Showcase Your Turntable

I liked the last picture of the wall mounting where not sure though if the wires are adjustable.

My wall mounted TT:

dsc04881n.jpg

Regards,
Sachin

Wall mounting is advantageous where the floor is not rigid. If you live in a house with concrete floor, wall mount is not really needed.

Its been a while since we saw anything spinning here. Thought Ill post some photography pictures of some of the TTs I owned or auditioned but shot by me and ones which are not posted in any of my other threads.

Some of the shots through the DSLR....

Note: Please expand to see high resolution shots.

_MG_2188_zps9e5be998.jpg

_MG_2198_zps6a50a12b.jpg

_MG_2211_zpscc5ef0b4.jpg

_MG_2229_zps56c52068.jpg

_MG_2442_zps305082fc.jpg

_MG_2443_zps0fd11795.jpg

_MG_2446_zps70c59430.jpg

_MG_2452_zpsc979185a.jpg

_MG_2454_zps708e2f90.jpg

IMG_2697_zpsca7a83cc.jpg

Very nice shots there RP! Particularly loved the look of the platter of your Akai.

Thanks Saket. In fact I also particularly liked that shot as the platter looks really classy :).

I'm planning an exclusive shoot for my 1200 and 401 next month. Ill post them right after.

Cheers...

Okay so anyone watching the Hollywood movie series Suits? The character Harvey Specter has loads of vinyls in his office room but I cannot make out the make and model of his TT thaty he plays, looks costly though, the cart seems to be Ortofon 2M Red but thought in case anyone has ever watched it and has any idea

I remember reading somewhere that audio equipment needs to be shot with the camera at a distance and zoomed in. Only then will the right proportions be captured.

I remember reading somewhere that audio equipment needs to be shot with the camera at a distance and zoomed in. Only then will the right proportions be captured.

That's right Reuben. As these pictures are shot in high resolution you can always crop your image. Cropping and positioning your image is very important in photography.

Typically, once you take your shots they must be post processed i.e. cropped, adjusting levels, brightness/contrast, sharpening etc. Now one must be careful not to over process the image as the end result will look artificial.

Now, if you are trying to get detail for parts like Cartridge, Emblem/Logo or anything specific, its better to zoom in and shoot. Focal distance is important here.

Sansui SR 222 Mk 1 in front (with Shure M75ED Type 2 Cartridge and a generic .4x.7mil stylus)
Technics SL 1210 MK2 at the back (with a Shure M44-7)

Played through a sony STR 242L receiver and B&W Vision DS4 speakers

Wow..both your TTs look in great shape. The 1210 looks almost mint! Congrats! :clapping:

now that they're up and running -

Sansui SR 222 Mk 1 in front (with Shure M75ED Type 2 Cartridge and a generic .4x.7mil stylus)
Technics SL 1210 MK2 at the back (with a Shure M44-7)

Played through a sony STR 242L receiver and B&W Vision DS4 speakers

Good show greenhorn.. They look lovely!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back