaker would be having @ 12 to 18" from the side wall. (I have noticed the bottom rack projection in the right too). Wharf 9.5 being rear ported, the sound resolution should improve further. Depending on your listening position, you could also try a bit of toe-ins too.

Its a very very good suggestion, but alas, I wish I could do that. Wifey is already super angry with all those "ugly" wires dangling all over. If I move the speakers front and take up more space in the room, and expose more of those uglies, then gawd help me ...

Its not visible in the picture, but there's very little space in front of the rack - around 3-4 feet ...

Looks like i have to live with this, until the time i find a better room ...

Hey Nice setup,

Congratulation!

enjoy your favourite music on the turntable.

That HIFI Unit looks very nice, however it is little wider. I am also facing the same kind of a problem.

You still have the option of slimming this unit in future as and when possible to give more space to speakers. which i dont have, my unit is fixed to wall and no way my wife will allow me to break that TV unit.

Regards

Think about asymmetrical placing also to increase the wall-speaker distance despite the wide rack. Or go for a Vertical rack. Bhagwan has tried that successfully. You might get a more jazzy look as a by product. Soemtimes everything arranged symmetrically can look a bit dull.

I don't have a new TT to show but its kind of related. Couldn't find any other thread where i could post this. Had an old bookshelf type furniture that din't have any door. Lot of dust used to get accumulated. So thought of putting a door. Here's how it looks now (the carpenter's not done a great job with the finishing..but its ok. serves my purpose):

Last edited:
Here are some turntable eye candies....and No....they are not mine :)

f4oe.jpg

Regards

Bhaskar

here is my first TT rough setup.Thorens TD160 BC MKII with SME improved/AT cart.
presently connected to Sansui QRX 7001 with a pair of vintage National panasonic Speakers. need some help in getting a suitable pair of speakers and recapping the sansui (had posted a request earlier in a wrong thread - moderators to pardon me)
Arun

Attachments

• IMG_2639.jpg
    IMG_2639.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2637.jpg
    IMG_2637.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 254
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back