Slimline Dolby Atmos AV receiver.

Every year new technology is getting released with hype and so the new models are coming up.
Assume that no new technology is getting released for some time may be for 2-3 years down the line ,then no market gimmics/ hype for new products and then no visibility to sell the new product.
I would suggest if you feel lame without the new technology, then u think about upgrading .I see you recently u bought this AVR ,be happy with what you have right now. If not ,you will not be in a postion to enjoy the current setup and finding faults/wrong in it.
Just my 2 cents.
"Happy listening" with your current setup.
Atb
PS: you may not be knowing how the eARC performs in your TV initial days .During initial phase each and every technology is half cooked one when coming to market( some thing like beta).you will hear lot of surprise with reviews.No offence on LG or Marantz here.i do own LG and Marantz product.
I totally agree with you. But my TV is now a month old. And I got this Marantz NR1609 AV reciever very recently. The reciever is unused in box since I have not purchased the speakers yet. Yet everything is in plans and process now. So no harm in getting the new model Marantz NR1710.
It's not that late...I Ican get this one in exchange with the new one.
Only thing I will have to wait till December till this is available here. It's ok with me.
I have made up my mind to enjoy it not less than 5 yrs till I think of upgrade it to the next level.

One question to you.. as you are worried about Dolby content going from tv to avr right? Can u connect that content like set top box or fire stick etc as input to avr directly? In that way all the required Dolby sound tracks would be decoded by avr and u get clean video signals on TV . This idea is just in case u are not able to exchange ur 1609 with 1710

I finally got the Marantz NR1710 yesterday.
A fantastic piece of equipment.
An ideal AV reciver for my LG SM9000 TV which passes the Lossless Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD,
DTS X , DTS high resolution audio &
DTS Master audio thru my TV's HDMI 2.1/ eARC out thru an eARC HDMI 2.1 cable to the eARC output of the Marantz NR1710 which has this updated future ready eARC output.
After going thru all information and reviews in regards to the home theater setup ... If someone is planning for a new HT setup.... equipment on both ends should support eARC over HDMI 2.1.
It will ensure all format's of Decoding system form of Dolby & DTS ... from 2019 onwards giving you peace of mind for years to come enjoying the advantages of surround sound of streaming and other encoded contents.

An ideal AV reciver for my LG SM9000 TV which passes the Lossless Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD,
DTS Master audio thru my TV's HDMI 2.1/ eARC out thru an eARC HDMI 2.1 cable to the eARC output of the Marantz NR1710 which has this updated future ready eARC output.
After going thru all information and reviews in regards to the home theater setup ... If someone is planning for a new HT setup.... equipment on both ends should support eARC over HDMI 2.1.
It will ensure all format's of Decoding system form of Dolby & DTS ... from 2019 onwards giving you peace of mind for years to come enjoying the advantages of surround sound of streaming and other encoded contents.
Congratulations !! What did you do with your 1609 ?

I had finally figured out the answer.....
I am going to replace my NR 1608 with the new NR1710 with eARC out .
I will do this soon as it is released here in India around Nov-Dec 2019. My TV is future ready with eARC thru HDMI 2.1. To enjoy the full benefits of this medium I need to get this new AV receiver which has the eARC output.
This will follow up with a new HDMI 2.1 cable
which supports the high bandwidth of eARC 48Gbps pass thru.
As you can see why I chose to go this path is mentioned below ......

ARC thru HDMI 2.0
Till now ARC or Audio Return Channel was the single wire medium where Dolby Atmos could be passed over regular ARC/ HDMI 2.0 (via Dolby Digital Plus)
The cables requirements were the HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2 which handles transfer rates upto 18Gbps

eARC thru HDMI 2.1
(A higher bandwidth Audio return channel)
here Dolby Atmos passes (via Dolby True HD)
eARC
offers improved bandwidth for higher-quality
* Dolby Atmos
* Dolby TrueHD
* DTS-HD Master Audio streams
The new format also has lip-sync compensation built-in.

To enjoy or decode the latest Dolby True HD/Dolby Atmos and DTS HD master audio streams
The new format requires TV's with eARC thru
HDMI 2.1
and AV recivers with eARC outputs.
Similarly HDMI cables for this new generation format need HDMI 2.1/HDCP 2.2 cables which handles this high bandwidth rates of 48Gbps.
I would buy a firestick 4K, rather than spend 20-30K upgrading to 1710. You don't need to worry about EARC at all.
Edit: I did not see that you already bought it. Personally, I find it inconvenient to pick up to change inputs on TV. I would rather have everything controlled by AVR. So, I much prefer a firestick to in built features of a "smart" TV.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the 1710? Where did you buy it?
Technology companies are running on creating "chul" in people. There is no peace of mind, once you go into technology. Today it is 4K, tomorrow, it will be 8K. Today it is Atmos, tomorrow, it will be Auro 3D. There are only pieces, no peace.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the 1710? Where did you buy it?
Technology companies are running on creating "chul" in people. There is no peace of mind, once you go into technology. Today it is 4K, tomorrow, it will be 8K. Today it is Atmos, tomorrow, it will be Auro 3D. There are only pieces, no peace.
After purchasing my LG 55SM9000PTA TV this September end 2019 which I did after doing over a month of research and evaluation....
.... I skipped out the importance of eARC / HDMI 2.1 present in my TV and got the ultra slimline 2019 model Marantz NR1609. Untill I found out about the importance of enhanced audio return channel eARC thru HDMI 2.1 which is future ready for lossless
Hi-Res Audio as well as new generation uncompressed & lossless Dolby Atmos 7.1 & DTS X 7.1 contents.
All these features was possible thru my TV but Marantz NR 1609 didn't had the support.
After knowing about the 2nd new Marantz 2019 model ... NR1710 having all these capabilities, I didn't gave a second thought to replace my Marantz NR 1609 with the NR1710.
Luckily I got this not loosing any penny and just paying the extra price difference for the new one which was within my budget.
I am very grateful to the Marantz guys here in India and their local dealer in my city who had helped & supported me throughout this venture.
I am very well informed about the Auro 3D ...but it's only present in the upper end 2019 models of Marantz which also feature I - MAX enhanced video which is out of my budget and are not slimliners but fat in height.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back